What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Paul Blart - Mall Cop

A decent enough film with a few lol moments. Kevin James is a funny guy.

7/10

He claims to have "done all his own stunts".

What "stunts" did the fat b*****d have to do in this film?

Body Of Lies (2009)

Ridley Scott, Russell Crowe and Leonard DiCaprio sounds like a good package but this international thriller fell flat with me and I found myself not even caring what happened at the end, in fact I'm not even sure what did.

Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)

Old classic with Humphrey Bogart, three gold prospectors develop a mistrust of one another as their fortune grows.

9/10

Gone baby gone

Decent enough film but it was a bit obvious that a twist was coming and once it happens you think 'i should have guessed' but none the less a good watch. Didnt realise the main character was an Affleck even though i have seen him in a few things. Thought he played a good part as did Ed Harris

7/10

John Q

Was on C4 last night. Far too predicable but an OK Sunday night film. Everything happens conveniently right in the nick of time

5/10

He claims to have "done all his own stunts".

What "stunts" did the fat b*****d have to do in this film?

Not seen the film, but have seen videos of KJ training before and he is a bit of a beast, especially when you consider his size.

Knowing

New Nicolas Cage thriller from the maker of "I, Robot" and "The Crow" where Cage plays a lecturer who discovers that supposed random numbers that were found in a school's time capsule relate to dates, co-ordinates and number of deaths for every major disaster, including 9/11, the Oklahoma bombing and Lockerbie among others.

What he figures out is that there are two more impending disasters and something far more catastrophic is on the cards and that the fate of the world rests in his hands.

75% of the movie is pretty intriguing and the scenes with a plane crash and a subway train crash are particularly well done and you are left wondering just how the hell this is going to end.

The last 25% is when you left thinking "what the f***?" and actually ruins the rest of the movie. If you've seen it, you'll know what I mean.

It was on a lovely 7/10 until the last quarter and dipped badly to a 4/10 by the end.

Edited by TheDoctor

Knowing

New Nicolas Cage thriller from the maker of "I, Robot" and "The Crow" where Cage plays a lecturer who discovers that supposed random numbers that were found in a school's time capsule relate to dates, co-ordinates and number of deaths for every major disaster, including 9/11, the Oklahoma bombing and Lockerbie among others.

What he figures out is that there are two more impending disasters and something far more catastrophic is on the cards and that the fate of the world rests in his hands.

75% of the movie is pretty intriguing and the scenes with a plane crash and a subway train crash are particularly well done and you are left wondering just how the hell this is going to end.

The last 25% is when you left thinking "what the f***?" and actually ruins the rest of the movie. If you've seen it, you'll know what I mean.

It was on a lovely 7/10 until the last quarter and dipped badly to a 4/10 by the end.

Agree with that, it had the makings to be a good film, and like you said the plane crash and subway scenes were well done, but it turned out to be a lot of tripe. Really disappointing and stupid ending.

Haunting in Connecticut

Bloody waste of my time. Ive seen loads of films similar to it before but wait it has a twist. Didnt see that one coming. Too many cheap scares and not enough gore or generally scary scenes. Based on a true story my scrotum. I blame P&B for advertising it.

3/10

"In the city of Sylvia"

Pretentious, arty, Guardian-reader fayre, with around about 2 minutes of subtitled dialogue the only talking in an hour and 25 minutes or so of film set in Strasbourg.

I loved it - 8 out of 10. In fact maybe 9.

Edited by H_B

The Host - 7/10

Film about a troubled family in South Korea brought together again when a giant creature that lives in the Han River snatches their youngest sister.

Some great scenes and special effects for the monster, particularly when the creature reveals itself on land for the first time. Just the right amount of comedy to keep it ticking along too.

Guest dougalldogg

Tropic Thunder

Terrible terrible film, really not even worth writing about, it had no lol moments not even anything that really had me close to laughing, was very disappointing.

2/10