What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Collateral - 7/10

Intriguing film with Tom Cruise as a hitman who has taxi driver Jamie Foxx drive him around one night while he makes his hits.

This is probably my favourite Cruise performance. Totally away from his normal stuff but it works.

Rumble Fish - 7/10

Despite the at times cheesy dialogue, this is a captivating film. Mickey Rourke really stands out as Matt Dillon's "living legend" brother.

A beautiful looking film.

Bought (REC) the other day so going to sit down and watch it tonight, wasn't aware it was in Spanish with English subtitles, anyone have any opinions on this movie? Is it still decent although in subtitles?

It's brilliant, subtitles don't bother me at all in films and nowadays most of the ones I buy are French or Asain horrors. If you cann't be bothered with subtitles then get the remake Quarantine but it's not quite as good.

Bought (REC) the other day so going to sit down and watch it tonight, wasn't aware it was in Spanish with English subtitles, anyone have any opinions on this movie? Is it still decent although in subtitles?

I was sceptical at first too but after about 10 minutes your brain adjusts and you basically forget about them but still take them in, if that makes sense. Cracking film.

(REC) 7/10

Pretty decent movie, wouldve been better if it was in English without the subtitles because I wasnt a huge fan of that, but was a good movie overall, but towards the end when the boy puts the camera up the trap door and does the 360 nearly had my GF jumping out the window :lol:

(REC) 7/10

Pretty decent movie, wouldve been better if it was in English without the subtitles because I wasnt a huge fan of that, but was a good movie overall, but towards the end when the boy puts the camera up the trap door and does the 360 nearly had my GF jumping out the window :lol:

Watch Quarantine then, it's the US remake, but I didn't mark it down as it was almost exactly the same.

Doesn't have quite the same 'scare' factor, but doesn't have the really irritating Manuela Velasco who my Spanish friends (who she's known to from the Spanish TV series La chica de ayer, based on UK series Life on Mars) say is hot, but I really can't see it... she looks too much like a mouse!

Watch Quarantine then, it's the US remake, but I didn't mark it down as it was almost exactly the same.

Doesn't have quite the same 'scare' factor, but doesn't have the really irritating Manuela Velasco who my Spanish friends (who she's known to from the Spanish TV series La chica de ayer, based on UK series Life on Mars) say is hot, but I really can't see it... she looks too much like a mouse!

Yeah I might try that one out now. True she certainly isnt hot and agreed on the mouse shout :lol:

Space Cowboys (2000)

Just a good old feel good movie about people reliving their youthful dreams, entirely predictable but in the correct way.

In the way that old people tend to stick within their comfort zone, so it just seems perfectly apt, or maybe I'm just putting thoughts into people's heads that weren't really there, but that's what we should aim to do each and every day anyway.

It wasn't ever going to be a classic, but because of the marvellous cast it couldn't be anything lower than a good old 7/10 :)

Watched a few classics over the last couple of days.

Henry - Portrait of a Serial Killer. 8/10 - Some brilliant acting and direction. Very violent, but didn't glorify it at all. Gritty movie with a brilliant ending.

Omen III - The Final Conflict. 3/10 - Poor. A couple of fairly interesting death scenes, but disappointing in comparison to the rest of the series. No need for this film.

The Lost Boys. 9/10 - An all-time favourite of mine. Quotable to the last, and some excellent set-pieces. DEATH BY STEREO!

Invasion of the Body Snatchers. 8/10 - The 1956 original. Quality melodrama, and some properly tense moments. Owes a lot to Hitchcock.

Crazy Heart (2009) - Jeff Bridges plays a faded Country Singer, who's boozing and playing Gigs around America to make ends meet. He meets a Girl, falls in love and the story swings around his drinking, the long-distance relationship and going back home to Texas.

Really enjoyable film and very similar to 'the Wrestler' from last year. Interesting to hear Bridges sing too, which he does quite a bit in the soundtrack and the film.

Hope he gets the Oscar for this. 8/10

Up in the Air (2009) - Clooney plays a Unemployment Counsellor who flies around the US firing people for Companies, enjoys the highlife, brief encouters with Women and forgetting his lonely-single and broken down relationship with his sisters in Omaha. A motivational speaker on the side and doesn't believe in Love or Marriage.A new graduate joins the Company and comes up with a money saving idea of how to cut costs and air miles, expenses.

The ending was quite good and original. The film as well, nothing spectacular, but a decent flick and has something for the lost guy, or the girlfriend wanting a chic-flic(ish). 7/10

the Condemned 7/10

Wasn't bad, just a lot of action and fighting was really all I was expecting

Surveillance 3/10

The F.B.I Agent completely irritated from the 1st minute to the last. Very frustrating and not very enjoyable. The only marks it earns are for the female F.B.I Agent, and a decent enough twist to keep me guessing. Acting was to a laughable standard.

Rear Window - Another Hitchcock classic that does drag on a bit but its all about the suspense when it comes to Hitchcock. Basically a guy in a wheelchair spies on his neighbours and the daily happenings of their lives until noticing the guy across the street is becoming more and more suspicious.

8/10

While She Was Out - Do yourself a favour and never watch this movie. A woman being chased about the woods by four youths. I'd explain more but it was so shit i'd be wasting my time. Its already taken 90 minutes or so from me that i'll never get back. 1/10.

the Condemned 7/10

Wasn't bad, just a lot of action and fighting was really all I was expecting

It got absolutely panned, but I thought it delivered exactly what anyone that chose to watch it was expecting... a film with Steve Austin was never going to win the Best Film award at the academy awards, but it was a mindless good fun wee film!

The Hurt Locker

I finally caught it in the cinema today, though I think it's out on DVD now anyway. Had heard nothing but good about this film and it deserved the praise. While a film about a bomb disposal unit is always likely to be exciting, it's more of a study of people in circumstance than the politics behind the Iraq war and works very well for it. I could sit and watch it again right now.

I'm always a bit dubious about giving really high scores so was thinking of an 8 but it probably merits a

9/10