What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

You don't have to be a pleasant person to be a bit more sympathetic.

I didn't think the balance was right because I had absolutely zero sympathy for anything that any of them went through. Every single one of them was a c**t that got what was coming. Why do I care ?

Can't really say that I agreed. I wouldn't have gone so far as to say that the characters were sympathetic, but there were times that I felt a certain amount of sympathy (if that makes sense) in terms of what happened to them next.

On topic, Jumper : 7/10

I'd heard a lot of people slating this, but I thought that it was okay for what it was. Totally daft plot, but suspend the disbelief for an hour and twenty minutes and it's perfectly watchable. Also, Rachel Bilson's in it.

Moon

I think Sam Rockwell isn't recognised enough. He's very good. Here he plays a lone moon based astronaut on a 3 year mission who encounters another version of himself. Together he and himself struggle to find some answers about what his mean company bosses have done to him. Unsettling music and Kevin Spacey in his best role in years as the voice of a computer add to the atmosphere.

8/10

The ugly truth

I saw this at the cinema & it's a great film, not what I thought it would be like (sickly chick flick rom com) It's hilarious & definately one for the guys as well as the girls, I wouldn't recommend it for the prudish or on a first date! Very funny with a good humoured dose of filth thrown in, I would score it 8/10 but that's only because Gerard butler didn't get his kit off or it would have been more! ;)

The Hurt Locker

Brilliant movie. The performances, the cinematography, the story, everything is damn near perfect. It's hard to believe this is from the same woman who directed Point Break. It's amazing how the oddest things look really beautiful in this.

I can't recommend this highly enough.

10/10

Inglorious Basterds.

Haha, what a film. When Spielberg makes a WW2 film he makes it bleak, gritty, depressing and as realistic as possible. When Tarentino makes a WW2 film he adds modern day rock music and completely makes up everything that happened. :lol:

9/10

P.S, the bit where Pitt is pretending to be Italian and he goes "Bonjourno" in the thickest Southern U.S of A accent ever was funny as f**k. :lol:

Yeah! :lol::lol::lol:

The Hurt Locker

Brilliant movie. The performances, the cinematography, the story, everything is damn near perfect. It's hard to believe this is from the same woman who directed Point Break. It's amazing how the oddest things look really beautiful in this.

I can't recommend this highly enough.

10/10

Saw this been advertiesed on TV about 2 hours ago and thought about going to see it this weekend or at least on Monday/Tuesday, but it's not being shown in Inverness yet......Bugger

Just a Boys' Game - 8/10

"McCafferty! Your teas' oot!"

This is just brilliant. Frankie Miller in his only acting role as Jake is class, and though Jake's a proper hard c*nt, you can't help but like him. Ken Hutchison as Dancer is great too.

And possibly it's biggest plus is that it's a Scottish play, but it's not cringeworthy at all. Unlike most of the shite now.

Watch it on YouTube.

Heat

Typical cat and mouse style film but with a very good, all star cast. Pacino is absolutely brilliant. He is quite light hearted throughout untill the end. He portrays every emotion very well. Some decent actions scenes too which, all in all, make 'Heat' a very good enjoyable watch.

8/10

Max Payne - 4/10

Lot of pish, wasn't really expecting anythin great from it but it was pretty dreadful.

The Rock 8/10

Good action film, plenty of shootin etc Even Nicholas Cage is pretty decent in it.

Million Dollar Baby - 9/10

had it in the DVD collection for ages and finally got round to watchin it tonight, utterly fantastic. I was utterly engrossedfor the last 45 mins or so. Everyone in it is fantastic.

A Night to Remember

Caught this on BBC 2 this afternoon - exactly the same as Cameron's Titanic without the DeCaprio and Winslett characters slowing the story.

Love these old classic black and white films : Drama-documentary based on the events of April 14, 1912.

Luxury liner Titanic is five days to sea. Its staterooms crowded with the rich, talented and fashionable of Europe and America, the ship is the pride of Second Officer Herbert Lightoller and Thomas Andrews, its designer. Yet when a giant iceberg looms, the 'unsinkable' ship is doomed, and Andrews knows it

10 out of 10

Guest dougalldogg

The Final Destination 3D

If you have seen 1 you have seen them all, exactly the same as the rest same character basis etc waste of a 10er. I still dont get the whole 3D thing its shit, you wear glasses look like a twat ( I wear two pairs makin me more of a twat) n it doesnt enhance the cinema experience at all?

4/10

A Night to Remember

Caught this on BBC 2 this afternoon - exactly the same as Cameron's Titanic without the DeCaprio and Winslett characters slowing the story.

Love these old classic black and white films : Drama-documentary based on the events of April 14, 1912.

Luxury liner Titanic is five days to sea. Its staterooms crowded with the rich, talented and fashionable of Europe and America, the ship is the pride of Second Officer Herbert Lightoller and Thomas Andrews, its designer. Yet when a giant iceberg looms, the 'unsinkable' ship is doomed, and Andrews knows it

10 out of 10

It'll make it, surely? :bairn:

The Final Destination 3D

If you have seen 1 you have seen them all, exactly the same as the rest same character basis etc waste of a 10er. I still dont get the whole 3D thing its shit, you wear glasses look like a twat ( I wear two pairs makin me more of a twat) n it doesnt enhance the cinema experience at all?

4/10

i fucking hate 3D. fucks up my vision and makes watching a film absolutely shite