What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Dear John - 3/10.

Went to the football on Saturday with the mooses so to appease her I agreed to go to watch this film with her on Sunday night.

Its pretty much how I expected it to be & the 'twists' were all easily guessable early in the film. She's into all these sorts of movies and didn't rate this one either so that may be an indication of how it was.

My turn to pick the next film we go & see so she's having a bit of A Nightmare on Elm Street when its out (next week I think) as punishment for this.

Edited by Nick_BCFC

Things to do in Denver When You're Dead - 7/10

A terrific cast make this a good watch, with Steve Buscemi making a great cameo. My favourite scene is when Jimmy is trying to persuade Pieces to take the trip to Rome, but Pieces has already accepted what will happen to him. Quite moving.

Andy Garcia is a very handsome man.

Things to do in Denver When You're Dead - 7/10

A terrific cast make this a good watch, with Steve Buscemi making a great cameo. My favourite scene is when Jimmy is trying to persuade Pieces to take the trip to Rome, but Pieces has already accepted what will happen to him. Quite moving.

Andy Garcia is a very handsome man.

Great film! Have'nt seen it in years though, might try getting hold of it on DVD.

Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 - 7/10

I love the Chipmunks, and this one involves Dave (who I hate) getting electrocuted, smashed into some lighting off a stage and thrown down stairs. Could only give it a good mark after the stage thing (first ten minutes), even though the story is pretty weak and it has Wendie Malick (Nina van Horn from Just Shoot Me) in it who has a really annoying voice!

SS Experiment Camp 2/10

Nazi's perform strange experiments on prisoners including a successful bawsack transplant! Loads of muff and titties which merited 1 point and another point for the "what have you done with my balls?" line.

Damien: Omen II (1978)

Decent, but not anywhere near as good as the original. William Holden has nowhere near the charisma of Gregory Peck, and you just can't care about anything he says.

Why they didn't just age Damien slightly (given 2 years between films) instead of raising him from a 5 year old child to a 13 year old, who has done nothing evil in 8 years... it makes no logical sense!

Watchable, and amusing at times, so bonus mark for the ridiculous ice scene.

6/10

The Final Conflict (1981)

Normally if the second part has dipped it either makes a good return or dips to depths of hell, thankfully this one recovered slightly.

I normally can't stand Sam Neill, but to be honest the son of Satan really was a role he was born to play. He fitted the part perfectly, and despite a black guy from Holby City playing a priest called Brother Paulo, which made me laugh, everything worked out pretty well.

The story was nowhere near as compelling as the first one, but used the Bible and a bit of theoretical science in pretty good synergy.

7/10

Crank 2 high voltage - 5/10

The 5 is generous because i was in the mood for a no thought film, and i got that. There is more holes in the plot than OJ simpsons sworn testimony. Really if your pissed or stoned good fun, just dont expect much.

The damned United 9/10

Was a bit worried about Micheal Sheen not pulling off Clough after Frost and Blair, but my god that gut is the mr morph. Really very surprised and a quick hour and a bit passed, actually wanted it to go into the Forest days but it ended. :( A good film always leaves you wanting more and this did. Mr Sheen i salute you who ever the fusk you have morphed into now.

Adventureland - 2/10

Utter shite, only saw the whole thing cause the girl friend liked it. The only thing good about it is the atempt at a decent sound track, which still could have been better.

I thought this was a decent enough film and it passed the time without me having any complaints about it, at times it even made me chuckle. A well told story that dont the job I'd say. It fit right into the new sort of teen love story comedy films.

The Lovely Bones ( 2009 )

What an up-it's-arse piece of shit this movie is. Seems that Peter Jackson was more interested in making the movie look good, rather than making the actual movie good. The performances were crap for the most part too. Susan Sarandon and Stanley Tucci are the only good point from that side of things. I'm willing to give points for the looks because at least Peter Jackson was able to succeed in doing that part right.

3/10

Edited by DomDom