What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I thought it was excellent. Agree not as good as the first but still laugh out loud funny, maximum cringey, and the plot was decent enough, too. Particularly the way it ended, though I won't say any more about that.

Borat 9/10

Borat 2 8/10 

Will probably rewatch both back to back with a few beers in the next few weeks.

Alone in Berlin (2016)

A middle-aged couple lose their only son in combat, during the German invasion of France in 1940.

Angered by the death of their boy & the events going on around them, the husband Otto decides to start writing postcards denouncing Hitler & the Nazi regime. They begin leaving them all over the city for folks to find.

Brendan Gleeson & Emma Thompson are great as Otto & Anna, it's a powerful movie, which is also a true story. 

Film4 were showing it recently.

Recommended 8.5/10 

36 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Alone in Berlin (2016)

A middle-aged couple lose their only son in combat, during the German invasion of France in 1940.

Angered by the death of their boy & the events going on around them, the husband Otto decides to start writing postcards denouncing Hitler & the Nazi regime. They begin leaving them all over the city for folks to find.

Brendan Gleeson & Emma Thompson are great as Otto & Anna, it's a powerful movie, which is also a true story. 

Film4 were showing it recently.

Recommended 8.5/10 

Thanks, just finished watching it.

The Nesting

Possibly the most a setting has overshadowed a film other than High Spirits. An agoraphobic writer travels to the boonies where she finds an incredible looking house and starts having feelings of deja vu. The acting throughout is way too over the top, but it's worth it for the jazzy freakouts, music and setting alone.

The house has it's own Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armour–Stiner_House

6/10

22 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Borat subsequent movie (amazon) - 6/10. Not as laugh out loud funny as the first one , a lot more satirical comedy than slapstick humour or haha hes foreign humour this time that just raises a chuckle. Still worth a watch coming in at only an hour and 30 mins. The build to the bit at the end with Giuliani is decent.

Was thinking that the 2 Rednecks he 'moves in with' for a bit have to be actors no chance Americans could be that stupid then it gets to the fight for our rights rally and wow, I was probably wrong.

21 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Just finished this as well. It was never going to live up to the original movie with him being so well known from it. I would say most of the others were actors and that took away the shock factor which made the original what it was. Still a good watch with some genuine LOL moments.

20 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I thought it was excellent. Agree not as good as the first but still laugh out loud funny, maximum cringey, and the plot was decent enough, too. Particularly the way it ended, though I won't say any more about that.

Borat 9/10

Borat 2 8/10 

Will probably rewatch both back to back with a few beers in the next few weeks.

Just finished it.

Many, many laughs were had.

Lots of Americans shown to horrendous scum. It shouldn't be surprising, but if often is when you see how brazen and dreadful they are on camera. Anti-semitic cakes, nazi salutes, ludicrous moron conspiracy theories, sexual offenders and other appalling scum all show themselves.

The UPS man and the babysitter came out looking like good and incredibly patient people.

Just finished it.
Many, many laughs were had.
Lots of Americans shown to horrendous scum. It shouldn't be surprising, but if often is when you see how brazen and dreadful they are on camera. Anti-semitic cakes, nazi salutes, ludicrous moron conspiracy theories, sexual offenders and other appalling scum all show themselves.
The UPS man and the babysitter came out looking like good and incredibly patient people.
Agree with all apart from the UPS guy (assuming we're talking about the one with the daughter). I was gobsmacked he helped put her back in. For that reason he belongs with the other nutcases in the film.

Thought it was quite funny in parts and as mentioned elsewhere, his daughter steals the show.

6.5/10.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Agree with all apart from the UPS guy (assuming we're talking about the one with the daughter). I was gobsmacked he helped put her back in. For that reason he belongs with the other nutcases in the film.

Thought it was quite funny in parts and as mentioned elsewhere, his daughter steals the show.

6.5/10.

I meant the guy who sending all the faxes.

13 Hours : The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (2016)

After Gaddaffi had been deposed Libya became one of the most dangerous places, split into various factions, turf wars, insurgents.

The US still had an Ambassador in Benghazi & a CIA station in the City, about half a dozen ex-Special Forces guys are the security team, tasked with general protection.

Things go tits up on the anniversary of 9/11 when groups of Al-Sharia Extremists decide to storm both US compounds. The movie tells the tale, over 13 hours, as the small security team try to defend both themselves & the Ambassador.

Decent enough film, based on the book written about the actual events.

7.5/10 

Watched Borat 2 last night.  Wasn't as good as the first one but still had a couple of funny moments.  Fair play to Guilliani tbh, I thought he was great.  The lassie who played Borat's daughter is going to be up for the best supporting actress Oscar by all accounts.

On 26/10/2020 at 15:15, wellinwigan said:

I SEE YOU

8/10

Surprisingly good wee film this thriller with Helen Hunt. With a really good twist in it. 

Netflix

Watched it today, really good and cleverly done how the whole tone of the film changes when you see events from a different point of view

Babysitter's Vampire was a piss take of Twilight, was actually not bad. Tomb of Dracula was a bonkers anime with Dracula fighting Satan and his son who was resurrected by God, Sharkproof was an unfunny comedy, Absentia a let down, didn't  know what it wanted to be and Encino Woman was a sequel I'd never heard of and wasn't as bad as expected.

image.png.795b759631fdc4320c244e3ed8a69718.png