What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Mr Brooks, a taut serial killer thriller with Kevin Costner. This made little impact at the box office but is well worth seeking out on DVD.

8/10

Watched this on Friday night. Thought it was outstanding. William Hurt is excellent as Costners sadistic, and incredibly perceptive, conscience. Costner played the part of Mr Brooks superbly and it was well worth the purchase.

Just seen In Bruges with colin farrell and glendan Breeson. I nearly passed out I was laughing so much. The humour will probably not be to everyones taste as it can be pretty un PC with child molesting jokes and midgets getting the piss ripped out of them. For me it's the funniest film I've seen in about 2 years and I have seen alot of the "comedies" that have been released in that time as well.

10/10 for me but if the humour isnt to your taste it'll be a 5 or a 6/10 I reckons

I also thought it pretty funny.

Good characters and dialogue.

You can see where it's going and THAT can never be a happy ending.

Not enough twists at the end to be really satisfying but a well worth-going-to picture!!! :)

Thunderball - overlong, badly edited and featuring never ending underwater scenes - 6/10.

I also thought it pretty funny.

Good characters and dialogue.

You can see where it's going and THAT can never be a happy ending.

Not enough twists at the end to be really satisfying but a well worth-going-to picture!!! :)

I'd agree with that. Great performances from Farrell and Gleeson, very funny in parts but also quite moving.

Also thought Fiennes was brilliant as the cockney thug type, bit different for him but he's a fine actor.

Watched 'Fracture' on Sky Anytime last night. Really enjoyed it despite of the somewhat hackneyed plot. Anthony Hopkins plays a kind of toned down Hannibal Lecter playing games with hotshot lawyer Ryan Gosling after he murders his own wife. Some clever scenes unil the end which is a bit of a cop-out. Still, good acting by the two leads, and an enjoyable movie.

7/10.

Monkey Shines (1988)

7/10

George A Romero before he went crazy and started adding extra shit onto his Living Dead series. It really was genius how well they managed to train the monkey to look after the paraplegic guy!

Not exactly a horror, as such, but a few people are killed.

I want a trained pet monkey like this one, if she carries out murders for me as well then all the better!

Apt Pupil

Some amazing scenes in this movie. There's times when it doesn't feel like a Stephen King story. Anyways, Renfro and McKellen's characters are both very sick and twisted. Renfro in particular is unsettling to watch. It's mainly because of this that the movie is so watchable.

7/10

Edited by DomDom

Also thought Fiennes was brilliant as the cockney thug type, bit different for him but he's a fine actor.

I'd agree with that, altho...

Just hearing his voice on the phone I was certain it was Ben Kingsley doing a reprise of his role in Sexy Beast - the most appalling scary charcter I've seen on screen. :o

I wonder if Fiennes had the same voice coach? (I'm a saddo who stays to read the credits and noticed that he had one for THAT!).

Cop Land - 8/10

Brilliant film. A tremendous cast with Stallone giving the performance of his life as the small town cop slowly realising almost everyone around him is corrupt.

The 1hr 40 flew by and that's always a good sign.

Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000)

7/10

Was a decent film and probably sitting around a 6 until the last minute uncredited cameo of Rebecca Gayheart (Urban Legend & Scream 2) brought it up a notch!

Was far better than it had any right to be, going to watch the third one in a minute which should be around a 6, but you never know!

Urban Legends: Bloody Mary (2005) (V)

4/10

Ow, this one was terrible. Nothing could save this after-thought! In the way as Scream 3, is kind of, well, meh! But worse, at least Scream 3 was funny.

Just hearing his voice on the phone I was certain it was Ben Kingsley doing a reprise of his role in Sexy Beast - the most appalling scary charcter I've seen on screen. :o

Now, there's a film. Ben Kingsley is just total genious as Don.

"We could make a suitcase ou of you. Like a crocodile, fat crocodile, fat b*****d".

Blazing Saddles - 9/10

Clever way to take a dig at racism, and absolutely hilarious at the same time.

Personally i don't think there was anything "clever" about it - it is certainly hilarious however - a 10/10 film.

I went to see REC last night.

I'm loving this current crop of Spanish horror - not looking forward to the American remakes though!

This film is excellent. Cloverfield seems to be responsible for a new wave of shakycam films, and this one is great. Very claustrophobic, lots of jumpy bits, the main chick in it is very hot.

I like. Go see.

I went to see it on Sunday night and it was one of the best films I've seen in a while. It was on a different planet from the previous shakycam films I've seen. Full credit to whoever the Director was, it was amazingly well made and one of the few films I've ever thought was genuinely creepy.