What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Saw III was something I looked forward to. Wish I hadn't watched it now as it lost the story and went for the gross-out factor.Then at the end, sets it's self up for.......

Wouldn't bother going any further than I & II.

Edited for score: 2/10

No it didn't :huh:

I watched Saw IV last weekend. 7/10 - lost points for things being way way too obvious, and also didn't give any explanation for

why the cop was the one that was doing everything

. I assume that is going to be the main storyline for the 5th (and hopefully final) film in the series.

Me and my girlfriend went to see The Other Boleyn Girl tonight.

Thoroughly enjoyed it - I don't know how much of it was based on fact, and I expect it's been tarted up a bit. But good performances all round from the main and supporting cast and a very interesting insight into the corridors of power in Tudor England.

I'd give it an 8/10.

Edited by Gaz

Me and my girlfriend went to see The Other Boleyn Girl tonight.

Thoroughly enjoyed it - I don't know how much of it was based on fact, and I expect it's been tarted up a bit. But good performances all round from the main and supporting cast and a very interesting insight into the corridors of power in Tudor England.

I'd give it an 8/10.

Plus a double team of Scarlett Johanssen and Natalie Portman can't be bad.

Just watched Enduring Love. 6/10

Odd kind of a film based on an Ian McEwan novel which deals with themes of obsession and the true nature of love *yawn*. Like a lot of British films which star the usual luvvie suspects, it comes across as a bit cold. None of the characters are particularly likeable and the actings a bit hammy, even Samantha Morton who's excellent usually.

However, it's worth watching solely for the opening scene which I rank as one of the best I've EVER seen. It's a brilliant piece of filmmaking.

Lord of the Rings. Fellowship of the Ring 8/10 and Two Towers 9/10. After re-reading the book for the 1st time in a year or two I thought I'd watch the films again. Forgot how much I enjoyed Two Towers. Going to watch Return of the King tonight or tomorrow night then start on the Extended Versions :nerd:

Well watched Return of the King 8/10 I forgot just how long the ending(s) are it just seems to drag on and on and on.

My preference is TT, FOTR then ROTK.

No it didn't :huh:

I watched Saw IV last weekend. 7/10 - lost points for things being way way too obvious, and also didn't give any explanation for

why the cop was the one that was doing everything

. I assume that is going to be the main storyline for the 5th (and hopefully final) film in the series.

Tobin Bell is going to make Stalked next year (a Lovecraft film), and only had a 5 film deal, so that should be the last one.

Tobin Bell is going to make Stalked next year (a Lovecraft film), and only had a 5 film deal, so that should be the last one.

The problem is, if it continues to make money, they may well continue to make more. I think 3 would have been a nice ending, but i can see a need to tie up the loose ends i described before in a 5th film.

Saw Vantage Point today in the ol' cinema and enjoyed it. A solid film nothing too spectacular but I had figured out the bad guys in the 1st replay of the incident. For those not aware Vantage point shows the same incident from around 6 or 7 viewpoints before contiuing with the story. Intresting premise but didn't, to my mind, work very well. 6/10 just above average

Diary of the Dead (2007)

6/10

Just a parody of the three main films in the series, and couldn't be considered a horror movie.

the role of Debra was crying out to be played by Eliza Dushku, but they gave it Michelle Morgan who did an okay job, if nothing spectacular!

Watched the first half hour of 'Pulse' earlier tonight, and had to turn it off, it was that bad.

I won't score it as I never saw it all, but unless it got considerably better, it wouldn't rank much higher than a 1 or a 2.

Watched the first half hour of 'Pulse' earlier tonight, and had to turn it off, it was that bad.

I won't score it as I never saw it all, but unless it got considerably better, it wouldn't rank much higher than a 1 or a 2.

IMDb average sitting at 4.3, so a 2 is probably what it would have ended... the Americans way over estimate on almost every single film!

Pulse was incredibly shit, and gets 0/10 for having no redeeming qualities.

The Ipcress File

Part of Sky Movies Michael Caine obsession just now, this movie shows just how bad he could actually be. The worst of the cast. The story is pretty engaging though, even if it does get a little ridiculous towards the end. Probably worth over an hour of your life just to have a wee bit of fun with, but it's not great.

6/10

The Hitcher (1986)

7/10

Dutchman Rutger Hauer in an impressive role that it took him around 20 years to get back into mainstream cinema, after suffering flops like Buffy the Vampire Slayer in between!