What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Paranormal Activity (2007)

I will say this to start with, it was made in 2007 and is just being released now, that should tell you enough.

The reactions of Americans in the trailer to this film is ridiculous, there is not ONE thing that would remotely even make an adult (I'd even go as far as saying secondary school kid) jump.

The ending is just stupid and pointless, it was down to Steven Spielberg's intervention - that says it all!

I can honestly say that this was one of the worst films I have ever seen.

1/10

Mrs Doubtfire - just watched it for a bit of banter as there was nothing else on. Seen it plenty of times before but you can't help yourself not to laugh at bits. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I quite like it. There are a few good one-liners in it that make you lol. A thoroughly enjoyable film.

8/10

Just finished watching, 'How to Lose Friends and Influence People', and it was pretty typical of a Simon Pegg movie. He's exactly the same character in every film, a bit like Hugh Grant was in the 90s, although Pegg is admittedly slightly funnier. This time around, he co-starred with his American female equivalent, Kirsten Dunst, who is also the exact same in nearly every film she's in.

I managed to watch it through to the end, and there was a couple of chuckle moments, but overall it was a pretty dull, predictable movie. A bit, meh.

6/10 (and two of those marks are for Megan Fox)

We Own The Night.

Eva Mendes and Joaquin Phoenix, plot line didnt look too great but with some big named actors i thought it was worth a watch. I expected a few more twists and turns in this film but they never appeared. Not a bad film but not a great one either.

7/10, same as a previous poster, couple of extra marks for Eva Mendes. The opening scene involving her is rather interesting.

In Bruges

Really didnt enjoy it. It was far too slow and nothing seemed to happen. I couldnt wait on it finishing.

3/10

Saw IV

First time ive watched it since i went to the cinema and its not a bad watch. Offers a bit of background into Jigsaw and definitely clears a few things up.

7/10

In Bruges

Really didnt enjoy it. It was far too slow and nothing seemed to happen. I couldnt wait on it finishing.

3/10

Saw IV

First time ive watched it since i went to the cinema and its not a bad watch. Offers a bit of background into Jigsaw and definitely clears a few things up.

7/10

i thought it was decent.

the bit were farrell was slating the fat americans was class

Surrogates ( 2009 )

Not a horrible movie, but it doesn't quite get into the realm of being good or even passable. There is just so much bullshit on offer here. Unless you're a fan of watching Bruce Willis do some non-acting while sporting a really pathetic haircut, you're not going to get much out of this. Willis is actually not bad when he's not in his "Surrogate" role. The plot is just a crock of shit which is a shame because there's a good concept there, and it's well carried out at times, but not enough for me to go even to thumbs in the middle. Thumbs leaning slightly down instead.

4/10

Paranormal Activity - Home made viewing of a couple being haunted in their house by some sort of ghoul. Not as shakey camera work as Blair Witch or owt. I did quite enjoy the movie actually. 7/10.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993)

Hilarious film filled with great Scottish stereotypes, Myers is hilarious as the faither!

Stuart Mackenzie: Look at the size of that boy's heed.

Tony Giardino: Shhh!

Stuart Mackenzie: I'm not kidding, it's like an orange on a toothpick.

Tony Giardino: Shhh, you're going to give the boy a complex.

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, that's a huge noggin. That's a virtual planetoid.

Tony Giardino: Shh!

Stuart Mackenzie: Has it's own weather system.

Tony Giardino: Sh, sh, shh.

Stuart Mackenzie: HEAD! MOVE!

Genius! :lol:

A positive who's who of American 90s comedy! Nancy Travis (Chris in Becker), Anthony LaPaglia (Daphne's brother Simon in Frasier), Phil Hartman (Saturday Night Live, Troy McClure in The Simpsons), Mike Hagerty (Treager in Friends), Michael Richards (Kramer in Seinfeld) and Greg Germann (Fish in Ally McBeal)!

8/10

So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993)

Hilarious film filled with great Scottish stereotypes, Myers is hilarious as the faither!

Stuart Mackenzie: Look at the size of that boy's heed.

Tony Giardino: Shhh!

Stuart Mackenzie: I'm not kidding, it's like an orange on a toothpick.

Tony Giardino: Shhh, you're going to give the boy a complex.

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, that's a huge noggin. That's a virtual planetoid.

Tony Giardino: Shh!

Stuart Mackenzie: Has it's own weather system.

Tony Giardino: Sh, sh, shh.

Stuart Mackenzie: HEAD! MOVE!

That bit really is tremendous.

"That was a bit offside, wasn't it. He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight on his huge pilla!"

Great film.

Watched a couple today;

Hard Candy - 8/10

Sweet Jesus! The first film to have genuinely made me boak. Anyone who's seen it will know the scene i'm talking about. *shudders*

It was a really powerful film that i really enjoyed. The aforementioned scene, although brutal, doesn't seem out of place given how Hayley had been acting. Ellen Page is superb.

Drag Me to Hell - 6/10

It's good fun, but maybe i was expecting too much from the horror side of it, and it didn't live up to the hype i had heard from some. A few jumpy bits, but that was it.

The fight in the parking lot is priceless though.

In Bruges

3/10

Saw IV

7/10

I loved it! Found it hilarious.

The Tournament

30 assassins who battle it out to the death for a prize of 10million dollars (i think it was 10million) and the title of the best hitman in the world. Robert Carlyle is a drunken priest who gets caught in the action.

not bad.....some decent scenes...

was going to say 6/10 but because Ving Rhames is in it...7/10

Based on some short film

decent as well i'de say, some very very good animation. 6/10

5 Dollars A Day

pish. fell asleep watching it,

1/10

You not like that one then!?

It was absolute mince, see my review of it on the previous page.

I'd go as far as to say it was worst film I've seen from 2007, and given Freakshow, Awaken the Dead, AVP2, Dead Mary, I Know Who Killed Me, Bloodrayne 2, Beowulf, Black Water, Shrooms, Spiderman 3, The Invasion, The Number 23 and Wrong Turn 2 were made that year, it's really saying a lot!

Is Harry on the boat? 9/10

Decentish story, pretty funny, good characters, some brilliant tunes. If you like Kevin and Perry Go Large then I'd imagine you'll like this.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=68X7U7O9

Oh by the way I also watched Its All Gone Pete Tong the other night. I'd give that 1/10.

Edited by Lambies_Apprentice