What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Shutter

Decent film and interesting plot but it was too close to films that have been done like 'The Ring' and 'The Eye'.

6/10

Thought it was as meh as The Eye, and not even close to the Ring (which I loved as it was a newish concept to me at the time, haven't seen Ringu yet).

4/10

Scrooge (1951)

Definitely the truest, and most true to the tale, version of A Christmas Carol ever made.

Truly wonderful, and the late Alastair Sim was magnificent as Ebenezer Scrooge.

Thanks to Half A Person for telling me about this film, and God bless us every one!

Flawless. :)

10/10

The KnightswoodBear household shall be continuing our tradition of watching that tomorrow morning.

HUMBUG! :D

The Last King Of Scotland

This film had rave reveiws, bought it on DVD recently (was in the bargin basement at Morrisons) Watched it a couple of nights back, very hard to follow but thourougly enjoyed it.

7/10

In what way was the film "hard to follow"?

I thought it was pretty linear and very easy to immerse yourserlf in.

I just watched Caddyshack which came out almost a decade before I was born...

My general view is... :blink: what on earth was that?!

My dad said it was a quality film and although it really did have seem weird & wonderful characters and storyline I did really enjoy it.

The assistant greenkeeper was hilarious :lol:

8/10.

Watched Notorious last night. Decent enough, nothing really special in all honesty. The lassie that played his mum was pretty good, as was the girl that played Lil Kim. Not as outstanding as what friends had said to me about it, but earns a:

6/10

Edit: I also watched Gilda yesterday morning. Not a huge fan of black and white movies but I thought it was expertly written with had a good array of characters. That Rita Hayworth was a right looker.

8/10

Edited by GypsyTillIDie

I picked up the 4 Batman 1989 - 1997 films boxset for £10 from Tesco, so far I have watched the 2 Tim Burton films.

Batman - 8/10

Really enjoyed this, especially Jack Nicholson as The Joker and Kim Basinger looking lovely.

Batman Returns - 7/10

Not quite as good as the first one but still really enjoyable, The Penguin is creepy as hell and bonus points for Michelle Pfeiffer in a leather catsuit.

Sadly I still have Batman Forever and Batman & Robin to watch, I know not to expect much from these 2 films!

La vita e bella (Life is beautiful) - 10/10

One of my favorite films of all time and my favorite foreign film. A laugh out loud funny film played out over the horrors of the second world war and the holocaust.

This multi oscar winning masterpiece has to be seen by true film fans, brilliant.

Was looking through Sky Player on the 360 for a film to watch the other night, and decided to watch 'The Firm'. Been years since I last seen it, and it's as decent as I remember it. Good wee thriller, and Cruise plays his part reasonably well, although is upstaged by Hackman, even if the Genester is on auto pilot for much of it.

7/10

In what way was the film "hard to follow"?

I thought it was pretty linear and very easy to immerse yourserlf in.

I agree - its a great film too. One of my favourites. Gutted my flatmate has taken the dvd of it away over Xmas now :lol:

La vita e bella (Life is beautiful) - 10/10

One of my favorite films of all time and my favorite foreign film. A laugh out loud funny film played out over the horrors of the second world war and the holocaust.

This multi oscar winning masterpiece has to be seen by true film fans, brilliant.

Great film. Caught it by accident a while ago about 2 in the morning on Channel 4. Like you say, parts are actually very funny despite the situation the characters are in. I had a wee greet too. :(

Anyway...

Bronson - 7/10

Pretty enjoyable for the most part. Tom Hardy is excellent, really looks the part too. Violent, funny (the scene he offers the rottweiler a square-go in particular) and the film never drags. Hardy even makes Bronson quite likeable.

I've read some people though saying they felt sympathy for him while watching it. I really didn't. He was a horrible c*nt, who was violent only to make a name for himself.

Worth a watch though.