What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Edward Scissorhands - yeah, an oldie but somehow I'd never seen it before. Watched it on the sci-fi channel. Most of their films are keech but a real gem comes along now and again.

9/10

For a while, every b-movie I stumbled across on Sci-Fi seemed to have Stephen Baldwin in it. (Think he made 5 movies exclusively for Sci-Fi)

defiance 4/10

boring.is it possible to make a film about the hardship of the jewish people without the sad violin music?couldve been an interesting film given the true story of the bielski partisans.tried too hard to be worthy.

hitman 6/10

dumb but fun,and olga kuyrlenko(sp?)get them oot :)

Defiance is a class film and is a 8/10

Rocky IV ( 1985 )

A personal favourite from the series. Even the cheesy training montage was done pretty well. Drago was a vicious villain to have as well. The really cheesy turning of the crowd was a low point though, and you just knew Adrian was going to follow him to Russia. Wouldn't have been Rocky without Adrian and her facial expressions.

7/10

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - 8/10

Pitt is superb, as is Blanchett. It's longer than I thought it was going to be but I think that was a necessity to tell the whole story. Knew I'd enjoy it though as I enjoy the majority of David Fincher's work. Great director, should have won the BAFTA ahead of Boyle, IMO.

The Last Emperor 10/10

What a film, just my type of film (Historical epic type). Just a truly beautiful film, wonderful setting, astounding costumes, some fairly decent acting and an emotional and intriguing story-line to boot. I had a wee cry at the end. :(

Edit: The music was fucking fantastic too, at times it just added to the film so much. When the strong emotional part kicks in at about 2:10

it can just bring out so many emotions. What a masterpiece. Definatly up with Das Boot and Dr. Zhivago as my favourite films. I have Lawrence of Arabia to watch in the next few days and I suspect it will live up to expectations! Edited by Enigma

Rocky IV ( 1985 )

A personal favourite from the series. Even the cheesy training montage was done pretty well. Drago was a vicious villain to have as well. The really cheesy turning of the crowd was a low point though, and you just knew Adrian was going to follow him to Russia. Wouldn't have been Rocky without Adrian and her facial expressions.

7/10

Rocky IV has by far the best music as well.

Taken (2008) - Liam Neeson starts as a retired CIA man who tracks down his daughter's kidnappers after she is abducted while on vacation in Paris. I expected this to be a bog-standard thriller but the script is above average and Neeson turns in a fine performance. Plenty of twists and turns within the 90-minute time frame and worth a watch.

7/10

Nine Queens (2006) - Argentinian crime caper about two conmen who stumble across a potential big score. The action moves along swiftly and you're never quite sure who's double crossing who. I enjoyed this film.

7/10

Couple of oldies this weekend:

The Dead Zone - Christopher Walken is a teacher who spends 5 years in a coma and comes out of it able to see people's futures, deaths, etc. This leads him down some dark corners and fucks up his life, basically. It's a sort of horror with a twist, based on a Stephen King story and directed by David Cronenberg. Quite enjoyed it, 8/10

Time Bandits - a kid accompanies a troop of midgets through time robbing people, using a map they stole from the Supreme Being, but are enticed by Evil who wants the map to rule the world. A Terry Gilliam classic, seen it many times, it's dark and very Gilliam-esque, with some nice Monty Python cameos from Cleese and Palin. Awesome 10/10

Slumdog Millionaire- 9/10. Not quite a ten but still really, really enjoyable. Quite a smiliar film to City of God in many ways.

Dan in Real Life- 7/10. Not too shabby. Probably would be shit if not for Steve Carrell who is a fine actor indeed.

Quantum of Solace: 4/10 Utterly gash waste of a night out. Only highlight of the night was the Chinese food from City Buffet. No plot development, no gadgets, poor script, poor film.

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy: 7.5/10. Great film, with some great one liners.

"Diversity...was an old, old ship."