What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Ivan's Childhood, a Russian film about a 12 year old orphan that works as a scout for the red army.

The film was more about the Ivan's mental state with weird dreams and a punishing solo bit where he plays a game to act out his frustrations and inner torment.

7/10

Everyone's seen it already anyway. It's been on Film 4 umpteen times already and reviewed by everyone on this thread ages ago.

And? That was the last movie I saw and scored it out of ten, if others have different opinions fair enough, but I don't see your point?

And? That was the last movie I saw and scored it out of ten, if others have different opinions fair enough, but I don't see your point?

My point being that I can't post spoilers on a film everyone has seen. Not that what I posted earlier was a spoiler anyway <_<

My point being that I can't post spoilers on a film everyone has seen. Not that what I posted earlier was a spoiler anyway <_<

So your saying that every single person that views this thread has seend Oldboy?

And I never said what you posted was a spoiler I said, I didn't want to give too much away so I just copied the outline of the plot from the TV Guide.

And sorry for the North Korea/Japan thing :)

Watched Zodiac last night and really enjoyed it.

The ending was unusual.

The moment when he met "Lee" in the Hardware Store after the lead character saying "It'll be over when I look him in the eye and I know it's him" earlier in the film, was fab. I can understand why people would be disappointed with it though, expecting more of a showdown perhaps.

Good film though, glad I watched it.

8/10

I thought it was pretty piss poor. More a focus on a journalists life than the actual Zodiac killer. Nothing really scary in it either.

Albert Fish: In Sin He Found Salvation ( 2007 )

It's not easy to rate a documentary lowly when you consider that it's basically a programme dealing in fact, but the dramatisation of events and the stupid layout makes this horrible. This had the potential to be a disturbing account of a sick human being, and instead turns into a laughing stock. I'll give it a couple of points as there are a couple of sick things. Most noteably, the first confession letter.

2/10

Oh, since I'm watching stuff from 2007 just now, here's my top 10 so far.

1. [REC]

2. The Assassination of Jesse James ...

3. There Will Be Blood

4. Into the Wild

5. The Bourne Ultimatum

6. Reign Over Me

7. 1408

8. The Flock

9. Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

10. The Mist

There's LOADS of stuff to go back and rate. I think I'm going to give The Bourne Ultimatum a second watch too, so that's placing might well change.

Edited by DomDom

Watched Zodiac last night and really enjoyed it.

The ending was unusual.

The moment when he met "Lee" in the Hardware Store after the lead character saying "It'll be over when I look him in the eye and I know it's him" earlier in the film, was fab. I can understand why people would be disappointed with it though, expecting more of a showdown perhaps.

Good film though, glad I watched it.

8/10

I thought that was an excellent film, saw it on the on demand thing a while ago. Knew the story in advance (damn biography channel :lol: ) but it was still watchable. R Downey JR was excellent.

Anyway, last film I saw was Evan Almighty. Utter pish, and I want someone to repay me the 2 hours I lost. 0/10

Alvin And The Chipmunks B)

Loved the cartoon when i was younger but still not sure about the film. How about 6.5/10 :)

Gave it 7, would have been 10 if David Cross was ran over by a combine harvester.

Wasn't that the whole point of the film though? :huh:

The way I read it before watching was that it was a film about Glyenhaal and Downey Jr's obsession with the Zodiac killer, not a "scary filum about a serial killer".

Yes it was. The fact that they don't even know who the killer is (IIRC) indicates that they can't even do it as a scary film about a serial killer. I thought it was an excellent film.

This past weekend i watched:-

National Treasures 2:- Same as the first. Entertaining to watch, but nothing more. 6/10.

Fools Gold:- Any Matthew Mcconaughey film is instantly rented by my wife. Atleast it had the Gorgeous Kate Hudson in it. Was also actually pretty funny for a "chick flick". 5/10.

Just invested in 6 DVD's from ASDA so here is the first one watched

Kidulthood (8.5/10)

Very gritty British film. Very fast paced but still develops the characters well. Would advise anyone under the age of 30 to see this.

Up next Cruel Intentions

American Gangster

For a long time, the character development takes more attention than the actual plots, and as a result, a lot of the first half of the movie takes a bit of getting into. Thankfully, this is a second watch and I can appreciate what they're going for more than I could on first viewing. Frank Lucas turns from ruthless gangster to family man within the first hour of the movie, while the transition of Crowe from mumbling and awkward to kick ass cop is less subtle.

It's after this first hour that things begin to get really interesting. The real nitty gritty comes in and there's some riveting stuff. Much better than the first viewing because while it feels like nothing is happening a lot of the time, there's an awful lot to take in. Unfortunately, the movie is far too long.

7/10

Won't be making it into the top 10 yet. Next one I'm gonna watch is Anamorph unless something really good comes on Sky.