What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009)

A good prequel to the Underworld series, with Rhona 'collagen injection' Mitra doing a decent job as Viktor's daughter Sonja.

It built up the story as to why Viktor was asleep for the earlier films and brought in Selene right at the end just to make everyone happy! :wub:

7/10

I watched 3 films on the flights to and from LA

Benjamin Button - 6/10 and distinctly average for Brad Pitt

Yes Man - 7/10 and back to your typical zany Jim Carrey type film, although not in the same class as Mask

Frost/Nixon - 10/10. Had me fixated from start to finish and is totally compelling viewing

Last Exit to Brooklyn - 7/10

Really enjoyed this and although it's bleak, it's not as depressing as some (on IMDB anyway) are making out. Jennifer Jason Leigh plays her character brilliantly and the situation she gets herself in at the end of the film just to be loved and the centre of attention is brutal.

Plus it's got Paulie from Rocky.

Memento - 9/10

Amazing. Love the fact that his whole life since the incident has just been a continual loop, basically through his choice. The scene

Natalie goads him into hitting her then sits in her car till he forgets

was brilliantly evil.

Waltz With Bashir

Finally got around to watching this film, which is probably best described as an animated documentary, in which the director goes to speak with Israeli veterans from the 1982 Lebanon War in order to try to piece together his pieces of memory and flashbacks. Essentially a series of memories presented in the same rotoscope style as used in A Scanner Darkly and Waking Life, visually it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. It also made me laugh, cry and think. One of the best films I have ever seen.

10/10

I plan to see this in the next fortnight.

You should watch "In the City of Sylvia" - I think you would like it.

A Room for Romeo Brass - 8/10

Paddy Considine is brilliant. The speed at which he turns on first Gavin, then Romeo, is genuinely frightening.

The War Zone - 8/10

Brutal film from Tim Roth about child abuse. Tremendously acted by all involved.

Harsh Time - 6/10

Just couldn't take it serious seeing Christain Bale and Freddy Rodriguez calling each other "dawg" and acting like overgrown frat boys.

Some good action though.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Visually excellent, and would no doubt be even better if I could have watched it on something a little more advanced than my shite TV.

Casey Affleck was very good as Robert Ford and Brad Pitt decent as Jesse James.

8/10

Zack and Miri Make a P0rno

6/10 - funny enough. Elizabeth Banks is hot as f**k, and she looks a right durty as well.

Pineapple Express

5/10

James Franco was brilliant, but it was a stupid ending ( yes I know it was a stupid film, but it lost my interest towards the last half hour).

Got the following to watch over the next few days-

Australia, Body of Lies, Burn After Reading, Cass, Chaos, Eastern Promises, Ghost Town, Rachel Getting Married, Rambo, Role Models, Valkyrie, Yes Man, Quantum of Solace, The Reader.

Shall report back.

The Shawshank Redemption

10/10

Also on my Sky plus I have Hotel Rwanda, Rat Race and big daddy to watch!

I've not seen the latter two but I'd start with Hotel Rwanda, it's very good.

little miss sunshine....8/10 lot better than i had thought it would be..alan arkin was brilliant as the junkie grandpa

I was literally crying with laughter in the cinema when the girl does her dance routine near the end. I can remember the last time before or since that I laughed that hard. Sore ribs, the lot. :lol:

Over the last couple of days I watched all the American Pie movies:

American Pie

American Pie 2

American Pie: The Wedding

American Pie Presents: Band Camp

American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile

American Pie Presents: Beta House

The first three American Pie films are classics but other three are nothing without the real Stifmeister. :lol: