What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Eventually watched Infernal Affairs. Fortunately the wife fell asleep after about 15 minutes so i was able to stop fielding questions and enjoy it. 

Absolutely class from start to finish with barely a wasted frame. Sam was one of the best baddies I've seen, in an understated way. 

On 20/09/2020 at 20:52, naegoodinthedark said:

Terminator Dark Fate.

Bit meh, but alright I suppose.

Hopefully the next one sees someone sent back in time to stop the lassie that plays Sarah Connor smoking 200 fags a day.

To be fair I think her appearance suits the character, and she is 63, hardly looks bad considering.

Agree on review. It wasn't actually bad. First half an hour was good, the ending was okay, but I could have done without the hour long stop at The Exposition Motel in the middle.

While it was, generally, watchable, they still should have stopped after the second film.

The use of the face generating technology at the start is interesting, I can see this being a big deal in Hollywood in years to come. Would expect Indiana Jones to carry on long after Harrison Ford is dead, for starters.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

"Sorry to Bother You" (Sky) - starts with a decent enough premise of a Black telesales worker who finds his sales increase massively when he starts adopting a "white voice".

I thought it was going to be a fairly straightforward but still worth telling indictment of racism, but it just keeps adding layers of craziness, meaning it was nothing like I expected. And a very rare, very original film.

I thought it was brilliantly mad. 9/10.

Kanye also enjoying 2049

I'm totally reassessing Kanye now i've seen this set up. Gigantic screen, huge empty room, swivel chair on wheels for immersive mobile viewing experience. Watching some scary film, alone, in complete darkness there would be the pinnacle of viewing.

Edited by Detournement

22 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Ip Man 4. 

You know what you're getting with these, Donnie Yen being a badass. Story is daft, fights are good.

Thought I'd see if there was any footage of the real Ip Man to see how quick he was.

erm...

I thought IP Man 4 was absolute pish. The dubbing was absolutely comical.

3 was poor as well.

1 and 2 however are brilliant. Love those films.

Regarding that clip, mind that he had cancer for the last few years of his life.

War Dog

Imagine if Universal Soldier was set in Sweden, but was trying really hard to pretend it was America. Then imagine shooting kids and pretty much anyone is required in every situation. It's like an ultra cartoony, hyper violent prequel.

7/10

Edited by Comrie

Bill and Ted Face the Music

Not sure how to feel about this tbh. It was absolutely fine, and I enjoyed it, but I still felt a bit disappointed. There was just something missing. Maybe it was the lack of George Carlin and the fact I can't stand Kristen Schaal. The movie-long impression of Keanu Reeves as Ted by the daughter from Atypical was absolutely magnificent though.

Motherless Brooklyn. Ed Norton stars ( Writes & Directs ) as a private dectective with Tourette's who tries to piece together the the murder of of his friend & mentor Bruce Willis and gets drawn into web of corruption. Alec Baldwin channels his inner Donald Trump the bad guy, also stars Willem  Dafoe along with Robert Wisdom & Michael K Williams from The Wire . Enjoyable stuff good performance from Norton in the lead role with good support . 8/10 

North By Northwest not long finished on BBC2.

Just magnificent from start (Hitchcock not getting on the bus) to finish (the rather risque for its time train entering the tunnel) and everything inbetween from Grant, Marie Saint and Mason's tremendous acting, Hitchcock's masterful direction and Bernard Hermann';s brilliant score.

I will never tire of watching it.

On 26/09/2020 at 00:01, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Schemers

A true story about a guy who has to stop playing football and opts for a career as a music promoter to try and get with a girl. Good characters and a great soundtrack.

8/10

I saw them getting ready to shoot a scene for that film in the Tay Bridge Bar in Dundee a couple of years ago. 

I didn't realise that it had finally been released.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

Schemers

A true story about a guy who has to stop playing football and opts for a career as a music promoter to try and get with a girl. Good characters and a great soundtrack.

8/10
Also enjoyed this.

Strange watching a Scottish film where I didn't recognise any of the actors also.

I may have missed someone very obvious however....