What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Straightheads - 7/10

Bleak revenge thriller starring Danny Dyer and Gillian Anderson. Really enjoyed it although could be very hard to watch for some.

Minus points for my annoyance at

the fact Alice talked Adam into taking revenge, then fucks off and leaves him to it when he decides their perpetrators haven't had enough payback yet.

Was going to watch that the other night until Film4 decided it wasn't working.

Inglorious Basterds 9.5/10

Absolutely brilliant stuff, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Christopher Waltz as Colonel Hans Landa (aka the Jew Hunter) is superb

Guest dougalldogg

The Devils Rejects

Had the dvd since it came out, watched it again last night. Decent enough wee gore fest, nothing special pasted a few hours.

5/10

District 9

Weird film. Something quite different. It was all cleverly shot although the story was a bit dodgy. Sets up for a brutally bad sequel I must say. There's no way a follow-up would even be of the same genre.

Still, interesting viewing.

7/10.

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus 3/10

Terrible acting, shiey cgi's and not enough carnage for my liking

Got to half an hour and couldn't watch anymore. I love anything to do with sharks but i was bored shitless with this.

Quarantine (2008)

Not one of these people that thinks the original is better cos it's in a foreign language (albeit she changes between Catalan and Spanish at points in [Rec] for some reason).

This is almost EXACTLY the same movie, not much changes and there's even scenes that are IDENTICAL to [Rec].

Jennifer Carpenter spends the first hour being less annoying than Manuela Velasco, but ends up more so in the end.

Plus points for the brilliant Greg Germann (Fish from Ally McBeal), it being in English so you didn't have to read it and for weird appearances by Doug Jones and Michael Jackson's brother!

I really can't take much away, other than a point away from [Rec]'s score for it not having put a bit of difference in it (I can't remember if the ending was exactly the same, but the rest of it was).

7/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Quarantine (2008)

Not one of these people that thinks the original is better cos it's in a foreign language

Nor am I. I thought REC was better because it had a much creepier and more intense atmosphere. The grit added to it, while there seemed to be a bit of gloss about the remake. Not enough to make it bad, but enough to take away the edge.

Still a solid 7/10 though.

Straightheads - 7/10

Bleak revenge thriller starring Danny Dyer and Gillian Anderson. Really enjoyed it although could be very hard to watch for some.

Minus points for my annoyance at

the fact Alice talked Adam into taking revenge, then fucks off and leaves him to it when he decides their perpetrators haven't had enough payback yet.

I watched that pish last night. Utter mince and danny dyer is a cock

Anyway watched the dark night this evening. Seen it before but it gets a very respectable 8/10.

Heath ledger is shit hot in this, thoroughly deserved the posthumous oscar - Not bad for a homo-cowboy

Troy - 2/10

yer being generous.

Not so much a film I have seen, but for LOTR fans, the hobbit's away to be started down the road. They have been clearing and replanting the film set of hobbiton...

yer being generous.

Not so much a film I have seen, but for LOTR fans, the hobbit's away to be started down the road. They have been clearing and replanting the film set of hobbiton...

Go get a part as an extra.

Sunshine (2007)

The best film set in space since Solyaris, not really the biggest priase in the world given the amount of shite since then, but this was truly brilliant.

Danny Boyle has made six good movies (that I've seen), and when your worst film is the iconic Trainspotting you've got to be taken seriously as a director!

9/10

Intolerable Cruelty - it's been a while since the Coen brothers did anything remotely a patch on their Fargo period masterpieces, but this might just be the point where they lost things altogether. The opening 20 minutes is alright, witty script and a bit of slapstick thrown in. By the half way point, you are thinking "this better not end the way all the signs suggest it is going to" and by the point that it does you just have to say "what the f**k is this shit?"

2/10 Catherine Betablocker Jones providing the standout points.

Informers

At the risk of being repetitive, what the f**k is this shit?

0/10