What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Was that the uncut lesbo version?

And to think there was a child on board as well.

It's a disgrace :rolleyes:

I think you're thinking of "Stars in Their Pies" - the point where celebrites and fem-dom lesbianism meet....

The Prestige 9/10

Very good. Director Christopher Nolan does his trademark messing about with the chronology, this time using a out of sequence timeline to build up the mystery, rather than the 'simple' reversed plot that he used in Memento. If you've ever seen 21 Grams, it's very similar. Red herrings and glimpses of future events are seen and the whole film, aptly given its subject matter of illusionists, is full of misdirection and style.

As the secrets of the two battling magicians are eventually truly revealed, the film actually draws you in further, rather than leaving you underwhelmed (which films with 'twists' all too often do). Bale and Jackman are decent, if not a bit hammy in places.

Despite the dark Victorian atmosphere, it actually is, deep down, a fun exciting movie which I would recommend to fans of Memento, The Machinist and the likes.

The 300 - 9/10

Pretty damn good!!!! Think of a mix between Gladiators action and Sin Citys visual style and your not too far off the 300. Good to see a proper mans man playing the lead role in these films instead of Orlando Bloom and Brad Pitt. Film doesnt need alot of thinking and is a pretty easy watch. Def recommend it tho!!

The Departed 8/10

Very, very good, but not quite the masterpiece of all time some people have been making it out to be.

There're lots of similar, equally as good, movies which haven't received the accolades that this one has. Is it just because it was Scorcese's 'time' for adulation and awards?

That said, it is an excellent film. I thought Di Caprio was brilliant in it. I often think he's miscast; he looks too 'boyish' for his roles in say, Titanic or Blood Diamond, but he's perfect in this.

Edited by halfaperson

The Departed 8/10

Very, very good, but not quite the masterpiece of all time some people have been making it out to be.

There're lots of similar, equally as good, movies which haven't received the accolades that this one has. Is it just because it was Scorcese's 'time' for adulation and awards?

That said, it is an excellent film. I thought Di Caprio was brilliant in it. I often think he's miscast; he looks too 'boyish' for his roles in say, Titanic or Blood Diamond, but he's perfect in this.

So as to not ruin it for anyone...

Thought it was good up until the ending. Seemed to me they didn't really know how to end it so just thought, "f'k it, we'll kill them all".

Compare it to The Usual Suspects or Se7en and I think the ending loses it a couple of marks.

And yes, that was partly just an excuse to use the Spoiler function.

Behind Enemy Lines, Tigerland and Thin Red Line.

I got these 3 on a dvd 3 pack thing from a friend to watch, not got round to doing so, anyone have any comments on any of the above, which would be best to watch first as time is precious tomorrow and can only watch one.

So as to not ruin it for anyone...

Thought it was good up until the ending. Seemed to me they didn't really know how to end it so just thought, "f'k it, we'll kill them all".

Compare it to The Usual Suspects or Se7en and I think the ending loses it a couple of marks.

And yes, that was partly just an excuse to use the Spoiler function.

Just watched it myself and agree with your spoiler - thought exactly the same.

I watched "dirty sanchez - the movie" last night. Pure madness, so it was. In one of the scenes, "pancho" has liposuction and one of the other guys has to drink the blood/guts combo that was sucked out of him. I apologise to anyone who is eating their breakfast whilst reading this.

Edited by philpy

I watched "dirty sanchez - the movie" last night. Pure madness, so it was. In one of the scenes, "pancho" has liposuction and one of the other guys has to drink the blood/guts combo that was sucked out of him. I apologise to anyone who is eating their breakfast whilst reading this.

I was an idiot and decided to watch this, despite having an incredibly weak stomach. Turned it off after 15 minutes :lol: