What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Shocker (1989)

To be honest, whoever wrote this must have been on shitloads of drugs! No wait, it's Wes Craven... seems about right!

Complete and utter ludicrous nonsense about a murderer (X-Files' Mitch Pileggi) who gets fried, then his soul can take over people's bodies due to his black magic, until their power runs out and he needs a new body.

The theme tune was called Shocker by the Dudes of Wrath (Tommy Lee and co) which made it passable before the film even started. It also had Ted Raimi so it couldn't possibly get a negative mark.

5/10

Note: There's a remake in pipelines, sadly Joe Lynch is rumoured to be directing it (Wrong Turn 2 was his directorial debut)

The Crimson Rivers 2

i expected more, ok, there were a lot of good action scenes but therefore the story was not really good and too plain

all in all 6.5/10

Midnight Run

Bob De Niro and Charles Grodin in a quality late 80's road movie about a bounty hunter who has 5 days to get a crooked accountant from NYC to LA and claim $100,000 dollars without gettin caught by the feds or the gangsters who want the accountant dead...

Funny stuff, with De Niro on good form...the guy who plays Agent Moseley is quality too...well worth the watch :lol:

8/10

Kiss of Death

David Caruso, Nic Cage and Samuel L Jackson cant save this dire, turgid excuse of a movie...badly acted, badly scripted, badly directed, no plot...there is nothing good to say about it...I am only giving it marks because it is laughable in places... :barf 1 hour and 40 mins of my life I will never get back... <_<

2/10

Midnight Run

Bob De Niro and Charles Grodin in a quality late 80's road movie about a bounty hunter who has 5 days to get a crooked accountant from NYC to LA and claim $100,000 dollars without gettin caught by the feds or the gangsters who want the accountant dead...

Funny stuff, with De Niro on good form...the guy who plays Agent Moseley is quality too...well worth the watch :lol:

8/10

Kiss of Death

David Caruso, Nic Cage and Samuel L Jackson cant save this dire, turgid excuse of a movie...badly acted, badly scripted, badly directed, no plot...there is nothing good to say about it...I am only giving it marks because it is laughable in places... :barf 1 hour and 40 mins of my life I will never get back... <_<

2/10

It was terrible, but I saw it years ago. Does David Caruso try his "acting style" of putting on his sunglasses to convey each and every emotion?

It was terrible, but I saw it years ago. Does David Caruso try his "acting style" of putting on his sunglasses to convey each and every emotion?

Not every emotion - I think you'll find he does sadness by leaning on one knee and gazing off into the middle distance.

Anyway, just bought The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford... it's still a masterpiece, and was robbed like an undiscerning Hearts fan at the Oscars. 10/10, Kermode is correct.

You Kill Me ( 2007 )

This is a good laugh. I'm beginning to really like Luke Wilson. He plays it relatively straight here, while Ben Kingsley is fantastic as well. Tea Leoni is rank rotten though. If I ever see her again, it'll be too soon. Basically, there's a drunk hitman who goes to San Fran to clean himself up. Hilarity ensues.

7/10

The Brood (1979)

An early-ish Cronenberg film, with a very low budget based around a psychologist Dr Raglan (played by the legendary Oliver Reed) who has a house full of lunatics being treated by his special technique.

A guy's wife who has been treated at the centre has been "giving birth" to genetic freak children who carry out whatever she thinks of, including the killing of her parents and her daughter's teacher.

I watched this last night and fell asleep after about half an hour, but after watching the rest this morning it wasn't as bad as the first half hour.

Nothing particularly exciting but a decent enough wee story, and I can't give it a mark below the average just purely for Ollie Reed being in there.

6/10

Splinter ( 2006 )

Basically, some guy's brother gets murdered and the brother can't remember what happened. Too disjointed, but it's a reasonably entertaining movie. Fun to see DDP in there, even if he's a pish actor.

7/10