What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Watched Tombstone on Tv last night, hadn't seen it since it first came out, what a fuckin brilliant film, you just cannae beat a good western!!!

Admittedly it does get a bit disjointed in the last 45 minutes after ol' Wyatt has left Tombstone and is hunting down The Cowboys, seems very like that part was just flung together or maybe there is a 5 hour Director's Cut in the making at some point in the future!!!

8/10 ( but would have been a 10 if it wasn't for the last 45minutes)

tombstone.jpg

Edited by King Kebab

Watched Tombstone on Tv last night, hadn't seen it since it first came out, what a fuckin brilliant film, you just cannae beat a good western!!!

Admittedly it does get a bit disjointed in the last 45 minutes after ol' Wyatt has left Tombstone and is hunting down The Cowboys, seems very like that part was just flung together or maybe there is a 5 hour Director's Cut in the making at some point in the future!!!

8/10 ( but would have been a 10 if it wasn't for the last 45minutes)

tombstone.jpg

You should have watched Kevin Costners Wyatt Earp on Five last night. It's by far the better film

Alien Verses Predator: Requiem.

Sort of forced into seeing it, we were supposed to be bowling but it was full, and AVP was the only film starting within the hour.

Left after about an hour, everyone I was with agreed it was utterly bollocks. Probably didn't help that none of us had seen anything more than 1 film from the Alien/Predator series. I imagine it is still shite even if you have the rest of the films.

I checked to see how it ended, and half an hour into the film I'd correctly guessed who'd survive.

I saw that on Sunday and agree - it was nothin short of abysmal. You could never see the fight scenes between the Predator/Aliens/PredAlien and the storyline was dreadful. I was close to applauding as the cast was whittled down as the story "progressed". No surprises about the ending or who survived. I did have a laugh when the blonde lassie was impaled on one of the Predators shurikens. Other than that it was dreadful. I stayed till the end for comedy value although two guys next to me left 30 minutes before the end with one remarking "I can't believe I belew off seeing my bird for this shit" :lol:

1/10 and that's only for the brilliant line by one woman who said "But the Government wouldn't lie to us would they?"

Guest Kincardine

Took one of the kids to see The Golden Compass on Saturday.

On the plus side, it was visually stunning.

On the minus side it was a confusing story if you'd not read the book.

5/10

Transformers - 8.5/10

Quality film that looked awesome on my 42" LCD TV!!! And megan fox is smokin hot!!!!

My brother in law has a projecter/screen which we watched it on xmas day :D beats your 42" LCD TV. He also has a $10,000 speakers system :D

Took one of the kids to see The Golden Compass on Saturday.

On the plus side, it was visually stunning.

On the minus side it was a confusing story if you'd not read the book.

5/10

I think that is going to be the problem with most people who see it. I enjoyed reading the books, but i couldn't think how the film would work. If you haven't read the book, i don't think you will enjoy it.

28 weeks later , watched it last night thought the first film was really good but the 2nd one didnt offer much more pretty dissapointed was too much like land of the dead

6/10

Alien vs Predator Requiem

First of all who the hell thought of the title??? lol

Again the 1st film was pretty decent despite the slating it got by the critics, this could of been another good film but was pretty poor with a crap ending 5/10

Oops nearly forgot. Watched the Kingdom on Sunday. Pretty good movie, plenty of action and a great storyline (for a movie). The ending also summed up the reason this is never going to stop. Too many stubborn fuckers on all sides :(

8/10.

Watched Zodiac again to see if it was as good as the first time -which I watched on a plane and couldn't read the subtitles. To my mind it is David Fincher's best work - even if the making of video shows him to be a wig-wearing twat of the highest order. Really tense, and superbly acted. 9/10

Watched No Country For Old Men, brilliantly acted, but nowhere near the masterpiece I was expecting. 7/10

Zodiac and The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford were both grossly overlooked by the Oscars people. Both superior films.

Bubba Ho-tep (2002)

4/10

Sorry but a film about Hossam Hassan (Egypt's record caps holder) rimming an Elvis impersonator is neither funny, nor entertaining.

The 4 points are sympathy votes for Bruce, who despite this crap is still a living legend.

You should have watched Kevin Costners Wyatt Earp on Five last night. It's by far the better film

Seen it, and yes I enjoyed it, it is very good and is probably the better film in regards to historical accuracy, but I do think Tombstone is the more exciting, actiony (is that a word) Western!!!

Both are fine but totally different versions of the same story!!!