What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I think it's a great film. I don't agree that the quoted line was unintentionally funny though as black humour runs through the whole thing. The premise of the virus being spread through language and the characters being trapped in a talk radio station sees to that. Stephen McHattie is brilliant in it.

Yeah, thinking about it the look McHattie gives the doctor when she says it seems to say "you just heard that as well, right?".

Apparently filming the sequel

Schindlers List

10/10

Simply oustanding.

"There are fewer than 4000 Jews left alive in Poland today. There are more than 6000 descendants of the Schindler Jews"

That just tells you everything.

Edited by Sooky

Pontypool ( 2008 )

"My god ! That was impressive !"

That quote summed up the movie big time. Frightening stuff at times. The calls from the field reporter were horrible listening. I think the movie fails when it realises that it has to go somewhere at some point. They can't just stick with the guys in the studio, and after the stuff with the collegue ends, it's all downhill. The hour that comes before that is riveting though, and enough to warrant a fairly high rating on it's own.

8/10

Pontypool ( 2008 )

"My god ! That was impressive !"

That quote summed up the movie big time. Frightening stuff at times. The calls from the field reporter were horrible listening. I think the movie fails when it realises that it has to go somewhere at some point. They can't just stick with the guys in the studio, and after the stuff with the collegue ends, it's all downhill. The hour that comes before that is riveting though, and enough to warrant a fairly high rating on it's own.

8/10

The interview with the "baby" was horrible!

Inception (2010)

A couple of minor plot holes, but none that majorly affected the film. Cillian Murphy and the younger Solomon boy are quite brilliant in this.

Definitely my second favourite film of 2010, behind My Name Is Khan.

Go and see it.

Anyone who says it was confusing probably finds it hard to tie their own shoe laces tbh.

EDIT: Forgot score - 9/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Star Trek - 76% Not a Star Trek fan but I thought this was really good. Graphics brilliant, perfect length, accuarcy (from what I know) and good balance.

It's based on a true story, you wouldn't know it... ;)

This is some Mark Kermode style film reviewing coming up, brace yourselves.

Inception

Fucking quality.

9/10

The Lovely Bones

Didn't even want to watch it in the first place, and it was absolutely balls. Worst film going. Peter Jackson is fucking shite.

2/10

Tekken (2010)

A film based on a computer, well they rarely work... this was no exception to the rule. Director Dwight Little has an eclectic taste in films, making some good ones like Rapid Fire and Halloween 4... and some utter shite like Anaconda 2 and Free Willy 2... so this could gone either way!

And it did, in fact it went both ways... it was totally watchable, despite the best known person in it being Luke Goss (of Bros infamy), however it had some of the most ridiculous plotholes you will ever see in a film.

Where was Jin's semi final, what happened to the twins, why did Heihachi despite being an expert fighter just accept death, why does Luke Goss keep getting work? "When Will I Be Famous?", never Luke, never, now go away!

Action films, really Luke?

200px-LukeGoss.jpg

This picture makes me question, this... to Hollywood hard man, despite being in his 40s!

5/10 - passed the time, but they really shouldn't have bothered!

Watching it right now but ive seen it before,

Inside Man (2006)

A classic film, Clive Owens best film, not his best character (I loved smith from shoot-em-up) But unquestionably his best film to date. Denzel is his usual good self, but its owen who steals the show as the genius bank robber, great ensemble cast, tho i still think Jodie Fosters role could have been better, and casting her was a waste of money. Shes okay dont get me wrong, but her character doesnt get enough screen time to warrant hiring such a acclaimed actress.

I hear the second one isnt getting made anymore, im glad cause i dont think they could top it

10/10

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Watching it right now but ive seen it before,

Inside Man (2006)

A classic film, Clive Owens best film, not his best character (I loved smith from shoot-em-up) But unquestionably his best film to date. Denzel is his usual good self, but its owen who steals the show as the genius bank robber, great ensemble cast, tho i still think Jodie Fosters role could have been better, and casting her was a waste of money. Shes okay dont get me wrong, but her character doesnt get enough screen time to warrant hiring such a acclaimed actress.

I hear the second one isnt getting made anymore, im glad cause i dont think they could top it

10/10

Really? Okay, I was pished on a train, and hate Jodie Foster, but I gave it 4/10 despite Denzel being great as always!

The Thin Red Line 69%

A decent war film. Quite a diverse set of actors involved all portraying different views to the war, along with the conflict of their issues as well as the battle.

Momento 87%

Yes, Yes and Yes. Loved this, with the merging of two plots one forawrds and one in reverse beautifully put together, the reserve one in particular. Would recommend this to anyone.

The Thin Red Line 69%

A decent war film. Quite a diverse set of actors involved all portraying different views to the war, along with the conflict of their issues as well as the battle.

Momento 87%

Yes, Yes and Yes. Loved this, with the merging of two plots one forawrds and one in reverse beautifully put together, the reserve one in particular. Would recommend this to anyone.