What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

On 12/10/2020 at 23:03, naegoodinthedark said:

Hubie Halloween on Netflix.

Please please please don’t watch this. It’s honestly the worst film I’ve ever seen. I mean, the ending could have been great, I didn’t last that long, but I doubt it.

Total shite.

settled down for an Adam Sandler latter day subtle, inventive, fresh comedy and you were caught off guard?

I had to watch Red Dawn with the wife's family once, as it was one of her dad's favourite films. I'd no idea what it was about beforehand, and started pishing myself about how idiotic the premise was, but was soon put in my place that it was a very serious film about something that could actually have happened in the real world that we all live in. IIRC, they made the remake about North Korea invading the US, just to double-down on the ultra-realism.

Anyway, I watched Geostorm for the third time last night. It was terrible, but the reason I've watched it three times is because I can never remember anything other than the opening scene. Watching it last night, I didn't remember anything beyond that. I think it must include some kind of experimental technology that removes itself from my memory as I'm watching it. Remarkable.

Chariots of Fire . Definitely one of my favourite films . There's some excellent performances from all the main cast members , a fair few of whom are no longer with us . They took a fair few liberties taken with regard to the actual story of what really happened , for instance Liddell knew long before he boarded the boat to France about the heats being on a Sunday and the Lord Lyndsay character was a made up one . Still a cracking film that touches on a few dark subjects such as anti Semitism and amateur v professional athletes.  8/10 

Us - Jordan Peele (2019)

A family of four get terrorised on their beach holiday by a family of doppelgängers. I've seen clips of this before and I'm not sure if I've had the twist spoiled because I knew it for most of the movie or it was just really obvious. Doesn't matter though as it's really enjoyable. Went off in a bigger and more expansive direction than I expected it to and was nicely tied off by the end. It also reminds me of Midsommar a bit in how it's quite funny in moments to liven up all the death.

Elizabeth Moss also seems to have a shite time of it in everything I've seen her in. Her family were wankers though.

9/10 

I got bored of Us as soon as it became daytime, although it was kind of losing me once they left their own holiday home. Everything before then is so, so good though, and I could've just spent the entire time watching and listening to the family (which made the latter-film unengaging narrative stuff mostly bearable). There's still loads to love about what Jordan Peele's doing. 

Brokeback Mountain,

Not sure what I was expecting, but probably the best film I've seen this year, forgot it was actors as I felt they were actually deeply in love by the end, something difficult to get right especially acting a different sexuality. Strong 9/10

Queen & Slim,

Nice film pre dates the George Floyd movement but obviously very much a film on the social and systemic issues gripping the United States. Really enjoyed the 2 leads and their chemistry. 8/10

Edited by 101

Psycho - Hitchcock at his best   , everything about this film is great . Excellent performances all round , great lighting, fabulous soundtrack , plenty twists and turns and of course brilliant direction. Superb stuff  9/10 

Borat subsequent movie (amazon) - 6/10. Not as laugh out loud funny as the first one , a lot more satirical comedy than slapstick humour or haha hes foreign humour this time that just raises a chuckle. Still worth a watch coming in at only an hour and 30 mins. The build to the bit at the end with Giuliani is decent.

Was thinking that the 2 Rednecks he 'moves in with' for a bit have to be actors no chance Americans could be that stupid then it gets to the fight for our rights rally and wow, I was probably wrong.

Borat subsequent movie (amazon) - 6/10. Not as laugh out loud funny as the first one , a lot more satirical comedy than slapstick humour or haha hes foreign humour this time that just raises a chuckle. Still worth a watch coming in at only an hour and 30 mins. The build to the bit at the end with Giuliani is decent.

Was thinking that the 2 Rednecks he 'moves in with' for a bit have to be actors no chance Americans could be that stupid then it gets to the fight for our rights rally and wow, I was probably wrong.

Just finished this as well. It was never going to live up to the original movie with him being so well known from it. I would say most of the others were actors and that took away the shock factor which made the original what it was. Still a good watch with some genuine LOL moments.