What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Death At A Funeral

Highly enjoyable remake of the british version of a couple of years back. Chris Rock and Martin Lawrence star as brothers on the day of their dads funeral who are trying to make things go as smoothly as possible. For this to happen, they would have to deal with their cousins boyfriend who accidently pops acid thinking its valium and therefore trips throughout the whole movie, their fathers secret lover who is a midget white guy and their grumpy uncle (played brilliantly by Danny Glover). Some of the scenes were of laugh out loud quality. Not sure if its me but black people always seem that much funnier, due to their expressions and mannerisms

8.5/10

13 Beloved [2006]- (Thai Thriller) Pusit is having the worst day of his life. He just lost his job and is in serious debt. That is all about to change when he receives a mysterious phone call with a tempting offer. If he could complete 13 tasks, he will win 100 million Baht. Pusit agrees and the game begins

Very watchable 7/10

À l'intérieur [2007]- (French Horror) Four months before Christmas, Sarah and Matthieu Scarangelo were in a car crash, of which Sarah and her unborn baby were the only survivors. On Christmas Eve, Sarah stays home alone, where she grieves her husband and prepares to go to the hospital the next morning for the delivery. As night falls, a woman knocks on Sarah's door asking to use the phone. When she refuses, the woman reveals that she knows Sarah and tries to force her way in. Sarah calls the police; they inspect the home and determine the woman has left, but promise to keep watch over Sarah through the night. The woman returns and tries to take Sarah's unborn child, but Sarah locks herself in the bathroom. The strange woman torments Sarah through the night and kills all who try help her.

Bit of a gore fest. Not brilliant but better than any of the Hollywood equivalents. 6.5/10

Cemetery Junction [2010]- (British Comedy) A 1970s-set comedy centered on three upstart professional men working at an insurance company.

Gervais best movie by a mile. Had me in stitches. Good comedy with the correct balance of drama. A solid 8/10

El secreto de sus ojos (The Secret in Their Eyes) [2009]- (Argentinian Drama/Mystery) A retired legal counselor writes a novel hoping to find closure for one of his past unresolved homicide cases and for his unreciprocated love with his superior - both of which still haunt him decades later.

Probably the best movie Ive watched over the last month. Gripping stuff. 9/10

Shifty [2008]- (British Drama) Shifty, a young crack cocaine dealer in London, sees his life quickly spiral out of control when his best friend returns home. Stalked by a customer desperate to score at all costs, and with his family about to turn their back on him for good, Shifty must out-run and out-smart a rival drug dealer, intent on setting him up for a big fall. As his long time friend Chris, confronts the dark past he left behind him, Shifty is forced to face up to the violent future he's hurtling towards.

Good solid British movie. Daniel Mays plays another great part. He seems to be great in everything Ive seen him in. 8/10

Edited by MattBairn

The Girl Who Played With Fire

First sequel to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Well acted and nicely shot but, much like the first one, I started to lose interest as it got nearer the end. They're not bad films but I think the whole plot is better suited to a quality mini series on the TV. I'll go and see the third one when it comes out anyway.

6/10

Death At A Funeral

Highly enjoyable remake of the british version of a couple of years back. Chris Rock and Martin Lawrence star as brothers on the day of their dads funeral who are trying to make things go as smoothly as possible. For this to happen, they would have to deal with their cousins boyfriend who accidently pops acid thinking its valium and therefore trips throughout the whole movie, their fathers secret lover who is a midget white guy and their grumpy uncle (played brilliantly by Danny Glover). Some of the scenes were of laugh out loud quality. Not sure if its me but black people always seem that much funnier, due to their expressions and mannerisms

8.5/10

Have got to disagree, i thought it was one of the worst films I've ever seen!

The last Airbender 3D

7.5/10

I didn't like the ending at all, just a to be continued type ending, great special effects in 3D but there was still something missing in it, so many mass fight scenes but not many deaths, just guys getting tossed about the place.

Will still see the next movie but for an action/fighting film there needs to be less tai chi and more bloodshed.

I'm not a keen movie buff (usually just German and Swedish films), but I watched Inglorious Basterds last night.

I enjoyed it a lot. Just wish the ending had been true to life at the cinema massacre.

Youth in Revolt ( 2009 )

What an over-rated heap of shit this is. From the trying too hard to be cool credits to the unlikeable characters all over the place to the disturbing lack of comedy for a comedy, this is pretty much the worst thing Michael Cera has put his name on.

2/10

Scott Pilgrim versus the World

Brilliant, everyone should see it.

I'm with everyone else who said this...this film is brilliant! Its the first time that I've seriously considered going back to the cinema for a second viewing, because it really was that good. Quirky, different, fun, colourful, doesn't take itself too seriously. I think I'm in love with a film.

Bottle Shock (2008)

A decent movie that could have been done so much better. The script is a bit weak and focused too much on the docu-soap-drama of the Barret family rather than what should have been the main focus which would be the discovery of California wine by the taster.

Of course the fact that the taster was played by Alan Rickman means that every scene he was involved in was great....there is no finer actor than Rickman.

7/10

Rented out Four Lions tonight and have to agree with everybody on here that it is absolutely stunning!

So many quotable lines and it's quite touching at times as well (at times I was actually rooting for them to martyr themselves :ph34r: )

The last 30 minutes had me near collapsing in laughter, just so ridiculous but brilliant! :lol:

Went back a few years and watched Stand By Me for the first time in years. That really is a tender film, beautifully paced.

Awesome film. Brilliantly told and acted. Makes you laugh and want to cry as well.

Sick balls chopper laugh.gif

Rented out Four Lions tonight and have to agree with everybody on here that it is absolutely stunning!

So many quotable lines and it's quite touching at times as well (at times I was actually rooting for them to martyr themselves :ph34r: )

The last 30 minutes had me near collapsing in laughter, just so ridiculous but brilliant! :lol:

I watched this tonight as well, and everyone is right, it is a tremendous film, properly funny! :lol: