What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Blues Brothers

10/10 amazing film :D

good songs, good car chases and quite funny :D

Also the next night I watched Blues Brothers 2000 which was pish <_<

4/10 such a dissapointment and they never needed to make that after the success of the original!

That would be why...

Although why they waited so long after a film which made it's money back in rentals alone, one will never know???

I bought a "creature feature" box set with Crocodile 1&2, Octopus 1&2, Spiders 1&2, Shark 1,2&3 and Creature from the Black Lake.

Really have no idea why, as the spider ones sure as hell won't be watched, especially since I have now heard they are pretty crap!

Crocodile was quality though!

Mine's is also a creature feature dvd featuring both spider movies and octopus 1 and 2

Sickle 4/10

More terrifying than texas chainsaw massacre proclaimed the cover, it wasn't, it was pish as well.

Guest Smith-SMFC

Walk The Line

Anyone who likes Johnny Cash, this film summarises his life brilliantly, reese witherspoon and joaquin phoenix are excellent in this.

Well worth a watch :D 9/10

Sickle 4/10

More terrifying than texas chainsaw massacre proclaimed the cover, it wasn't, it was pish as well.

Called the imaginative "The Slaughterhouse Massacre" in the States.

And yes, really shite and less terrifying than the Care Bears movie.

The best bit was thinking will she twist her ankle jumping out that window...yes, with the worst acting response to a twisted ankle ever.

The Lost World (1992)

John Rhys-Davies (LOTR) and David Warner (from Waxwork - go back a few pages) in a family film version of Jurassic Park, harmless fun but more Adventure/Fantasy than Scifi like JP.

It's a decent enough wee film, nothing bad you could really say about it. Sure it was filled with plot-holes and the baby pterodactyl being freed from the zoo at the end was hilariously daft, but all in all a good wee film for the kids (and big weans that like fantasy films)

6/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Juno (2007)

Pretty shit, Got quirkiness hitting you from all angles. Some moments had good acting some moments had awful acting. Juno the character gets more accessible as the film went on. Kimya Dawson like the film is so full of quirkiness it makes me sick. I thought it did improve as the character relationships developed and something made me keep watching so I guess I shall give it a

5/10

Alien 3: Special Edition

Now, I always thought that the theatrical release of Alien 3, whilst not being up to the high standards set by Alien and Aliens, was a very good and underrated movie. I liked how Ripley's story came to a close (we shan't talk of "Resurrection", ever) and thought it tied up the trilogy quite nicely. Sure it was a bit harsh to kill off Hicks and Newt in the first two minutes, but with them it would've been too similar to Aliens. All in all the theatrical release was probably a 7.5/10.

I picked up the Quadrilogy (what the f**k is that all about anyway?) Boxset from HMV for a tenner yesterday and decided to stick in the SE of 3 as I've never seen it before. I must say I much prefer this to the TR. The religious aspect of the inmates is further explored, to the extent that at the start they accept the Aliens arrival as the coming of their apocalypse and that they are about to be judged before God. The Alien no longer bursts almost fully formed from a dog, and the way they do it makes more sense as to why it is so different from the ones in the previous films.

Also Paul Mcganns character "Golic", who in the original release had very little to do apart from get covered in blood and go a bit mental, has a much more important role in this.

The ending is subtly different as well and is probably a more fitting end to the film.

8.5/10

Alien 3: Special Edition

Now, I always thought that the theatrical release of Alien 3, whilst not being up to the high standards set by Alien and Aliens, was a very good and underrated movie. I liked how Ripley's story came to a close (we shan't talk of "Resurrection", ever) and thought it tied up the trilogy quite nicely. Sure it was a bit harsh to kill off Hicks and Newt in the first two minutes, but with them it would've been too similar to Aliens. All in all the theatrical release was probably a 7.5/10.

I picked up the Quadrilogy (what the f**k is that all about anyway?) Boxset from HMV for a tenner yesterday and decided to stick in the SE of 3 as I've never seen it before. I must say I much prefer this to the TR. The religious aspect of the inmates is further explored, to the extent that at the start they accept the Aliens arrival as the coming of their apocalypse and that they are about to be judged before God. The Alien no longer bursts almost fully formed from a dog, and the way they do it makes more sense as to why it is so different from the ones in the previous films.

Also Paul Mcganns character "Golic", who in the original release had very little to do apart from get covered in blood and go a bit mental, has a much more important role in this.

The ending is subtly different as well and is probably a more fitting end to the film.

8.5/10

I got the quadrilogy at Christmas and still haven't got round to watching as I've seen them all before, I'll need to get onto that.

I got the quadrilogy at Christmas and still haven't got round to watching as I've seen them all before, I'll need to get onto that.

Ive had it unopened for about 4 years lol.

They are always on cable, so i watch them now and again on there.

Better Luck Tomorrow ( 2002 )

A movie about a group of Asian Americans who get involved in crime. There's a couple of really pointless scenes, and it's not as smart as it thinks it is. It's a pretty good way to spend your time though. The development of the main character is key to everything going on, right down to the terrific climatic scene. The ending is a bit stupid though, and has a "what was the point of all of this ?" feel to it. Not without it's flaws, but it might be worth taking a look.

7/10

Black Water ( 2007 )

A menacing story of a group of people trying to survive a crocodile attack. Rarely does it get ridiculous, and it's actually pretty good stuff. Too many times a movie like this will have you thinking "idiots !". However, on this occaision, everything they do, you can understand their decisions, as they're forced on most occaisions. The movie manages to make the entire surroundings seem like it can pounce on them at any moment. The first time you see the croc is a cracking moment. Tense and surprisingly low key stuff.

8/10

Man alive what a scary film 9/10

I was a total blouse watching that movie.

Im fine with violence and gore but I turn into a 5 year old girl when it comes to thrillers :P

Anyway,

The Ruins - 5/10. Average Horror. Not bad, not great. Acting was ok, nothing special. Didnt do anything particularly well or badly.

The Cleaner - 7/10- Im a big Samuel L Jackson fan but I appreciate he does some really bad movies (as well as some belters). This was decent. He played a good part and despite a predictable ending it was an enjoyable watch :)

Edited by MattBairn

I-Robot

Another great Will Smith film. 9/10 :)

A much, much better take on the world of Asimov than that monstrosity that was Bicetennial Man (sp?) <_<

Anyway, rewatched Batman Returns for the umpteenth time. Still an absolutely magnificent film. Its beautiful, its dark, its tragic, its funny, its just everything a film should be. 10/10

A Matter of Life and Death - 1947

The subject of the afterlife had appeared in numerous movies before this one but even 60 years after its creation it's one of the best.

David Niven plays an RAF pilot who should have died soon after his radio chat with an American girl but miraculously survives.

Superb use of colour and B&W, everything perfectly directed and acted.

7/10