What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest dougalldogg

Nothing is Private

Story of a young girl with a very strict father and neglecting parents to cut a long story short. Alot of quite sexual moments which were verging on pedophilia in my opinion lol. But on the whole was quite a moving story and couldnt help feeling sorry for the girl, ending was quite poor but on the whole a good watch.

7.5/10

The Descent ( 2005 )

An apt name for a movie like this, as the entire thing descends into a horror of hellish proportions. It's rare for a horror movie to be scary on a second watch, but this movie managed to be almost as frightening as it was the first time around. The ending doesn't lose much of it's entertainment.

9/10

The Descent ( 2005 )

An apt name for a movie like this, as the entire thing descends into a horror of hellish proportions. It's rare for a horror movie to be scary on a second watch, but this movie managed to be almost as frightening as it was the first time around. The ending doesn't lose much of it's entertainment.

9/10

i was watching this then got bored waiting for them to get into the cave <_<

So you turned it off before the point that you knew it was going to get better ? Rather stupid was it not ?

Plus, I thought that part did a great job of building up the main charater.

don't worry m8 i was only joking. :) i was flicking through channels then fell asleep

The Descent ( 2005 )

9/10

Very good film, scared the crap out of me even though i watched the film on a PSP with headphones. I hunted the dvd out at asda and enjoyed it again the next night. (9/10)

I see Wolf Creek is on Ch 4 tonight, another good chiller worth watching. (9/10)

Rambo First Blood - 8/10 Great movie imo the best of the lot with Rambo (or John Rambo if you prefer) a close second. Love the fact that only one person gets killed in the movie and it is a pretty decent character piece with Rambo being the disallusioned Vietnam Vet trying to live his life after the war.

Rambo First Blood part 2 - 7/10 Enjoyed it alot and as good an action movie as you were getting at that time.

Eagle Eye - 7/10 ok thriller which was a bit too predictable tbh. Shia lapoof was ok in it I suppose.

Got Rambo 3, Rambo and Mutant Chronicles to watch yet.

DVD of 'Into the Wild' last night

the visuals were amazing, but a somewhat dour 'inspired by a true story' about a young lad who wants to escape his family by travelling to Alaska. the acting was first rate, as was the visuals and music. it as thought provoking.

7/10 for me but not a cheery tale.

Probably the best film I watched last year. I thought it was absolutely brilliant.

The Dark Knight-9/10

Finally got round to watching this and thought it was excellent hence the 9/10

I watched it a few weeks ago.

7/10 for me. Nowhere near as good as IMDB or various people seem to think.

As usual DC characters just fall short on depth for my liking. OK though.

Edited by MattBairn

Probably the best film I watched last year. I thought it was absolutely brilliant.

Did you not just want to throttle the main guy though. I thought it was a much better movie than most of the reviews suggested.

Very good film, scared the crap out of me even though i watched the film on a PSP with headphones. I hunted the dvd out at asda and enjoyed it again the next night. (9/10)

I see Wolf Creek is on Ch 4 tonight, another good chiller worth watching. (9/10)

I thought it was shite <_<:lol:

The Reader

I don't believe Kate Winslet merits oscar buzz for this role as a Nazi war criminal with a toy boy and a secret that is fairly bloody obvious from early in the film. And why have a film with British actors speaking with dodgy German accents. Haven't we learned lessons from Steve MacLaren? Just hire German actors and have it subtitled, for christ's sake.

6/10

Couldn't agree more about the German accents.

It was by no means bad, and there were elements of it I really quite liked, but I just didn't find it particularly engaging. It really began to drag on as well and felt far longer than two hours.

Planet Terror ( 2007 )

How ridiculous is this movie ? Even for a zombie movie of sorts, it's pushing it a bit ... and as a result, you get one of, while not the most amazing movie, certainly one of the most fun ones. The ridiculous aspects actually ADD to the movie and you can get more than one decent laugh from it. Plenty of gross out aspects and a couple of genuinely tense and scary moments into the bargain. Fun, fun, fun.

8/10

Chinatown (1974)

A good, well made film with good acting and good cinematography.

But, for me very little to keep my attention and was fighting sleep for large parts of it.

All in all, a fair mark would be 7/10

Defiance

daniel craigs latest offering,a factual film about the jews in belarussia in the 2nd world war

pretty amazing story if the film was kept to the truth,over 2hrs long meant i had run out of pick n mix

so it only gets an 7/10

well worth a watch and has made want to buy the book