What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Got the two you mentioned as well as 4 others, including Dial M For Murder obviously, at Christmas.

I wants The Birds and Pyscho off the top of my head. Hitchcock films are fantastic. Don't think the younger folk on here would enjoy them though.

Both in the box set along with

• Shadow of a Doubt
  • Frenzy
  • Topaz
  • Family Plot
  • Torn Curtain
  • The Man Who Knew Too Much (Stewart/Day version)
  • The Trouble with Harry
  • Marnie
  • Rope
  • Rear Window
  • Vertigo
  • and Sabotuer

All full DVDs with extras (deleted scenes etc)

A Scanner Darkly.

I watched the second half of this film last night, after watching the start about 3 or 4 times previously. I just can't get into it at all. There's times where I think it's quite good but it's tough going for me. I think I will have to sit through the whole film to give it an accurate score but at the moment 5/10

I thought it was terrific. Not a huge SF fan as a general rule, but it maintained enough earthliness to sustain my attention.

I really enjoyed A Scanner Darkly, I think having Keanu in half-cartoon form made his acting a bit more bearable :P

Watched The Wedding Singer the other night, quite amusing feel-good thing that I'd never seen before. 6/10

Just back from seeing Cloverfield. I refuse to give it a mark out of ten as it wasn't good enough to get 0/10. Had an interesting premise but was in fact shit. I paid nearly £7 to see this pile of shit, I must have M-U-G tattooed on my forehead. Download this pile of shit if you must but under no circumstances pay to see this.

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead.

Heist-gone-wrong thriller by Sidney Lumet, starring Ethan Hawke, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Albert Finney.

To be honest, when I'd seen the reviews I expected a bit more. It was a good story and the performances, as you'd expect, were magnificent (Seymour Hoffman in particular as a yuppie slowly disintegrating into madness) but it didn't grab me, it wasn't engaging enough.

Saw Cloverfield tonight and quite enjoyed it. Think it's going to be one of these films where you either love it or hate it. You won't think it's okay. Very much like Blair With Project meets Independence Day meets Godzilla.

You don't see much of the monster which I think is good because the fleeting glimpses help build the suspense throughout the film. The camera style helped to integrate you into the film more. The special effects were okay but the cast weren't the best. Never really wanted them to survive and was quite happy when some died.

Still, enjoyable enough and a pretty solid 7/10.

Watched The Wedding Singer the other night, quite amusing feel-good thing that I'd never seen before. 6/10

'But it was all bullshit...' Great wee film to cuddle up to with the missus.

The Italian Job - the original with Caine. 8/10. Might download Zulu now...

National Treasure. I quite liked this, bit of a guilty pleasure maybe, but it moved along quite fine, keeping in mind it was Disney produced some of the acting was quite cheesy but all in all it was enjoyable, think i'll go see the sequel at the cinema. It does rip off the Da Vinci Code mind you. 6.5/10

This is England. Quality, liked this a lot despite the title. The wee boy does a good job, liked the dialogue, some funny bits aswell as the serious undertone. A deserving 8/10.

Idiocracy

Luke Wilson as a soldier who wakes up 500 years in the future to discover he's the most intelligent man on Earth.

Don't waste your time sitting through 81 minutes of this claptrap that you'll never get back. Didn't raie one single laugh at all. Absolutely awful. Even the female co-star was a munter. :(

1/10

Back to the Future (1985)

7/10

Nice wee movie, nothing more though!

Lat sau san taam (1992)

6/10

Dear God John Woo films can be repetitive as f**k! Bit of a monotonous snooze fest.

Worst film of the four I've seen of his. (Although 2 were 7s, and one was a slightly better 6, hardly great...)

Judgement at Nuremburg

A classic courtroom drama and commentary on individual responsibility vs state control. 3 hours long and they fly past. Starring Spencer Tracy, Maximillian Schell, Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift, Marlene Deitrich, Judy Garland (and William Shatner :lol: )

Cloverfield - 4/10

Kind of interesting story but you just never see whats going on, no explanations, no revelations, and quite possibly the poorest ending to a film there has ever been.

Also just back from seeing cloverfield.

Pretty awfull movie.

Basically its Godzilla meets blair witch project, and its as bad as it sounds.

1 out of 10

Exactly what i thought watching the trailers. Thats why i won't be paying to see it.