What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Last film a watched was The Box, with cameron diaz, james marsden & frank langella as the wonderful arlington steward.

Very thought provoking, enjoyed it.

Defenitely worth a watch.

Borrowed it from a mate, put it on late last night in bed, total darkness which gave it a nice sinister edge.

Don't push the button!!!

The Last Airbender 3D

Utter shite. Nearly fell asleep twice. Acting was really poor and although the special effects were decent, they couldnt save this from being a poor film

3/10

The Expendables

Terrific 80s throwback to the cheesy action flicks of that decade. Expected everything to get blown up and i wasnt dissappointed. The only downside with having so many stars in it is that they dont always get too many scenes or lines. Still an enjoyable film tho

8/10

The Book Of Eli

Found it a bit slow to begin with but had me glued by the end. The twist at the end wasnt a big wtf for me as some arsehole had let slip the thing when it was on at the pics so i knew what to look for. Spoilt it a bit but still liked it

8/10

Red Scorpion

They shouldve just called this Russian Rambo. Big Dolph plays a russian special forces agent with the task of assassinating an african rebel. Cue him to witness the carnage that the ruskies have caused in africa and him to swap sides and kill his former comrades. Every action cliche thrown in for good measure as well

5/10

Were to the drive-inn double bill Saturday night

Switch - 2/10

Usually I can handle these type of chick flicks but this was just a p1sh storyline with sh1t characters - wasn't was funny, wasn't cheezy even the Mrs wasn't too impressed

The Expendables 7/10

Thats more like it - a lot of mindless violence and gore to make up for the Jennifer Anniston eye gouging

Pretty much does what it says on the tin

Knight & Day 7/10

I really enjoyed this nothing to complex about the storyline - kinda like M:I meet Charlie Angels

Body of Lies - 8/10

Di caprio seems to be the man of the moment, really went up in my estimate over the years, he was shit hot in blood diamond

Loved it. Di Caprio is terrific as the on-the-ground agent growing increasingly frustrated at interference from Russell Crowe back in America. Really suspenseful.

Mark Strong is also great in it, don't think i've seen him give a bad performance.

Last film a watched was The Box, with cameron diaz, james marsden & frank langella as the wonderful arlington steward.

Very thought provoking, enjoyed it.

Defenitely worth a watch.

Borrowed it from a mate, put it on late last night in bed, total darkness which gave it a nice sinister edge.

Don't push the button!!!

I had the misfortune of seeing this actually........drivel.

The Runaways

The story of Joan Jett and The Runways starring her from Twilight and Maebe from Arrested Development (who's barely got a role). Garbage, no story or script. Just tiresome rock biopic cliches.

1/10

I finally got my copy of The Machinist today. After months looking for it, I finally bit the bullet and got it from Amazom. Hopefully my copy of Summer Of Sam will arrive tomorrow.

Amyway, last movie I watched was The Boys From Brazil. I saw it years ago and thought it was grerat back then. Man, was I disappointed when I watched it the other night. It's not very good at all. The leading actors (Peck, Geilguid and James Mason) phoned their performances in.

4/10

Let The Right One In

I didn't know too much about this before I watched it but there's a couple of Swedes in my office who told me about it. It's absolutely fantastic. The rough story is...Young boy has no friends and is bullied at school, meets young girl who turns out to be a vampire. They become friends and eventually form a kind of awkward childish romance. They help each other overcome their lonliness and problems in their lifes.

The main focus of the film is the relationship between the two children with the supernatural element and the other things that happen taking more of a back seat. The two young actors are fantastic. There's some very disturbing elements to it which are mostly hinted at rather than shoved in your face and the twist which slowly unfurls througout the film is brilliant and really nice, although I'm guessing a lot of people won't get it 100% on the first watch. I suspected but wasn't sure at all.

It's based on a Swedish book and the rights to an English language version were bought up before the theatrical release of the Swedish version. I'm defintely going to read the book and will probably try to catch the American version but I'd advise anyone who might want to watch this to watch the Swedish version first as I can't see the American one being as good.

Excellent film, the best I've seen in a long time.

10/10

Suspiria ( 1977 )

So this is supposed to be some sort of technically gifted movie. There's certainly lots of atmosphere and weirdness to it. That doesn't mean that it isn't shit though. I suppose I'm willing to give credit for the way it looks at times. The plot is absolutely terrible though and I just found myself thinking "oh f**k off !" at times. There was a couple of moments where there was nice wee twists, but the good points are outweighed by the bad.

3/10