What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest Saor_Alba_1314

Apocalypto. Directed by Mel Gibson.

Was a bit wary of watching it at first, as it is foreign (ancient!) language but English subtitled. It is also not subject matter I would normally have an interest in. It was about South American ancient Mayan tribes. Was very brutal and gory, but the storyline and the edge of the seat action was brilliant. I was very surprised how quickly the 2 hours passed, as it certainly keeps you on edge.

A very surprising 8/10. Definately reccomend it.

Apocalypto. Directed by Mel Gibson.

Was a bit wary of watching it at first, as it is foreign (ancient!) language but English subtitled. It is also not subject matter I would normally have an interest in. It was about South American ancient Mayan tribes. Was very brutal and gory, but the storyline and the edge of the seat action was brilliant. I was very surprised how quickly the 2 hours passed, as it certainly keeps you on edge.

A very surprising 8/10. Definately reccomend it.

I liked that as well although now you will feel the wrath of the movie polis who disagree with your opinion, namely Saltyton ;)

Quarantine ( 2008 )

This has none of the tension and pure horror that [REC] had. The grit is gone and so is the realism. The pure panic that is littered in the original is also gone. What is left is a shell of the original. That shell is still pretty scary. It's worth a night out at least. The cast is extremely well picked in this. There's simply too much Hollywood gloss here. I'd leave this and go to what I now consider the greatest horror movie of all time. The original. [REC].

7/10

The last movie I watched was 'W' at the cinema a couple of weeks ago. It was a decent yarn without really hitting the highlights. Five out of ten from me.

I think we are going to watch A Body of Lies at the cinema next week, hopefully that will be a bit better.

Edited by qos_75

Quarantine ( 2008 )

This has none of the tension and pure horror that [REC] had. The grit is gone and so is the realism. The pure panic that is littered in the original is also gone. What is left is a shell of the original. That shell is still pretty scary. It's worth a night out at least. The cast is extremely well picked in this. There's simply too much Hollywood gloss here. I'd leave this and go to what I now consider the greatest horror movie of all time. The original. [REC].

7/10

I thought it was good, but couldn't get into the atmosphere at all. Would be good to hear a review from someone who hasn't seen REC before.

The Mist - Steven King movies can be hit-or-miss affairs but this one is a very watchable effort despite the bog-standard monsters lurking in the shadows setting. Just goes to show that sharp scriptwriting can bring even the most hackneyed genre to life. But boy oh boy, what a downbeat ending!

8/10

Teeth - Quirky little teen-horror romp with moments of comic relief. Gory moments are actually few and far between but when they arrive, they hit the spot. Clocking in at 83 minutes, probably the ideal length for this type of movie.

Again, 8/10.

Edited by centralparker

Se7en (1995)

I first seen this when I was just a kid, maybe 12 or 13, and I hadn't seen it since then. I now realise just how perfect this movie actually is, especially after translating the terminology for two Lithuanians.

10/10

Se7en (1995)

I first seen this when I was just a kid, maybe 12 or 13, and I hadn't seen it since then. I now realise just how perfect this movie actually is, especially after translating the terminology for two Lithuanians.

10/10

It really is a masterpiece. I don't have many 10/10 movies, but this is one of them.

Se7en (1995)

10/10

Do you speak Lithuanian? :o