What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

District 9

I really like this film, especially the accents. Quite interesting to see the whole movie stereotype that aliens will come down to invade and kill us flipped, so that we wind up being the bad guys (kinda). Plus the weapons were extremely cool and it was pretty funny in bits too. The bit with him eating the cat food was a bit rank though. Overall I would give it 8/10.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This year so far has been terrible for films that I've seen, and District 9 was only beaten by S. Darko in the crap stakes.

When the film list of the year reads like this,...

Friday the 13th

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

The Boat That Rocked

My Bloody Valentine

The Haunting in Connecticut

Halloween II

District 9

S. Darko [V]

...you know it's been a bad year!

Edited by SaltyTON

I bet he wasn't as cool as The Demon Headmaster.

I watched Glengarry Glen Ross again last night. I still love the dialogue in this baby, but I'm beginning to enjoy the Ed Harris/Alan Arkin exchanges even more with each viewing, especially the scenes when they're "talking/speaking" about the robbery. The desperation of Jack Lemmon is superb too. I'm wondering whether to add a point and give this the full whammy. I'll need to have a think, but for now I'll stick with the same score as before.

9/10

Did you go see the stage version at Greenock Arts Guild a few weeks ago?

It was really enjoyable and the actor playing Ricky Roma was a dead-ringer for Al Pacino.

Open Season 2 (2008) (V)

A pretty cheap straight to video sequel, with Martin Lawrence and Ashton Kutcher being replaced by nobodies. The animation went downhill, but luckily this was saved from total disaster by Billy Connolly who remained from the first film along with Ally McBeal's Jane Krakowski

5/10

Did you go see the stage version at Greenock Arts Guild a few weeks ago?

It was really enjoyable and the actor playing Ricky Roma was a dead-ringer for Al Pacino.

I didn't even know it was fucking on. :o That will be right. That would have been an awesome night out.

Have to disagree with Salty on the District 9 stuff. Thought it was a cracking movie. Not quite the movie of the year that some hyped it as, or even close, but it's a fun ride if you can ignore the glaring plot mistakes.

And apologies to Salty for not getting round to watching the other movie on the disc with Pieces. I'll get there soon. ;)

The Prestige

I absolutely love this film. Its the second time ive watched it and it was almost as good as the first time, those of you that have seen it will know what i mean. The storyline gets far fetched which ruins it a bit but the ending is simple, effective and i really didnt see it coming. I would recommend this to anyone. Bale and Jackman are superb.

Edit: 9/10

It is an absolutely excellent film! One of my favourites. I'm going to put it on just now actually.

Just finished watching this. Totally agree with you both. Whilst watching i thought

that Fallon might have been Bale as across the eyes he looked very similiar but as they were on the screen at the same time etc, had no clue how this would be possible.

Obviously it is later explained.

Also enjoyed Bowie's performance.

A cracking film.

8/10

Edited by Gall09

The Departed

I hadnt seen this film until the other night, but im really glad i watched it now, well deserved that oscar it earned scorsese. Was loving the Dropkick Murphys music as well, and the Boston setting was pretty cool. 9/10

After watching the Departed i'm desperate to visit Boston now. ;)

Watched Saw V to remind me where it left off before seeing VI on Tuesday. Still a 8/10 as it covered a lot of the missing links in the last couple of films.

I watched it for the first time last night, and I quite enjoyed it as I have all the films in the series, but I think they're starting to make links up rather than 'cover' them. The sections with Morris from 24 and the others seemed to be there just to pad the film out, and was very reminiscent of the 2nd film.

Also, a bit of a faux pas having Jigsaw's voice in the wee video for Baxter's death, when it was all Hoffman's doing without Jigsaw's knowledge.

Decent enough viewing though, as usual.

7/10

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Good decent comedy from the guy who done Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin etc so you knew what kind of film to expect.

All the usual suspects from the directors other films also played a part along with the suprisingly fantastic Russell Brand who played a sex addicted ex junkie rock star. Kirsten Bell who played Sarah Marshall is a total darling which made the movie even better.

7.5/10

Good decent comedy from the guy who done Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin etc so you knew what kind of film to expect.

All the usual suspects from the directors other films also played a part along with the suprisingly fantastic Russell Brand who played a sex addicted ex junkie rock star. Kirsten Bell who played Sarah Marshall is a total darling which made the movie even better.

7.5/10

I love this film, its so funny its unreal.

I actually cried watching this film it was that good.

10/10

I love this film, its so funny its unreal.

I actually cried watching this film it was that good.

10/10

I cant think of any bit that genuinely made me laugh. A couple made me smirk but apart from that nowt. Terrible film and sums up what seems to be classed 'comedy' these days.

2/10

I watched it for the first time last night, and I quite enjoyed it as I have all the films in the series, but I think they're starting to make links up rather than 'cover' them. The sections with Morris from 24 and the others seemed to be there just to pad the film out, and was very reminiscent of the 2nd film.

Also, a bit of a faux pas having Jigsaw's voice in the wee video for Baxter's death, when it was all Hoffman's doing without Jigsaw's knowledge.

Decent enough viewing though, as usual.

7/10

Agree with rating, but I must have zoned out or something cos I don't remember

Hoffman being captured by Jill, he just turns up in a chair

I think im going to need to have a saw-mnibus before i go to see the new one to freshen my memory.

A Day at the Races

Just finished watching it on TCM and it is just as funny as the first time i watched it. Probably the greatest comedy writers of all time in the Marx brother at their best.

'Tutsi fruity ice-cream'

9.5/10

7.5/10

If you like that, you should watch, 'I love you man'. That's fantastic.