What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Resident Evil 4 3D - sadly im admitting to seeing this,even a wet shower room scene with Milla Jovavich and Ali Larter could'nt save this film, although some of the 3D parts were well done, just wasnt scary or even jumpy and very predictable. 3/10

Ghost Town - Got this on Blu Ray from Lovefilm, missed it when it was at the cinema and wanted to see it since, not a huge Gervais fan overall but for some reason i really wanted to see it, its a love story and comedy with a Gervais twist to it, nothing lovey Dovey just right, one of the best films iv seen in a the last month ( I watch a shit load of films as im a projectionist lol) - 8/10

Resident Evil 4 3D - sadly im admitting to seeing this,even a wet shower room scene with Milla Jovavich and Ali Larter could'nt save this film, although some of the 3D parts were well done, just wasnt scary or even jumpy and very predictable. 3/10

Ghost Town - Got this on Blu Ray from Lovefilm, missed it when it was at the cinema and wanted to see it since, not a huge Gervais fan overall but for some reason i really wanted to see it, its a love story and comedy with a Gervais twist to it, nothing lovey Dovey just right, one of the best films iv seen in a the last month ( I watch a shit load of films as im a projectionist lol) - 8/10

This post makes me sad.

RE4 if you expected anything unpredictable with Anderson, you're clearly had no idea what you were getting into!

Ghost Town is truly shit though, it was passable only in the fact it was so bland and harmless that you couldn't care enough either way to give it a positive/negative mark.

I watched it on a flight to the States and clocked what was happening early on as well. It's probably the most disappointed I've been at a film. I thought it was rotten

Ooft, I came out of the cinema thinking it would be a movie that would hold up very well to repeated viewings.

Watched Spun last night. Independent film with Jason Schwartzmen, Brittany Murphy, Mickey Rourke and others that I can only name other characters they've played. The chick that played Heather in American Pie and the mexican guy in the Dawn of the Dead remake, might have been Day of the Dead. The one where they are on the island.

I loved it. Not gonna give away endings or anything but it's a weird trippy drug film. As the title suggests it's about cocaine.

(Being spun is when you stay up days on end while taking drugs like cocaine, stimulants.)

The acting was good and there was some nudity aswell :D

8/10

If you mean John Leguizamo, he's Colombian, and was in Land of the Dead. :lol:

Dr Strangelove

Cam quite make my mind up regarding this film at all.some cracking performances,especially from George C Scott and some cracking lines like "you can't fight in here,it's the war room".a bit laboured in places and also quite uncomfortable and the way they built up the tension with last B52 was well worked.can't make my mind up on a score.

If anyone else has seen it I'd appreciate another view.

Gangs of New York

Seen it before, but was watching it with the bird as she hadn't seen it

Looking back, even on his older films, I'm now convinced Di Caprio is the best actor on the planet

I think he's a good actor......now.Thought he was poor in Gangs of New York to be honest,his stuff from Blood Diamond onwards seems a lot better.

If you mean John Leguizamo, he's Colombian, and was in Land of the Dead. :lol:

Close enough, shoulda just called him Hispanic and covered my bases <_<.

Land of the Dead, sounds about right. I know the names and I know the plots, just can't put em together :P.

Di Caprio has really coming into recently. Shutter Island and The Departed are both amazing. Although the "surprise" ending in Shutter Island was obvious but that has nothing to do with his acting. Not seen Inception, too much hype around it. I'll wait for it to die down then see it.

Trick 'r Treat (2007)

This film starts off with you just thinking it's going to be another clichéd Creepshow style B-movie, but the inclusion of Anna Paquin throws you off a little bit, why would an upper B-lister sign up for such drivel?

And you'd be right to think that, as what you end up getting is four intertwined stories which meet up in the end to perform one of the biggest mind-fucks you'll ever see! Yes, there's predictable horror clichés thrown in along the way, but get past that and spend the whole time guessing what's going to happen and I can guarantee you there'll be about three times when you'll just go "what the f**k just happened here?!?!?".

It was Michael Dougherty's first attempt to write and direct, and a bloody good start... he didn't do so well with his previous writing efforts (Superman Returns [shite], X2 [worst of the three] and the hideous Urban Legend: Bloody Mary) so this was a pleasant change.

7/10

Trick 'r Treat (2007)

This film starts off with you just thinking it's going to be another clichéd Creepshow style B-movie, but the inclusion of Anna Paquin throws you off a little bit, why would an upper B-lister sign up for such drivel?

And you'd be right to think that, as what you end up getting is four intertwined stories which meet up in the end to perform one of the biggest mind-fucks you'll ever see! Yes, there's predictable horror clichés thrown in along the way, but get past that and spend the whole time guessing what's going to happen and I can guarantee you there'll be about three times when you'll just go "what the f**k just happened here?!?!?".

It was Michael Dougherty's first attempt to write and direct, and a bloody good start... he didn't do so well with his previous writing efforts (Superman Returns [shite], X2 [worst of the three] and the hideous Urban Legend: Bloody Mary) so this was a pleasant change.

7/10

I like films like this when they're done well but in my view this one isn't. I think I must have given it about 3/10. It's been a while but, if I remember rightly, there's a good story involving the school principal but other than that I found it tedious with the story of the girls having a party being particularly weak.

I like films like this when they're done well but in my view this one isn't. I think I must have given it about 3/10. It's been a while but, if I remember rightly, there's a good story involving the school principal but other than that I found it tedious with the story of the girls having a party being particularly weak.

TBH I think the inclusion of Anna Paquin and the pumpkin boy at the end may have biased the mark.

On the whole it was about a 5/10, but for me laughing at pumpkin boy and the teacher fucking a pig up the arse it gained some extra comedy points.

The Strangers (2008)

Liv Tyler signs up to do some tedious crap...

Think Paranormal Activity but with killers instead of ghosts, that's pretty much what you get here.

It takes an hour to really get going and only has about 15 minutes of footage other than Tyler and Scott Speedman (Felicity, US drama) fannying about in a house waiting for their inevitable doom.

This only emphasised one thing, Mormons are unnecessary evil.

4/10

EDIT: Mark altered, see below...

Edited by SaltyTON

Devil

Not too bad really. Was expectin a crappy film consider M Night Shamalan was involved. His efforts since Sixth Sense and even Signs, were pretty mince. However this turned out not too bad. Five people trapped in a lift and one of them is the devil who is there to punish them all for past crimes etc. One by one, they get bumped off in the dark and u are left wondering who the killer is before the usual twist at the end. Cleverly put together story entwining most of the cast a la Saw etc.

7/10

Right first of all, I'm taking a mark of The Strangers, I think I went too high.

Next,

Feast (2005)

Right I just checked and there's two straight to DVD sequels, why am I not surprised?

This has the names of Wes Craven (of course, he'll put his name to anything), Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Chris Moore (one of Damon/Affleck's mates) listed as "executive producers". Why anyone would put their names to this I don't know, as it flopped at the box office [bADLY]!

Despite what I've said, I'm putting the point taken from the Tyler flick and giving it to this to make it scrape a pass...

Reason: Monsters shagging after eating their baby, then one gets his cock trapped in the door, it gets cut off with a machete then the castrated monster cock chases a crippple about in his wheelchair... I spilled hot coffee all over me laughing at that!

5/10

28 Days Later was on More four last night. Not the first time I've seen it or anything but I felt I would review it.

I really like it, alot more than the sequel, 28 weeks later. Cilian Murphy and Christopher Eccleston(SP) are good in it.

Some of the scenes in it are brutal.

A solid 7/10. Well worth a watch.

I have it on good authority than Boyle is making a 28 Months Later.

Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010)

I truly have no idea how to rate this, maybe it will come to me as I type this!

The first twenty minutes is just CGI and gunfire, utter shite, I'm not impressed thus far.

Then we get a bit of a plot, quite interesting thanks for that Paul!

Now we go into Crystal Skull mode of sticking in completely random unexplained nonsense... what the f**k was that big monster with the big hammer... when did Too Human kick in, and why did Alice not just do what she did in the first place?!?!?

I thought this was the last one, but it seemed set up for a fifth film...

Let it go Anderson, you've had your run now let it go and go back to producing shite!

I can't give this any more than a 6/10 despite enjoying it, for that ridiculous mince at the beginning...