What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Game Night

A couple attend a game night where the host plans a kidnapping and the others must find them. It soon turns comically bad when an actual kidnapping takes place (not a spoiler FYI, it's very obvious).

This results in some good comedy as they obviously think it's a game for a wee while. It then turns into a half decent action film on top of the comedy. Jason Bateman's dry approach is ideal for this and he's again good. Rachel McAdams's daftness compliments Bateman well.

I spent most of the film laughing. It's just a daft comedy that keeps you engaged throughout.

8.5/10

Fantastic film. Bateman is one of my favourite actors. He can do the comedy stuff but also the serious stuff like Ozark. Also, Rachel McAdams is frightening..

Just watching 1917, not even half way through and I'm blown away. It's amazing how considering the way they've filmed it there is so much attention to the mise-en-scène. So much subtle background props that really set the scenery in a film that's constantly on the move.

9 minutes ago, supermik said:

12 Angry Men.

Incredible.

I have seen a lot of folk win a best actor Oscar for mainly box ticking performances. Every single person in this film deserved an Oscar!

Proper acting from real film stars.

It's a sensational movie. Might even be my favourite ever b&w film.

Palmer

An ex con returns home to live with his aunt and try and get his life back on track. He forms a bond with a young kid called Sam after his drug addict mum goes missing. Impressive performance from Timberlake taking on the lead role as Palmer in this moving drama.
8/10

10 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Palmer

An ex con returns home to live with his aunt and try and get his life back on track. He forms a bond with a young kid called Sam after his drug addict mum goes missing. Impressive performance from Timberlake taking on the lead role as Palmer in this moving drama.
8/10

Watched this on Friday, very enjoyable. Its a film thats been done many times but its still an excellent watch. Timberlake is good but the young boy steals nearly every scene

On 16/01/2021 at 20:45, DA Baracus said:

Actually I change my rating to 4.5

That’s still generous for WW84 for me! Ignoring and keeping quiet about the low score (5.1] on IMDB, I persuaded my wife to watch it last night. Tempted to stop after an hour, but hoped it would improve - Nope it got worse and the flying scenes were hugely overlong, the fireworks scene was pointless, the plot was like some recent Dr Who PC boring shit. Attempts at humour (eg cows outside the office) missed the mark. The scene with Steve trying on various 80s outfits was forced and pathetic. Someone on IMDB has said it makes Justice League look Oscarworthy an while that’s a bit far fetched, it’s a good indication of how bad this was. If good old Cineworld was open, we’d probably have walked out of this. A 3 for me. AVOID!!!

Restless Natives

I caught this on BBC Scotland last night. It's been decades since I last saw it. 

For the uninitiated, this is a light hearted Scottish caper from 1985 about a pair of gormless Edinburgh youths who decide to rob tourist coaches in the highlands. 

It has aged reasonably well even though it's obviously very low budget and some of the acting isn't too great. There's some amusing dialogue and the Edinburgh and highland scenery looks really good. 

7/10

On 30/01/2021 at 01:50, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

The Little Things

Starring Denzel Washington & Remi Malik. One a washed up Deputy Sherrif & the other a crack detective, team up to hunt down a serial killer who enjoys playing mind games. Quite enjoyed this and the ending was unexpectedly with a nice twist.
7.5/10

This was last nights viewing for me and the Mrs. I had been looking forward to this for months since i saw the trailer and cast however i was a little bit disappointed and  cant put my finger on why. I just think they didnt really build up much tension as you knew who the killer was pretty early. The ending didnt really satisfy me

This was last nights viewing for me and the Mrs. I had been looking forward to this for months since i saw the trailer and cast however i was a little bit disappointed and  cant put my finger on why. I just think they didnt really build up much tension as you knew who the killer was pretty early. The ending didnt really satisfy me
I think the writers left it open to whether Albert really was the killer for the viewer to decide and also the question whether it was Deke or Baxter. IMO, I don't think any of them were. I think Albert was just an obsessed wierdo leading them on.

1 minute ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
18 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

I think the writers left it open to whether Albert really was the killer for the viewer to decide and also the question whether it was Deke or Albert. IMO, I don't think any of them were. I think Albert was just an obsessed wierdo leading them on.

Im a huge fan of Malek but some of his lines were almost inaudible due to his mumbling