What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Joy Ride

A pair of arseholes are driving across the USA in an old car. They reckon it's a good idea to rip the pish out of a truck driver over their CB radio. Unfortunately the trucker is an unhinged psycho who soon tracks them down and puts them through a bit of an ordeal to say the least. 

It's a trashy b-movie but it was entertaining enough. 

7/10

5 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hard to Kill will always be my favourite Seagal flick. The sight of him flailing his fat flabby arms up a hill in his workout montage, the unusually graphic violence, and the incredible one liners which he absolutely pulls off with no conviction at all.

90s classic.

Since he fled America for sex crimes his movies have only went one way and it's not up. 

20 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hard to Kill will always be my favourite Seagal flick. The sight of him flailing his fat flabby arms up a hill in his workout montage, the unusually graphic violence, and the incredible one liners which he absolutely pulls off with no conviction at all.

90s classic.

Pool cue fight in which the Asian one is obviously obliged to snap his in half to form a pair of nunchucks.  Also, no Seagal fight is complete without some form of snapped limb.

Greenland

I was hoping for a Gerard Butler fronted destruction fest from this, and we did get some of that tbh, but it was more of a cross country survival road thriller. Which actually wasn't too bad in fairness. Well... Butler yet again trying a US accent which was more Scottish was as bad as ever. You'd think he'd just chuck it in, but as always he goes fully into the role and after a while I just didn't notice. I think that was what helped things along more than anything. The cast were incredible. There's an amazing supporting cast during the opening evacuation scenes as well.

It's a perfectly fine action movie.

6/10

9 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Hate zombie movies but this was quite good.  A bit disturbing, but that's zombies for you.

Yeah, there was good storylines & social commentary through the movie, it wasn't just all about the zombies.

Seems a sequel has been made, called 'Peninsula', meant to be garbage unfortunately. 

Whistle Down The Wind (1961)

Charming wee film with Alan Bates as a murderer taking refuge on a farm somewhere in Lancashire. The 3 children who live at the farm think he's Jesus when they find him hiding in the barn. Hayley Mills is excellent as the oldest of the siblings as they help him while keeping him hidden but soon all the children from the village are curious and want to see him too. Good bit of religious symbolism when Bates is found by the police.

8/10

Whistle Down The Wind (1961)
Charming wee film with Alan Bates as a murderer taking refuge on a farm somewhere in Lancashire. The 3 children who live at the farm think he's Jesus when they find him hiding in the barn. Hayley Mills is excellent as the oldest of the siblings as they help him while keeping him hidden but soon all the children from the village are curious and want to see him too. Good bit of religious symbolism when Bates is found by the police.
8/10

He's not Jesus.....he's just a fella.

Metal: A Headbanger's Journey

Pretty decent look at metal from the early days to the mid 2000's. Has interviews with fans, bands and a variety of others. Tries to explain what helped formed what and has some weird as hell interviews with Mayhem and Gaahl- the latter seems like the edgiest edgelord to ever edge.

8/10

Talk Radio

Oliver Stone movie from 1988 about a Jewish radio presenter who argues with all manner of weirdos, racists and assorted fuckwits who phone his show. 

This is a very well acted and tense movie. Some of the callers blurt out the same sort of pish that Trump supporters drone on about today. Kinda shows that nothing changes and that wilfully ignorant arseholes will always have the same views.

8/10

Metal: A Headbanger's Journey
Pretty decent look at metal from the early days to the mid 2000's. Has interviews with fans, bands and a variety of others. Tries to explain what helped formed what and has some weird as hell interviews with Mayhem and Gaahl- the latter seems like the edgiest edgelord to ever edge.
8/10
I like the bit where Gaahl says satan.

Enemy

Jake Gyllenhaal plays a history teacher stuck in a rut. He watches a film recommended to him and spots a c list actor playing a small part who is his double. He makes some enquiries and tracks him down. Much weird shit ensues from this point on......7/10.

I See A Dark Stranger (1946)

Deborah Kerr plays a young Irish woman who hates England so much she decides to do her part as a Nazi spy.The film moves along at a good pace with Trevor Howard as the love interest and a good cameo from the actress who played Mrs Wilberforce in The Ladykillers. Although it's a serious theme there are actually some funny scenes like the funeral procession and the big fight in the hotel room and the 2 officers in charge on Isle of Man are played for laughs.

7.5/10

Jojo Rabbit.  Fabulous stuff , if you're a fan of Mel Brooks then I'd imagine your going to enjoy this . This has everything a film should have , happiness & sadness and complete craziness . Sam Rockwell is superb as the somewhat crazy Nazi commander with good support from Rebel Wilson and Alfie Allen his useless underlings ,with Stephen Merchant creepily  convincing as a Gestapo officer . Funniest thing I've seen in ages  . 9/10 

On 19/11/2020 at 22:30, tongue_tied_danny said:

Talk Radio

Oliver Stone movie from 1988 about a Jewish radio presenter who argues with all manner of weirdos, racists and assorted fuckwits who phone his show. 

This is a very well acted and tense movie. Some of the callers blurt out the same sort of pish that Trump supporters drone on about today. Kinda shows that nothing changes and that wilfully ignorant arseholes will always have the same views.

8/10

Howard Stern: The Movie?