What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

This weekend i saw:-

American Gangster. Not as good as i thought it was going to be, but excellent performances from both Crowe and Denzel anyway. 8/10.

Batman Begins - i am not a fan of any of the previous films at all, but i thoroughly enjoyed this one. Christian Bale was excellent - and im looking forward to the next one now. 9/10.

Oceans 13- same as all the previous Oceans films, enjoyable but nothing special. 5.5/10.

The Condemned

Brilliant film with a brilliant story line. 9/10 :)

Please tell me you haven't just rated a film whose "star" names above the credits are Stone Cold Steve Austin and Vinnie Jones as 9/10.

Please tell me you're joking.

Please.

Semi-Pro

Just like the ballad of Ricky Bobby, but with even less humour. Starts quite well, ends really well, but there is an hour of absolute god awful tedium in the middle. It COULD have been excellent, but doesnt quite hit the mark. 3/10

Kontrol

A bulgarian film that follows the lives of some underground railway ticket inspectors in Bulgaria. The Gray Ghost didnt know what to expect from it, but it was truly excellent! 9/10

Please tell me you haven't just rated a film whose "star" names above the credits are Stone Cold Steve Austin and Vinnie Jones as 9/10.

Please.

Just looked through the cast list, and aside from Austin and Jones I don't recognise anyone.

So they ARE the stars.

that's just fucking worrying!

No wait Dione from Neighbours is in it! :lol:

Please.

I have done just that :P

Shes The Man

Ok movie i guess but with Amanda Bynes it gets a few extra points ;) 7/10

16 Blocks

Not the film i expected but it was superb. Great ending aswell. 9/10 :)

Red.

Part of the Edinburgh International Film Festival, Red tells a story of a man seeking justice after some tearaway youngsters kill his dog. Brian Cox stars alongside Tom Sizemore and Robert Englund in minor roles.

I thought it was an interesting film, a little more of a TV movie than a mainstream production. Brian Cox did well adn the film overall was thoughtful. The ending was a bit cheesy and I thought the film 'gave' a bit too much - a similar film is A History of Violence, and that kept a lot back and as such made you think a lot more.

Brian Cox did a small speech after the showing and answered a few questions. I don't think he liked working with Tom Sizemore much :lol:

Off to see Tropa d'Elite on Friday, looking foward to it.

Guest saintslad

Superhero Movie-2/10

A very, very poor movie absolute garbage it would have got 0/10 if it wasnt for Leslie Neilson who gave me the only laughs in the film.

It simply isnt a comedy this film avoid at all costs.

Cleaner

Samuel L Jackson cleans up crime scenes. He gets caught up in something. Simple plot, simple execution with a couple of wee surprises flung in along the way. No complaints from me.

6/10

The Ruins.

One of the most bizarre and ridiculous plots ever but if you're a fan of blood and gore it does what it says on the tin. A bunch of friends vacationing in Mexico are invited along to some old Mayan Ruins with a German guy they meet at their hotel. His friends are on an archaeological dig and they soon discover "something's living in The Ruins" when they go to meet up with them.

You can guess the rest.

5/10.

Edited by LargsTON

The Ruins

Laughable, stupid and downright shite. Thankfully, it doesn't have many of the old cliches, but in saying that, maybe horror movies simply need them. Certainly if this is anything to go by. The phone ringing mini-plot is honestly the most hilarious thing I have seen in a movie in a long time.

So we're going into the so bad it's funny territory, which saves it from the 0/10 rating. What also saves it from the 0 is

the plants speaking like munchkins

2/10

The Escapist

Excellent prison break movie, starring Brian Cox. It differs from other films in this genre by flashing back and forward right from the off. The movie starts with the group begining their break out, and then jumps back to a few days previously. It carrys on like this all through, so you're always trying to fill in the blanks from what you have seen to what you know will happen.

Cox is excellent, and all the other main protagonists are equally good. Damien Lewis is particularly good in the fairly small amount of screen time he gets as the prisons head con.

Can't really say too much more about it, because to do so would spoil a very clever ending. A second viewing is required I think

8.5/10

The Hitcher ( 2007 )

You know, this is actually alright. Have never had the privelage of seeing the original. I'd imagine Hauer is MUCH better than Bean. Infact, a lot of the acting in the movie is a bit bush league. And the choice of music at points is bizarre to say the least. The main thing that this movie has going for it is plausibility. Untill a point towards the end which would be spoilers if I posted it.

It's a good fun ride while it's on, and has a scene which I adore. Watched it four times before deciding to continue to watch the movie.

7/10

The Hitcher ( 2007 )

You know, this is actually alright. Have never had the privelage of seeing the original. I'd imagine Hauer is MUCH better than Bean. Infact, a lot of the acting in the movie is a bit bush league. And the choice of music at points is bizarre to say the least. The main thing that this movie has going for it is plausibility. Untill a point towards the end which would be spoilers if I posted it.

It's a good fun ride while it's on, and has a scene which I adore. Watched it four times before deciding to continue to watch the movie.

7/10

You really need to watch the original mate, Hauer is awesome. The film itself is pretty average, but Hauer's performance makes it worth going out and buying it right now!

We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story (1993)

Your average kids film but with Spielberg tagged on allowing it to get a better cast than a normal non-Disney cartoon film (John Goodman, Yeardley Smith [Lisa Simpson], Jay Leno, Walter Cronkite, Larry King.

My annoyance of blind old ladies that walk about bumping into things in cartoons takes the mark down to 6/10

Also has a pretty cool song with Little Richard (I think)!

Roll back the rock (roll back the rock)

Turn back the clock (turn back the clock)

Roll back the rock to dawn of time

And sing this song with me!

Lord Of War

Really good film and since it was based on true events it made it even better. 8/10 :)

The Butterfly Effect

I loved this film when i first seen it 3 years ago and watched it for my socond time last night. Superb film 10/10 :ph34r:

Help Im a Fish

Finally got round to watching it last night, after buying the dvd 3 years ago, and it was bloody fantastic! Definately not Disney, there is blood, and people (well, fish) die in it. Such an amazing cartoon film though, loved it!

9/10