What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Last King Of Scotland - 7/10

I did enjoy it but it wasn't quite as good as what I was expecting/hoping. Obviously the performance from Whittaker was outstanding (it's not often you can say that eh Rangers fans? ;) ) and McEvoy puts in an excellent turn as well but I was expecting a masterpiece, a genuine ten out of ten thrill of a movie but it just didn't quite grab me like I thought it might.

Still a decent couple of hours :)

I thought it was excellent. 10/10 from me.

Zodiac

Decent but not quite what i hoped for. 8/10

Hot Fuzz

Good fun, somewhat spoiled by a scratched DVD. 8/10

Harry and the Hendersons

More good fun. 7/10

The Birds

Tremendous as always. They are remaking this for release in 2009 with Naomi Watts playing the Tippi Hedren role. 10/10

Inland Empire

Some of the acting in this movie is truly horrendous. However, that's the only real downside to this one, as it keeps you watching from the first minute to the last. And while some performances are horrible, it doesn't stop Laura Derns from having a fantastic one. The main good thing about this movie is the visual stuff. It does get a bit weird at times ( understatement ) and this can be off putting some of the way, but amazingly, by the end, you do make some sense of what came before.

8/10

I love pretty much everything Lynch has done and I often think the acting is pretty horrendous in them. The conversations seem completely unnatural but in some ways that often adds to the effect of them.

I absolutely loved Inland Empire but it makes his previous stuff like Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive seem positively simple in terms of the plot. With them half the fun was trying to piece it together and make sense of it - with Inland Empire it's just a case of losing yourself in it's endless twists and turns.

Over the Xmas period.....

We Own the Night

A disappointing 4/10. Even the fact that Joaquin was in in it couldn't pull it over the half way mark.

:(

Dreamgirls 6/10

The Queen 7/10

Haven't watched DVD's I got for Xmas yet

The Goonies and Bourne Ultimatum :D:D

This is a touchy subject round me at present!

P.S I love you.

I must explain my actions. My wife is pregnant and is going through the frightening hormone stage were one minute she is happy the next she can give you a look that says "I will rip your balls off and feed them to the cats!!!" So my arguement to go see I am legend went out the window right away.

For what it's worth 1/10 and a waste of 2 hours of my life!!

Thankfully I finally have Die Hard 4.0 to redress the balance!!!!! :D

Knocked Up 9/10

Just a sweet, funny, likeable, feelgood film.

It's best in the first hour or so; there's a LOL moment every minute, however it dips a bit 3/4 in. The ending is as touching and heartwarming as any other film I've and it doesn't resort to sickly, insincere sentimentality.