What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Still not seen the original :(

I am actually shocked by that. I thought the work of John Carpenter would be sought out by a horror buff like yourself. I remember watching The Fog when I was quite wee and not being scared by it at all. To put in persepctive, I was scared of the goblins in the woods of Wind in the Willows!

The last film I seen was the Golden Compass. Avoid at all costs. It was boring and rubbish. The only good bit was when the two Ice Bears were fighting. Nicole Kidman looked stunning in it so it is worthy of 3/10, but it is a very poor film. Seemed to be a slightly anti Christian theme in the film.

Seemed to be a slightly anti Christian theme in the film.

You don't say!

Controversy

In Canada, the Catholic Schoolboard in Halton, Ontario, has removed The Golden Compass from its library shelves, although students can still ask the librarian to give it to them from behind the counter. The board claimed pulling the book was standard procedure following a complaint, but critics have linked the move to the Catholic League's campaign. In the US, the Catholic archdiocese of Philadelphia has urged parents not to take their offspring to see the film.

The climax to the triology sees the bad guy die. The bad guy being God.

Blade Runner: Final Cut.

Not really any different from 92's Directors Cut in terms of added scenes or anything like that, but the print (can you call it a print on DVD?) is absolutely gorgeous.

There's been wee tweeks to the movie here and there. When Deckard shoots Zhora it no longer looks like a rugby player in a wig crashing through the glass, and when Bryant originally takes Deckard into his office he now says that they have "4 skin jobs" instead of the plot holey 5 he said in the originals. Again not much of a change, but enough to get my geeky juices flowing.

There also seems to be a few new effects shots of the police hover cars.

Anyway. Best Sci Fi Movie Ever!

11/10 B)

I noticed a new American Pie was coming out - Beta House, so decided to watch Naked Mile and Band Camp again. My opinions have not changed in that they're both pish and they should have stopped making American Pie films after the 3rd one.

Edited by garymcc1874