What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Well just watched The Last King of Scotland and am sad to admit it did not live up to the hype.

Considering that Forest Whitaker was supposed to be the lead role as Ide Amin, he didn't have enough screen time. Though in saying that he was impressive.

Overall though I felt like the film overlooked many incidents involving Ide Amin and it would have been more interesting if it had been more based on him than a fictional character.

Superman Returns - maybe it was because I was drunk but I didn't like this at all and couldn't wait for it to end. It just seemed to drag on an on and on. Superman disappears for 5 years, so does Clark Kent no one suspects anything. Superman returns, so does Clark Kent no one suspects anything.

5/10

Superman Returns - maybe it was because I was drunk but I didn't like this at all and couldn't wait for it to end. It just seemed to drag on an on and on. Superman disappears for 5 years, so does Clark Kent no one suspects anything. Superman returns, so does Clark Kent no one suspects anything.

5/10

Yip, it was pish. You rated higher than I did though, I gave it 4.

I recorded it last night and watched it this morning.

Didnt think it was as good as the first but enjoyed it and would recommend it all the same.

Probably 7/10 aswell.

Yip, it's not as good as the first, perhaps would have been better as a stand-alone film... although it lowered the expectations making the third one seem all the better!

Watched Quatermass and the Pit last night.

OK, it's 40 years old and the "special effects" really aren't all that special but what an intelligent, thought provoking script with decent performances from the four main actors.

The ending is still pretty disturbing even after all this time.

One of, if not the best of Hammer's movie output.

8/10

Watched Hollywoodland on Friday night, it was based around the true story of the "Murder/Suicide" of superman. Basically the actor that first played superman (Ben Affleck) was found dead, having been shot. It is announced as suicide, but a private detective (Adrien Brody) was hired to find out more. He gives evidence that the murderer could have been a few different groups of people, and leaves you thinking who could it have been (it has never been confirmed as murder) Good storyline and some excellent performances, 8/10

Watched flags of our father, the Clint eastwood film about the soldiers who raised the american flag on Iwo Jima. Some great performances from the cast and an excellent film. Harrowing at times, and showed the need of some Heroes to be seen during WWII. 9/10

I finished off my "based on a true story" trilogy by watching Invincible, about Vince Papale being a nromal guy who got to play for the Philly Eagles. Good story about how it lifted a group of his friends, and the good a sports team can do in desperate times for a city. Great story.

8/10