What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Blood and Chocolate (2007)

8/10

Best 12 certificate horror I've seen since Gremlins 2 (actually it was probably better in that it didn't have Hulk Hogan in it!), okay there haven't been many but still! Very good, Agnes Bruckner and Hugh Dancy do brilliantly at making the first werewolf film I've ever seen that was good without vampires to save the day!

Judgement at Nuremburg

A classic courtroom drama and commentary on individual responsibility vs state control. 3 hours long and they fly past. Starring Spencer Tracy, Maximillian Schell, Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift, Marlene Deitrich, Judy Garland (and William Shatner :lol: )

I think Montgomery Clift got an Oscar (or maybe a nomination) for his extremely brief yet powerful role in that film.

I think Montgomery Clift got an Oscar (or maybe a nomination) for his extremely brief yet powerful role in that film.

He got a nomination for it. Quite impressive, considering:-

"The film's Director, Stanley Kramer, later wrote in his memoirs about how Clift - by this stage a wreck of a man - struggled to remember his lines even for this one scene: "Finally I said to him, 'Just forget the damn lines Monty. Let's say you're on the witness stand. The prosecutor says something to you, then the defense attorney bitterly attacks you, and you have to reach for a word in the script. That's all right. Go ahead and reach for it. Whatever the word may be, it doesn't really matter. Just turn to [spencer] Tracy on the bench whenever you feel the need, and ad lib something. It will be all right because it will convey the confusion in your character's mind.' He seemed to calm down after this. He wasn't always close to the script, but whatever he said fitted in perfectly, and he came through with as good a performance as I had hoped."

Finally got around to seeing Pan's Labyrinth last night. It has garnered any number of superlative praises, and all thoroughly deserved. An adult fairy tale, if you will. A genuine masterpiece, of which I have see quite a few recently. 10/10 for making me laugh, cry and think.

Sweeney Todd - 9/10

Pure entertainment with a dark side.

Eagle vs. Shark 7/10

Slightly annoying at parts, but funny and heart-warming enough to make up for that.

Superbad - 6/10

Plenty of funny soundbite type moments that make up for a pretty poor film.

Just back from seeing Cloverfield. I refuse to give it a mark out of ten as it wasn't good enough to get 0/10. Had an interesting premise but was in fact shit. I paid nearly £7 to see this pile of shit, I must have M-U-G tattooed on my forehead. Download this pile of shit if you must but under no circumstances pay to see this.
Also just back from seeing cloverfield.

Pretty awfull movie.

Basically its Godzilla meets blair witch project, and its as bad as it sounds.

1 out of 10

Saw Cloverfield tonight and quite enjoyed it. Think it's going to be one of these films where you either love it or hate it. You won't think it's okay. Very much like Blair With Project meets Independence Day meets Godzilla.

You don't see much of the monster which I think is good because the fleeting glimpses help build the suspense throughout the film. The camera style helped to integrate you into the film more. The special effects were okay but the cast weren't the best. Never really wanted them to survive and was quite happy when some died.

Still, enjoyable enough and a pretty solid 7/10.

Blair Witch: Godzilla

Shite. 2/10

Cloverfield - 4/10

Kind of interesting story but you just never see whats going on, no explanations, no revelations, and quite possibly the poorest ending to a film there has ever been.

Cloverfields, shite.

After making 150% of its costs in its American opening weekend they have announced a sequel to be made next year.

After making 150% of its costs in its American opening weekend they have announced a sequel to be made next year.

You see thats where they are being very fucking stupid. IT made a hell of a lot due to the marketing campaign- which was obviously very well done. Now everyone knows it is shite, and the sequel will lose them money (like BW2 probably did). Better to end it and enjoy the money.

You see thats where they are being very fucking stupid. IT made a hell of a lot due to the marketing campaign- which was obviously very well done. Now everyone knows it is shite, and the sequel will lose them money (like BW2 probably did). Better to end it and enjoy the money.

I read an interview with JJ Abrahms where he said that during the movie you see another boy filming with another camcorder (I think it's the bit on the bridge). He sees that as being a character from another movie about this telling the story from a different point of view.

So it'll be another shiter then.

The only good thing I can remember is the "accidental" shots up one of the lassies dresses as they're climbing up the roof of a building.