What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Watchmen;

Saw it last night and f**k me did it push my buttons, the story is as it should be and the set pieces are brutal and quite stunning, the ending has been changed but it fits nicely and has the same affect as in the book.

So glad it was an 18 cert so they could do the job as they saw fit and not fill the film with lots of cut away shots for a 15 cert and a bigger audience.

For me it's an 8/10 but as i was watching it i thought, if you're not a fan it could feel like it's dragging it's heels in parts.

The Boys from Brazil

I somehow had it in my head that this was a serious film. Instead it was a bit of a caper - but an enjoyable enough one at that. Bizarrely edited: two scenes on the quote-unquote science of cloning were absurdly long.

6.5/10

Edited by Swampy

Big Daddy

Not one of Adam Sandlers best but still good. :)

6/10

6! The movie extremely funny!

Gran Torino (2008)

Very good. Eastwood's rascism reminded me of my granda. :lol: Very good story and even though it wasn't a comedy it still had some funny moments (i.e when Sue (sp?) was with that boy and they come across the black guys and he starts acting as he is them :lol: ).

Duplicity.

Saw this on Saturday night. Clive Owen and Julia Roberts in confusing spy comedy thriller. I was finding it hard not to fall asleep* in the cinema I was so bored with it and I was continuously hoping that it was near the end of the film so I could leave. Never a good sign. I don't even know what the whole point of the film was. They just seemed to talk to each other and meet up and have sex with each other (not exactly a bad thing of course!) and then they stole something at the end but were double crossed all along. How unpredictable.

3/10.

*This might have something to do with eating a large piece of chocolate fudge cake from TGIs before entering the cinema and feeling pretty damn full.

My Boss's Daughter

One of them you just watch in bed whilst trying not to think about going to work the next morning.

I got about half way through it then began to ponder if it was the worst film I have ever watched.

Tara Reid started to do a strip which kept my interest but she only got down to her bra which annoyed me further.

I stuck it out and out of nowhere one of the gags had me laughing like an idiot, so for this one gag i'm going to give it 3/10 and that's being nice.

My Boss's Daughter

One of them you just watch in bed whilst trying not to think about going to work the next morning.

I got about half way through it then began to ponder if it was the worst film I have ever watched.

Tara Reid started to do a strip which kept my interest but she only got down to her bra which annoyed me further.

I stuck it out and out of nowhere one of the gags had me laughing like an idiot, so for this one gag i'm going to give it 3/10 and that's being nice.

Me too! Exactly the same thoughts as you!

I can't remember the gag, but I nearly pissed myself. I think it might have been something to do with the hick with the baseball cap, cause he was quite funny.

Il Divo

Despite not having the faintest idea as to what was going on for much of the film, I thought it was quite brilliant. It looks and sounds beautiful.

It's fair to say that I'm not exactly clued up on Italian politics of the 70's & 80's, so the film was more than a little confusing at time. In fact the ticket lady handed me a pamphlet which gave a bit of backround information and profile of the main movers and shakers, but instead of swotting up I chose to kind of muck about instead.

I didn't find that my ignorance detracted from the enjoyment of it too much though, as it was such a fantastic film.

The Perfect Hideout, No long finished watching this and it's probably one of the worst films I've ever seen that doesn't have Dolph Lundgren in it.

It's supposed to be set in Germany but all the actors had American or English accents, the characters were completely unconvincing, and the story was embarassingly cliche-ridden.

The premise of the film involves two fugitives who break into a house and take the occupant hostage only to find he's a deranged murderer. I thought this was an interesting idea which makes the fact that it was ruined by appaling acting, banal dialogue and the failure to produce any meaningful ideas beyond the original premise all the more dissapointing.

A disgruntled 2/10

Watchmen;

Saw it last night and f**k me did it push my buttons, the story is as it should be and the set pieces are brutal and quite stunning, the ending has been changed but it fits nicely and has the same affect as in the book.

So glad it was an 18 cert so they could do the job as they saw fit and not fill the film with lots of cut away shots for a 15 cert and a bigger audience.

For me it's an 8/10 but as i was watching it i thought, if you're not a fan it could feel like it's dragging it's heels in parts.

Watchmen

I had never heard of the watchmen before and wasnt overly impressed with the trailers, but i had a spare afternoon and didnt fancy any of the other films on show.

What a film, very good story,excellent action and tastey birds to look at. I dont know why the critics said that fans of the graphic novels would be the only ones that would like it. I thought the 3 hrs flew in. 9/10

Tropic Thunder - Absolute pish.

3/10.

I thought Anchorman was rubbish the first time I watched it too though so I might give this a second look to see if there were any genius moments that I missed.

By the beard of Zeus.

It smells like bigfoots dick.

Brilliant Hangover comedy.

Three and Out

British film starring Gareth from The Office as a train driver who accidentally kills two people on the track and is told if he kills a third within a month, he'll be paid off with 10 years salary.

Likeable enough comedy, which ended up being very touching at the end. Good performances from the cast, especially from Colm Meaney, who I'd only ever seen before in Con Air.

As is usual with British comedies, some of the background stuff is the funniest, but overall a good film which I quite enjoyed, and miles better than 'Sex Lives of the Potato Men', although that wouldn't be hard.

7/10