What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Il y a longtemps que je t'aime.

French film with Kirsten Scott-Thomas about a woman who gets out of prison and moves in with her sister. Excellent. 8.5 / 10.

Escape From Alcatraz ( 1979 )

The flaws in this movie are so glaringly obvious. Since when were prison guards so blatantly stupid and, in some cases, so blatantly blind ? How did they get a job in the most secure prison in the country ? Oh, and the other one being that there is not even the slightest attempt at making the plot dramatic. It just systematically goes from part to part with no real worries. That being said, this still manages to be a great movie purely because of how well directed and acted out the entire thing is.

8/10

One Missed Call ( 2008 )

A horribly miscast movie which really springs into life in the last 30 minutes. Most of the movie is a bag of crap though, almost to the point of being unforgivable. I'll give it points for the gradual descent into madness at the end, but that's all.

4/10

One Missed Call ( 2008 )

A horribly miscast movie which really springs into life in the last 30 minutes. Most of the movie is a bag of crap though, almost to the point of being unforgivable. I'll give it points for the gradual descent into madness at the end, but that's all.

4/10

More generous than I was, utter mince film. It doesn't make me want to watch Hybrid....

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it was just his first attempt at a film in English!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - I knew it would be a no brainer but this movie took the piss. If Team America hadn't been made before this film, I would have thought this was the film they were taking the piss out of. They even went to Paris and Egypt and destroyed them! America f**k yeh!

Utter Shite. The first film i've contemplated walking out of since The Blair Witch Project - 2/10

...I wanted to see Public Enemies but I was talked into watching this bag of shite.

Edited by Scary Bear

Saw Public Enemies on Sunday night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was nice to see Johnny Depp in a "proper" role again after a few cartoonish characters over the last few years.

Funnily enough though it was the man who I absolutely slated in Terminator Salvation, Christian Bale who I thought actually made the movie tick. The film itself is gorgeous and Mann really knows how to shoot a shoot-out. Some of the set to's in this almost rival those in Heat.

Recommended 8.5/10

Oh and lol x infinity at the three fucktard neds that walked out after 15 mins. Obviously having to engage your brain for a movie is beyond the idiot youth of today

saw it today and thought it was a really poor film.no story really,no depth of character,no narrative....really disappointed in this film,could have been a excellent film.if you didnt know who Dillinger,Pretty Boy Floyd and Baby Face Nelson were going into it then you werent going to learn anything about them from this film.

3/10(for the shoot outs)

One Missed Call ( 2008 )

4/10

Shite film. I can't believe I actually bought that on dvd.

Mean Machine - 2/10. I was a embarrassed when the prisoners all started chanting Mean Machine and cheering. I reckon i'd be the hardest bloke in that prison if I were ever sent to it.

Shite film. I can't believe I actually bought that on dvd.

Mean Machine - 2/10. I was a embarrassed when the prisoners all started chanting Mean Machine and cheering. I reckon i'd be the hardest bloke in that prison if I were ever sent to it.

Even Omid Djalilli? :o

Blindness ( 2008 )

This isn't a terrible movie. There's a long time where it feels like nothing is happening, but then it seems to be just a pre-cursor for what's to come. Not that it's linked with much of the opening section, but it's merely there to keep things sort of calm untill the madness ensues. It ends on a whimper, and too much of it is boring, but it does have it's moments. Thumbs in the middle.

5/10

Van Wilder 3 - Straight to dvd film that is set a year before the original Van Wilder film. Surprisingly has a few good laughs in it, mostly toilet humour. Worth a watch if you have seen the first film, no need to have seen the second one.

5/10

Public Enemies

Pretty disappointing all round. I've liked some Michael Mann films in the past but this just didn't hold interest. At least Christian Bale was decent this time and didn't growl his way through the film.

4/10

For All Mankind.

A documentary with no narration about the men who have been to the moon. Beautiful, and surprisingly moving footage, and a soundtrack consisting of interviews with astronauts and radio communication between the rocket and base.

I really want to make any conspiracy theory freak who says that the moon landings were fake sit down and watch it. Wonderful, captivating stuff.

8/10