What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Scarface (1983)

I'm always worried when I watch a film and I've seen it described as a classic... this had the potential to be though, so watched it.

Started off so well, first hour it sitting at about a 9/10...

Then tedium kicked in, the next 90 minutes was dull as f**k, nothing of note happened. Montana just became a boring wee junkie, as did his wife, it ended up being like a Pete Docherty/Amy Winehouse documentary.

Then the end scene happened which saved it from the doom and despair of the hour and a half I spent fighting sleep...

7/10 - this has not aged well, and it's not that old!

There Will Be Blood

Brilliant characterisation of Lewis's character but as a film? There wasn't much of a plot.

Different though, and it's definitely a film that will not be to everyone's taste. Most will find it 'boring' if they are just casual viewers but if they like to see an unraveling of a character, then there is nothing finer than this film.

8/10

Heat

Pacino & De Niro? What else would you expect but a 10/10? Granted, their latest collaboration of Righteous Kill wasn't the greatest but it was still decent. This film, however, is excellently directed, has an excellent score and is truly a wonderful film. The only slight I have against this film is the ending. Neil should have got away IMO. So for that reason, which is purely subjective, I can't give it the aforementioned 10/10 and must give it a 9/10.

Exhibit A - I was in a bit of a rush in Blockbuster last night and pretty much grabbed the first movie I could as I was nearly exploding for a p1ss. I picked up this film and when I put it on when I got home I was quite angry at it. It is all shot through a video camera of a young girl.Basically the story is of a family planning a move to their dream home at the seaside. However, complications occur and the film of the girls reveals how badly things have got. It didn't take too long for me to get over it being shaky 'Blair Witch' style camera work.

Its quite obvious what's going to happen at the end and you really don't want it to.

I advise anyone who doesn't mind independant films to give this one a shot. The father character is fantastic in this film.

8/10 for me.

Took the wee man to see Toy Story 3 yesterday - his first proper trip to the cinema and since Buzz Lightyear goes pretty much everywhere with us it was a safe bet. He absolutely loved it. He was completely engrossed and no wonder. Funny, sad, dark and utterly moving from start to finish. I was doing well until

Buzz took Jessie's hand as they were heading for the furnace

and the floodgates just opened! Loved it 10/10

The Karate Kid

Hopes weren't high. Ended up pleasantly surprised although Jackie Chan definitely helped matters. Some unexpectedly funny parts as well.

7/10

Vice Versa

Classic 80s fare. Haven't seen this since I was about 10. Pretty daft although hard not to like.

6/10

Crank

Possibly the most ridiculous film I've ever seen. Not anywhere as bad as I thought it would be and knowingly took the piss out of itself.

6/10

Blood Diamond

First film ive watched in a while but i loved it. Thoroughly enjoyable and Di Caprio was good as ever. A wee tear was in my eye at the end...

79%

Butterfly on a Wheel

Dont particularly like Gerard Butler which ruined the film a bit for me. Was a decent watch though with a few twists and turns along the way.

62%

This is england.

One of the best films i've seen. Stephen graham was absolutly amazing in it (as was the little boy), i dunno why stephen is not so well known8):rolleyes:

Edited by jojo

Cats And Dogs - 3/10

Gutted that this wasn't good, as I actually wanted to see it (yes, I am just a big kid!), there's some funny bits in it, most coming from the pigeon, so if the pigeon wasn't in it, it would only get a 1/10.

This is england.

One of the best films i've seen. Stephen graham was absolutly amazing in it (as was the little boy), i dunno why stephen is not so well known8)rolleyes.gif

He's getting better known now, he was in Public Enemies last year which was quite a big film. He's also in a new HBO drama later this year called Boardwalk Empire with Steve Buscemi in it, it's from the same writer that did The Sopranos and with Scorsese directing it. Looks pretty darn good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB3z0HmVeW0

here we are!

The fourth kind- 8/10

good film, but fucking shit scary. I am absolutely bricking it atm.

The Karate Kid- 9/10

a really good film and I really enjoyed it!! A must see tbh :)

knight and day - 7/10

Better than expected tbh. Quite funny all the way through, but it wouldn't bust the gut to see it if you haven't, wait til DVD.

A-Team- 8/10

really good and quite funny in bits :) worth a watch ::D

Edited by Throwie 1877

Dude, Where's my car? 68%

It is just so bad, that it's good.

The International 56%

I didnt really know how to take the ending, even though I thought this wasnt too bad a film. Clive Owen certainly carried the film well as the shat-on protagonist. It would have probably have been shite had it been anyone else in the role.

Pontypool - 7/10

Interesting take on the zombie genre, the whole film is set inside a radio station. The reports that the DJ gets from civilians witnessing the outbreak are genuinely disturbing, as is the "zombies" repeated chanting of anything the un-infected say.

Quite slow in parts, but worth sticking with. Also an unintentionally amusing line from the female lead, "Loney was a paedophile. Well, not actually a paedophile, but we just didn't let the kids anywhere near him."

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead - 8/10

Hadn't heard of this before i picked it up in Fopp, and i'm so glad i did. Two brothers having financial trouble plan to rob their parents jewellery store, the insurance will take care of the parents, and nobody loses out. Only everything that can go wrong does, mainly thanks to Ethan Hawke's incompetence.

Philip Seymour Hoffman is his usual brilliant self, and Ethan Hawke impresses as a total loser. Marisa Tomei also gets her baps out a few times, and they're wonderful.

Pontypool - 7/10

Interesting take on the zombie genre, the whole film is set inside a radio station. The reports that the DJ gets from civilians witnessing the outbreak are genuinely disturbing, as is the "zombies" repeated chanting of anything the un-infected say.

Quite slow in parts, but worth sticking with. Also an unintentionally amusing line from the female lead, "Loney was a paedophile. Well, not actually a paedophile, but we just didn't let the kids anywhere near him."

I think it's a great film. I don't agree that the quoted line was unintentionally funny though as black humour runs through the whole thing. The premise of the virus being spread through language and the characters being trapped in a talk radio station sees to that. Stephen McHattie is brilliant in it.