What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Unfortunately i just can't agree with that.

Anyhow, wanted to ask something, am i way way off the mark thinking that there is a major link between Tommy Lee Jones, and Javier Bardem? not in that he can't understand the evil, but more that he is the same person? It was just the part where he goes into the hotel room at the end, and he also describes perfectly the pressure cannister that Bardem uses to open doors, yet mentions he has no idea about how he was doing it.

edited to put it in spoilers.

Sorry. Just picked this up.

I don't understand what you don't agree with.

You're right- their is a major link in that they are complete opposites. So much opposite that Bell can't comprehend Chigurh and that's why he's always one step behind. He almost works out the pressure cannister. However, because he can't fully comprehend Chigurh or get a picture of him- he's always one step behind. Leading to this feeling of helplessness he has.

They are not the same person. The reason they are not in the same scene (apart from the hotel scene) is to highlight the fact that Bell never quite "gets" Chigurh.

It is the opposite of most movies in that complete evil wins/gets away with it.

Edited by josecomehome

I saw I am Legend last night. A good film, well worth watching. Will Smith is excellent. 9/10

Having said that 28 Days/Weeks later did the virus thing better.

Edited by jester

Alien Resurrection (1997)

5/10

The poorest of the series, assuming we're not counting Paul WS Anderson's crap-fest as part of the series...

No, we're most definetely not counting the two AvP movies as part of the series.

And Resurrection was appaling. They really need to do a Batman Begins on this franchise and reboot it. Maybe pick up after Alien3 and ignore anything that's came since then.

Never mind that one, I'm looking forward to this one

At least that one's a remake of a passable but not great film, so may not be terrible...

But the afore-mentioned sequel to a shite film is going to be horrendous!!!!

Obviously it'll still be watched though! :lol:

Sorry. Just picked this up.

I don't understand what you don't agree with.

I don't agree it was a 10/10 and the best film of the year. I thought it was very poor considering it was the Coen brothers.

No, we're most definetely not counting the two AvP movies as part of the series.

And Resurrection was appaling. They really need to do a Batman Begins on this franchise and reboot it. Maybe pick up after Alien3 and ignore anything that's came since then.

No no no no, just no. They should come out, remove all traces of Alien res/AVP and state that the end of Alien3 was the end of the series. Ripley died, the Aliens are now extinct, end of.

No no no no, just no. They should come out, remove all traces of Alien res/AVP and state that the end of Alien3 was the end of the series. Ripley died, the Aliens are now extinct, end of.

I agree that Ripley should stay dead, but there was still plenty of story left to be told.

I agree that Ripley should stay dead, but there was still plenty of story left to be told.

What story was there left to be told? In alien, they stumbled upon the alien race for the first time, Ripley "won the day" after which they sent the "atmosphere team" or whatever they were told, then Ripley et al went there to save the day again, wiped out the Queen and in effect all the aliens. Alien 3 has the "crash" into the prison planet, and Alien ravages the convicts, that Alien is killed, and Ripley commits suicide with the Queen - no more Aliens. The only "stories" are the pre-human contact (no better than Predator vs Alien), the missing link between Alien and Aliens - which was filled in in Aliens special edition (and hence no need to make a new film) and then anything after Alien 3 - i.e. Alien Ressurection/Alien vs Predator. There is no story left untold.

Edited by bluetooner

Woah woah woah, whats this talk of alien movies after Alien 3. They can't exist. Can they??? AvP???? Alien Ressurection??? you guys are smoking something pretty strong.

Halloween (Rob Zombie remake) 4/10 didn't really like it tbh

Golden Compass - 5/10 they missed alot of stuff from the book and chose to play up the "dust" angle at the start and pussied out of the bad church angle as well. Plus whats with the ending, thats only about half way through the 1st freaking book.

No no no no no no no. There are no "spinoffs" you are making these up, liar liar pants on fire. Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Predator are the only films containing these monsters. You must be getting muddled up with ripoff movies with nearly the same names that have gone direct to dvd.

Woah woah woah, whats this talk of alien movies after Alien 3. They can't exist. Can they??? AvP???? Alien Ressurection??? you guys are smoking something pretty strong.

:lol:

Golden Compass - 5/10 they missed alot of stuff from the book and chose to play up the "dust" angle at the start and pussied out of the bad church angle as well. Plus whats with the ending, thats only about half way through the 1st freaking book.

There is another 2 films on the way, they will probably go into it. It would have stopped at an appropriate ending for the first film.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Its OK. Russell Brand is pretty good in it and I've always thought he was a twat.

Yeah i was suprised how good he was in the film aswell. The last half hour had me and my mates in stitches. :lol:

9/10

Aye I realise that they are doing the 3 books but the cliffhanger in the book is waaaaaaaaaay cooler and on the plus side the kids watching would start crying.

Roger gets killed by Asrael and this opens a rift/portal into another world which he steps through and then Lyra follows.

a much better ending than the movie.

Aye I realise that they are doing the 3 books but the cliffhanger in the book is waaaaaaaaaay cooler and on the plus side the kids watching would start crying.

Roger gets killed by Asrael and this opens a rift/portal into another world which he steps through and then Lyra follows.

a much better ending than the movie.

Yeah, but there may well be time constraints as to why the first film is shorter than the first book, in terms of storyline. (i haven't seen it yet, so can't say if it is a bad time to stop).