What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest dougalldogg

The Children 8/10

I never get scared by horror movies but went to the cinema to see this last night and it freaked the shit outa me, I will never look at small children the same again. But overall Id say it was a pretty good movie, wasnt a point where I was bored waiting for something to happen so overall Id say go see it.

Guest Ally's honest man
I thought it was great too

8/10

How cool would it be if there were that many Chris Rock's!

Am 17, am I still a kid? :whistle

Crackalactic perhaps

The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008)

Just back from the local cinema to see this brand new remake, starring the world's worst actor, Keanu Reeves. Although the original was far better, this isn't a bad stab at it and Reeves proves again that his acting ability is slightly less than the fence outside my block of flats.

To summarise the plot, Reeves plays an alien who has come, along with his robot protector GORT to save the earth as it's on the verge of being destroyed. But typical American army go for the shoot first, think later tactic as they brand Reeves a convict and try to kill him. Along with dishy scientist Jennifer Connelly, Reeves is trying to return to his ship, which has nicely nestled in Central Park.

Watch out for GORT, the star of the show for me, who was hideously underused and easily out-acted the former Bill & Ted star. Once you see it, you'll know what I mean. The film itself isn't too bad and the gung-ho nature of the American Army reflects how they normally are.

However three things spoiled it. GORT could have been used more, as I mentioned, Reeves is still the worst actor in the world and apart from the first of The Matrix movies, absolutely sucks in sci-fi. Also the ending is a little cheesy for my taste, but it sends out a message about how we are treating the planet as its tenants.

I've seen worse in fairness and I was reasonably entertained for a couple of hours.

7/10

Edited by TheDoctor

Vanishing Point (1971)

This must be the 10th time I've watched this movie, and I never get bored of it. One of the greatest american car movies ever made. A gorgeous Dodge Challenger steaming across 4 states, lots of druggy existensialism, the sheriff from Blazing Saddles and a kick ass soundtrack.

I love the ending as well.

9/10

Vanishing Point (1971)

This must be the 10th time I've watched this movie, and I never get bored of it. One of the greatest american car movies ever made. A gorgeous Dodge Challenger steaming across 4 states, lots of druggy existensialism, the sheriff from Blazing Saddles and a kick ass soundtrack.

I love the ending as well.

9/10

It's a great film.

Have you seen 2 Lane Blacktop? Another great car movie.

It's a great film.

Have you seen 2 Lane Blacktop? Another great car movie.

I love you! I've been doing my nut in all night trying to remember the name of that film. I haven't seen it, but it shall be added to my collection in the near future now that I know the name of it! :lol:

Changeling

It's pretty good and well directed by Clint Eastwood - keeps the pace up and tells the story well (albeit apparently slightly doctored from true events). Angelina Jolie is OK in it, there's been a lot of Oscar chat but to be honest she plays it totally neutral, and seems to have little more than one repeated line in the film ("HE'S NOT MY SON! HE'S NOT MY SON!").

Nicely shot and good period piece, I'd give it 7/10

Training Day ( 2001 )

All sorts of cool stuff going on here, with Denzel's character coming across almost as the anti-christ at times. I think the climax is perfect as it pegs the two characters terrifically after what came before.

8/10

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Not a patch on the original, but nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. Reeves, ahem, unique style of acting is actually spot on for the character he plays in this.

I was annoyed that they fucked about with Gort and it was the humans that gave him his name, some stupid acronym. His name was always fucking Gort!

6.5/10