What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)

As much as I could appreciate all the qualities of this, and Brad Pitt's brilliant performance (yet again), I just couldn't get into this at all. It was really well made, great acting, well cast, but there was just something missing overall.

7/10

Pacing?

Excitement?

Drama?

A well-cast lead actor?

The Italian Job ( 1969 )

Not the all time classic that some people had me believe, but it's great fun. The ending seems a bit pointless to me, but thankfully doesn't harm what comes before.

8/10

The Man Who Knew Too Much ( 1956 )

This has more Hitchcock-isms than you can shake a stick at, but I never actually spotted his cameo this time around, which disappointed me greatly. I know he's in there somewhere. He HAS to be. As usual, the climax is brilliantly done, pushing the tension to the last possible moment where almost anything could happen. If the rest of the movie pushed the same buttons this would have been terrific. As it stands, it's a good movie but not great.

6/10

Me and my girlfriend went to see Ghost Town tonight. It was either that or W but I fancied Ghost Town.

A very enjoyable, funny film. Gervais is excellent, and Tea Leoni is amazing, as always.

I'd give it an 8/10.

Not long back from watching the new Saw film. I thought it was an OK film, not great or anything and not enough gore. I coulnt help but wonder how necessary the film was after seeing it. Again the ending leads on to another film. It was somewhat spoilt by yhe girl drinking wine who was sitting right next to me, she stunk of drink.

Overall 6/10 (only cause i like saw)

Run, Lola, Run

German film about three alternate possibilities when a girl has to find 100,000 marks to save her boyfriend from gangsters.

Excellent and a bit weird. 8/10.

Great wee film 8 or 9 for me!

Run, Lola, Run

German film about three alternate possibilities when a girl has to find 100,000 marks to save her boyfriend from gangsters.

I watched that and just kept thinking, let the gangsters take your damn boyfriend.

Over the past few days:

Pride And Glory

A pretty formulaic cop thriller in the end. Edward Norton and Jon Voight are both excellent, as usual, and their performances give it an extra mark. I'd give it a 6/10.

W

Really enjoyed this. Very fascinating and great performances all round, especially from Josh Brolin, James Cromwell and Richard Dreyfuss.

Run, Lola, Run

I remember watching this at High School - really enjoyed it!

Last couple of nights have been spent watching the Silence of The Lambs and Hannibal on ITV2. Both were excellent and would give both at least 9/10.

Had to explain the ending of the second one to my flatmate who couldnt understand how

Lector lost his hand at the end as opposed to him cutting of Starlings hand!

:lol:

The Man Who Knew Too Little (1997)

Good fun, with a good screen partnership between Bill Murray and Willow's on-screen beau Joanne Whalley.

Sadly Richard Wilson was in it, but everything has to have a negative.

Actually quite ingenious to get a film that has a plot that no-one in it seems to know about!

8/10

Hunger - Steve McQueen, 2008, 5 star review in Guardian

Saw it at GFT, its about Bobby Sands and the hunger strikers during the Thatcher years, really thought provoking. Really well made film, acting is fantastic, in particular Michael Fassbender who plays Bobby Sands. Its still on at the GFT and a couple of cinemas in Edinburgh - I'd highly recommend it.

Edited by YOGI IS GOD

Burn after reading

7.5/10

Pretty funny storyline. Pitt, McDormand, Clooney, Malkovic and Jenkings are all pretty fantastic in this and I quite enjoyed, clever at stages and a few laugh out loud moments but def's not the Coen's best film