What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Watched The Pianist the other night - crackin' film, with the old guy in the wheelchair getting thrown over the balcony being the most memorable bit - "Du, aus!". 9/10.

In all fairness though, the German guy did ask him twice without reply. That's gotta be asking for trouble :rolleyes:

Edited by Hedgecutter

Donkey Punch.

Rubbish, but the scene with the donkey punch and the scenes that shortly follow are some of the funniest things I've ever seen.

4/10.

Dammit. It's been getting cracking write ups and I was really looking forward to seeing it.

So bad it's good, surely doesn't make it 6/10

My rough rule for rating (with a well enough known horror example)...

10/10 = Exceptional (Dawn of the Dead)

9/10 = Excellent (Cube)

8/10 = Great (Halloween)

7/10 = Very Good (The Hitcher)

6/10 = Good (The Fog)

5/10 = Passable (Razor Blade Smile)

4/10 = Not quite passable (Cabin Fever)

3/10 = Poor (Shrooms)

2/10 = Crap (The Driller Killer)

1/10 = Absolute shite (The Blair Witch Project)

Would agree with most of that bar Blair Witch. Still the only film I've found seriously unsettling since I watched Freddie as a wean.

sweeney todd

hmm not that good, unrealistic and sometimes very disgusting

but thze main problems is that the action is often rather slow and too plain imo, and i'm not a fan of singing in movies

enjoyed watching it partially, after a couple of beers though :rolleyes:

5.5/10, with the greatest respect

Hidden - 7/10 - it's a great idea but somehow it just doesn't pull together as it should although that scene in Majids flat is a bit of a shocker. I'm just not sure that sitting watching the action behind the closing credits is any way to work out what is actually going on.

Dammit. It's been getting cracking write ups and I was really looking forward to seeing it.

Would agree with most of that bar Blair Witch. Still the only film I've found seriously unsettling since I watched Freddie as a wean.

I didn't get as far as anything actually happening. I walked out while they were walking round in circles as the shaky camera was giving me motion sickness! :barf

I also want to see Donkey Punch as it looks pretty good from the trailers and has a funny name.

Although this quote from a self review on IMDb makes me think it will be a cross between Hostel and well Hostel... :lol:

"People merely looking for explicit sex will be very well served, but the violence and gore is surprisingly tame for something that's being marketed as a plasma-stained killfest."

Watched The Pianist the other night - crackin' film, with the old guy in the wheelchair getting thrown over the balcony being the most memorable bit - "Du, aus!". 9/10.

In all fairness though, the German guy did ask him twice without reply. That's gotta be asking for trouble :rolleyes:

Watched it again last week and it really is a superb film, although I did start thinking to myself has there ever been another film where the person credited 2nd on the credits doesn't actually appear in the fillm until 1h 55 minutes in.

Guest sandboy

The Day After Tomorrow 6/10. A bit predictable, but actually one of the better recent blockbusters. Quite amusing that Scotland gets wiped out.

The Day After Tomorrow 6/10. A bit predictable, but actually one of the better recent blockbusters. Quite amusing that Scotland gets wiped out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, quite simply, no.

Hellboy

Thought I'd better actually watch the first one as I really fancy the upcoming sequel.

Pretty good, although the plot is slightly muddled to say the least. Ron Perlman is absolutely mighty as Big Red though.

6.5/10

Edited by KnightswoodBear

28 days later is pish

I saw it quite a while after it came out and found it disappointing after all the rave reviews I'd heard. But it's still quite a good film. The second one starts OK and is then a complete waste of time. I can only imagine that the third one will be truly shite.

From Wikipedia

"In March 2007, Boyle announced plans to create a third chapter of the film franchise, which will be given the title 28 Months Later with a 2009 release date. Boyle has stated that his thoughts are to set the movie in Russia.

In June 2007, it was announced that if DVD sales of the film did well Fox Atomic would consider producing the third film.

In July 2007, while promoting Sunshine, Boyle revealed that he has a story formulating for the next film. "There is an idea for the next one, something which would move [the story] on. I've got to think about it, whether it's right or not." Boyle also revealed that he would return as the director."