What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)

9/10

Liked this one even better than the first one. Not quite sure where they'll go with "Silver Surfer" next year, this was a good way to bow out of the Fantastic Four series, rather than make another film about a minor character.

Looked out an older movie, Se7en, just for the sheer hell of it, and good lord, that's a creepy movie. Top notch atmosphere, although Morgan Freeman is pretty inane as he is in most movies - see the aforementioned Shawshank Redemption. Still, with brainless rubbish like the Bourne... this reminds you that hollywood is capable of excellent if sporadic moments. 8/10.

Morgan Freeman *makes* the SR

His delivery of, what is essentially a narration, turns what might have been an ordinary prison drama, into masterpiece thas it is.

This from you, who spunked into a bucket over Lost in Translation...

Hollywoodland

I thought this was a really good examination of fame. Ben Affleck actaully acted (I know, I wasn't expecting it either!) and Adrian Brody managed to make a PI look as bedraggled as in any Sam Spade book.

7/10

No Country for Old Men

I should probably start by saying that The Big Lebowski and Fargo are probably two of my favourite movies, so this will be biased.

After a couple of mediocre (by their standards anyway) offerings from the brothers Coen, this is a major return to form. This film has possibly the best bad guy ever put onto the screen, with a rather novel way of doing away with people.

All the main actors are just tremendous, especially Tommy Lee Jones and Javier Bardem as the seriously bad guy.

As with all the Coen's movies there is a major streak of black humour running through this, which somehow sits perfectly with the often brutal violence.

10/10

I actually watched this again, and if anything it get's better on a second viewing. Get your arses to the cinema!

no country for old men

fantastic film , the best Coen Brother film since Blood Simple , since no film is perfect have to give it 9.5 out of 10

flood

worst film i have seen in about 10 years , the acting was dreadful , special effects utter pish 1 out of 10

i am legend

a poor man's 28 Days Later , once you have seen 28 days then you know the score with this , Will Smith is the only shining light in the film 5 out of 10

in the valley of elah

toomy lee jones is excellent , very good film , about something topical in todays society 8 out of 10

inland empire and southland tales

complete mind f-u-c-k-s , i have watched them both twice and still don't quite get it fully because it went over my head give it 6 out of 10

cloverfield

in the process of downloading it , it better be worth the hype

The Dead One (1961)

1/10

Horror, 12 certificate. That kind of tells you enough, but in case it doesn't... two people die, one is shot by police, the other dies of fainting by the looks of it.

No point to this crap whatsoever, at least the butler was a black guy called Ben, so that made me laugh slightly as I decided he was called Benson.

Silent Night, Bloody Night (1974)

2/10

Gets a better mark as at least something actually happened and it did have a slight amount of suspense. A few funny deaths, including someone killed by an inmate that looked like Jesus... has to be worth at least something! Although the crazy mother-fuckers giving this 8/10 on IMDb reviews need their heads examined!!

cloverfield

in the process of downloading it , it better be worth the hype

I have the feeling it is going to be another Blair Witch.

Watched Beowulf last night. Was actually shocked at it at first, with the levels of nudity and violence not quite what you would expect for a PG/13 movie. The thought of a naked Anthony Hopkins is frightening. However that is more than made up by a "naked" Angelina Jolie. Pretty good story, some of the graphics for it was excellent. 6/10 overall.

I have the feeling it is going to be another Blair Witch.

Watched Beowulf last night. Was actually shocked at it at first, with the levels of nudity and violence not quite what you would expect for a PG/13 movie. The thought of a naked Anthony Hopkins is frightening. However that is more than made up by a "naked" Angelina Jolie. Pretty good story, some of the graphics for it was excellent. 6/10 overall.

PG-13 means 15 over here, the same as Die Hard, Braveheart and It. You can get away with most things in a PG-13.

PG-13 means 15 over here, the same as Die Hard, Braveheart and It. You can get away with most things in a PG-13.

Yeah, but it still doesn't alter the intial "shock". If that was non-cgi it would have been an 18 id guess.

Went to see Sweeny Todd the demon barber of fleet street on sat night

as my mate told me this version does'nt have any singing in it,lying f**k

was winding me up there's actually no talking in it,it's all fooking singing,

was not my cup of tea...

4/10

Edited by Larsson.

Went to see Sweeny Todd the demon barber of fleet street on sat night

as my mate told me this version does'nt have any singing in it,lying f**k

was winding me up there's actually no talking in it 2 of fooking singing

was not my cup of tea...

4/10

It's a musical you dos c**t! Without the singing it'd be terrible... see Little Shop of Horrors with Jack Nicholson! :lol:

It's a musical you dos c**t! Without the singing it'd be terrible... see Little Shop of Horrors with Jack Nicholson! :lol:

There's also quite a bit of dialogue in it. I think he's watched a different film :lol: