What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Clear and Present Danger

Im assuming this is a sequel to 'Patriot Games' as its consists of the same character 'Jack Ryan' played by Harrison Ford. Overall a pretty good watch if not largely predictable. Not as many action scenes as i hoped for but that didnt put me off too much.

7/10

Clear and Present Danger

Im assuming this is a sequel to 'Patriot Games' as its consists of the same character 'Jack Ryan' played by Harrison Ford. Overall a pretty good watch if not largely predictable. Not as many action scenes as i hoped for but that didnt put me off too much.

7/10

Yeah, it's the third in a six film series.

The Hunt for Red October

Patriot Games

Clear and Present Danger

The Sum of All Fears (Jack Ryan changes to Ben Affleck)

Rainbow Six (next year)

Without Remorse (the year after that)

No confirmed word yet if it will remain Affleck, or whether they will be set in the future to allow Ford to come back in, but it seems like Ryan Gosling will be taking over as Jack Ryan.

Yeah i thought so Salty. Did one of the Baldwins not play Ryan in 'The Hunt for Red October'?

Get Smart

Pretty much as i expected. You get the usual few cheap laughs with any Steve Carell film which made it an OK watch. Not too much more you can say about it. It is what it is.

6/10

Tonight i shall watch '88 minutes'.

Edited by Cowden til i die

Since when did Rainbow Six have anything to do with Jack Ryan ?

It's part of the same series though, and whilst he doesn't feature in the book/game, I'd assume he will play some part in the film.

Doing something different, going to predict rating of 'Dead Set', which i'll watch online tonight and post my rating on this later :)

Prediction-8/10

My rating-6.5/10

Thats me being generous!

Edited by dargo18

It's part of the same series though, and whilst he doesn't feature in the book/game, I'd assume he will play some part in the film.

It would have to be a hell of a plot change to allow Jack Ryan to play an important part in it. The book really doesn't leave much room for maneuver.

EDIT : If I were to rate the Dead Set .... umm ... set, I'd rate it at 9/10.

Edited by DomDom

Trick 'r Treat

Fancied a Halloween themed movie that I hadn't seen before and this one had the appearance of an 'old school' bit of stroytelling. It's shit. Only the segment involving the headmaster has anything going for it. A mere 79 minutes and I was wanting it to hurry up and end.

3/10 and only because it was visually quite nice and the aforementioned headmaster.

I bet he wasn't as cool as The Demon Headmaster.

I watched Glengarry Glen Ross again last night. I still love the dialogue in this baby, but I'm beginning to enjoy the Ed Harris/Alan Arkin exchanges even more with each viewing, especially the scenes when they're "talking/speaking" about the robbery. The desperation of Jack Lemmon is superb too. I'm wondering whether to add a point and give this the full whammy. I'll need to have a think, but for now I'll stick with the same score as before.

9/10

Open Season (2006)

Good fun, not as scene driven as the xbox game but the back story added a lot. Would have been just the generic animatede mark of 7/10, but Billy Connolly saying to a beaver, "get off my trees ya buck-toothed sporran" gets it an extra mark!

8/10

No Country for Old Men

Hadn't seen it for a while so bought it on DVD. Phenomenal film. Had me right on the edge of my seat all the way through it. Josh Brolin was excellent but what an amazing performance by Javier Bardem as Chigurh. Plus it had Tommy Lee Jones so it must be awesome.

10/10