What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Collateral ( 2004 )

After the discussion about Tom Cruise in another thread, I gave this a watch. It IS a terrific performance, despite the obvious flaws in the movie itself. It's a really fun movie where the relationship between cab driver and hitman evolves into an almost fun and enjoyable thing to watch.

8/10

Last night I watched Knowing, with Nic Cage as an intense University Professor.

I can honestly say it's the worst film I've seen since Happening, which starred mhak Wahlberg.

I am now going to use the probably flawed theory of never watching another movie with "....ing" in the title.

Ooops, edited to add 2/10

Edited by Big Veeeeeeeeeeee

Just been to the Far East on holiday, so have caught up with a few movies on the plane.

Star Trek 7/10

Quite good - you could see that the actors had recognised the Spock and Kirk characters from the original Star Trek and tried to bring their mannerisms etc into the movie. Watchable, although SimonPegg's Scotty was ridiculous.

Angels and Demons 7/10

So much better than Da Vinci Code - this had a bit of pace in it. A watchable movie that kept me interested.

The Boat That Rocked - 5/10

Cliche ridden, not particularly funny and certainly not good enough based on the cast (Phil Seymour Hoffman, Bill Nighy, Nick Frost, Rhys Ifans etc). Disappointing.

Transformers 2 - 5/10

Mediocre and relied on special effects. I knew that would be the case though. Redeemed by Megan Fox's (ahem) fine acting skills

The Hangover - 8/10

I was expecting a cliche ridden lad fest and to some extent that was what it was, however better than the usual 'fraternity' related cr@p that seems to come out of the US. The beardie bloke in oparticular was hilarious.

State of Play - 7/10

Once againa good movie, but not as good as the BBC series it came from. Mirren as usual is the best thing in it, but even Affleck performs reasonably well.

Collateral ( 2004 )

After the discussion about Tom Cruise in another thread, I gave this a watch. It IS a terrific performance, despite the obvious flaws in the movie itself. It's a really fun movie where the relationship between cab driver and hitman evolves into an almost fun and enjoyable thing to watch.

8/10

Aye, the plot holes are enormous, but it's a cracking wee film, and Cruise & Foxx both nail their parts superbly.

The Cell (2000)

Just what the fucking hell is going on here? There was about a million things wrong with this movie, but they all came together to create a reasonable entertaining mindfuck! Also, cider helps...

4/10

My Bloody Valentine (2009)

Clichéd to f**k, Jaime King running through the parking lot of the motel naked for no real reason, some hilarious deaths, and a Fight Club ending.

All together makes a just about passable film, despite the terrible acting and script.

5/10

edit: mumbles! fucked up the tagging! :1eye

Edited by SaltyTON

Eagle Eye

Utter nonsense action 'thriller' starring the most wooden of wooden young actors, Shia Leboeuf. The plot is so ridiculous, it's unreal. Despite that though, it was enjoyable enough as long as you park your brain somewhere else for a couple of hours. Special effects were pretty decent too.

5/10

3 i watched over the weekend:

GI. Joe 6.5/10

Some decent action i suppose, not great but not absolutely terrible as i had imagined it would be....

Half Baked 8/10

Dave Chappelle....always good for a chuckle

Road to Perdition 8/10

Tom Hanks...I fcuking love Tom Hanks. Decent watch......

Awesome film.

I watched Twilight last night again, my girlfriend is obsessed and I now know every single word. 7/10.

oof, unlucky mate.........my bird put it on one night but i fell asleep about 15 mins into it.

oof, unlucky mate.........my bird put it on one night but i fell asleep about 15 mins into it.

Give it a chance and it may surprise you. Apparently it's not cool to like it if you're not a teenage girl or something. It IS a pretty good movie if you can get past that.

That is one of the worst films I have ever seen! We went to see it at the pictures. It actually started off not to badly, and was pretty stylish (Can't fault the directing that much) but Oh my god, the plot is unbelievably bad. Christ knows what went on at the end.

I agree, it all just went a bit mental. Started well and the story was pretty decent, then it just completely blew up.

The Cottage 1/10

Such an awful film. Admittedly, I thought it was an actual horror until the daft music & characters made me realise with was a sort of comedy. 1 mark for Jennifer Ellison.

The Punisher

8/10

actually rather enjoyed this film. One of the more preferred darker marvel characters. The shoot-em-up style ending though was far too predictable though, even for my liking.

American Beauty

8/10

Decent watch, can see why alot plaudits came their way. Thought spacey's character was actually quite good at times.