What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Serpent ( 2006 )

A rather nifty wee movie here. Why is it that French thrillers must have some sort of psycho in them ? The psychos are always good mind you, but it seems to get a bit repetitive. Oh, and this is the second French movie that has used the same house. Anyways, enough of that. It's a good thriller movie.

8/10

Today I saw Burn after Reading and thoroughly enjoyed it. Brad Pitt was the stand out for me, easily the most under rated actor around.
Brad Pitt's performance was great and shit :lol:

I'm going to join in with the Brad Pitt appreciation too. I thought he stole very scene he was in, and was genuinely very funny in it.

His hair is a thing of splendour too.

Saw 5.

Utter pish.

2/10 if only because some of the traps were quite ingenious.

See, I wanted to give it a low mark but couldn't bring myself to do so as it had lots of Jigsaw in it.

It was not meant to be a horror like the others (save the five people in the 'game'), it was just to give background and admit that 2 and 4 were pointless as they didn't mention them at all!

Saw 5 stuff:

Methinks Saw 5 was a sort of necessary evil. All of the storyline stuff had to be shown to lead into the 6th, and final, film - but you can't have a Saw film without the gory stuff, so the game with the five folk is just shown between story bits, despite it having bugger all to do with anything.

I imagine that once we've seen the 6th one, 5 will fit into the series much better. They probably could've done in it just 5 films, making the last one quite long and including the storyline from this one, but its probably better that they've put it in a film of its own.

So... what's in the box, then?

Edited by Dunc

Brooklyn Rules - 6/10

Film about 3 friends who grow up together in Brooklyn, as one of them gets involved with the local mob more and more, the 3 of them get dragged into a situation that they struggle to get out of.

Not bad, Scott Caan plays a good part but it's quite slow and Freddie Prinze Jr just didn't convince with a Brooklyn accent at all.

Eagle Eye 5/10

Pretty standard action flick that got a bit boring by the end. The chick in it was pretty annoying. The support from Billy Bob and Michael Chiklis was the best thing about it.

What other films end up with a crazed super computer that has gone out of control? I could only think of I, Robot but there must be others.

Burn After Reading ( 2008 )

People have been going on about Brad Pitt, and you can't blame them, but there's two better performances here. George Clooney as the gradually paranoid guy and John Malkovich as the slightly unhinged analyst. The movie takes a while to get going. Infact, a good half hour. It's all fun and games from the point that they find the disc of "shit" though. It also has one of the funniest things in a movie recently.

The dildo chair.

7/10