What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Last night I had the dubious honour of watching, what I consider to be, the worst film of all time.

Having sat through the original Dawn of the Dead, I was hardly optimistic - but this remake plumbed new depths in the already barren nu-metal/horror genre.

In a two-hour long exhibition in how to make a film without the luxury of plot or character, Dawn of the Dead looked tailored explicitly and exclusively to the kind of mangy youth with acne, who passes his spare time leafing through gun catalogues with his abnormally oversized right arm while ranting against the constraints of a comfortable middle class upbringing - a youth whose experience of the fairer sex is anime comics - a sullen faced b*****d who resents the company of people with the emotional intelligence to consign this kind of banal, gratuitous, grotesque exhibitionism to the heap.

It's not often that one feels compelled to sit through a film as atrocious as this, not for some sort ironic titilation, but to see how far standards have slipped. This bilge made George A. Romero's 1978 offering look like Hamlet in a glaring indictment of how rotten.com and Papa Roach will eventually kill us all.

Lucky to score 0 / 10 - treat with disdainful caution.

Last night I had the dubious honour of watching, what I consider to be, the worst film of all time.

Having sat through the original Dawn of the Dead, I was hardly optimistic - but this remake plumbed new depths in the already barren nu-metal/horror genre.

In a two-hour long exhibition in how to make a film without the luxury of plot or character, Dawn of the Dead looked tailored explicitly and exclusively to the kind of mangy youth with acne, who passes his spare time leafing through gun catalogues with his abnormally oversized right arm while ranting against the constraints of a comfortable middle class upbringing - a youth whose experience of the fairer sex is anime comics - a sullen faced b*****d who resents the company of people with the emotional intelligence to consign this kind of banal, gratuitous, grotesque exhibitionism to the heap.

It's not often that one feels compelled to sit through a film as atrocious as this, not for some sort ironic titilation, but to see how far standards have slipped. This bilge made George A. Romero's 1978 offering look like Hamlet in a glaring indictment of how rotten.com and Papa Roach will eventually kill us all.

Lucky to score 0 / 10 - treat with disdainful caution.

:lol:

Is that an indirect dig at p and b's resident horror fan?

D.O.A. - 9/10 - Despite Paul WS Anderson's involvement, with Sarah Carter, Devon Aoki, Holly Valance and Jaime Pressly in not very much and fighting, it couldn't possibly have failed!

PS Slagging George A Romero will not go down well :angry: Although yes, the recent remake of DotD was shite.

Little Miss Sunshine - it was pretty good - the end was really funny, and a great cast.

8/10.

Yeah i enjoyed it too. Everyone played their roles really well and it deserves some awards recognition that it is getting. I thought the whole dealing with the "death" was excellent, but would have been even funnier if there was a mix-up with bodies somehow :lol: Apparently there are about 4 alternate endings but i never got the chance to watch them before having to return the DVD. (id give it 8/10 too)

Other films watched the past weekend :-

Ice Age Meltdown - much along the same lines as the first Ice Age, pretty funny kids cartoon overall. 7/10

The Night Listener - wierd film with Toni Collette and Robin Williams about a radio host who tells stories at night. He gets involved in a case with Toni Collette "looking after a kid who was abused by his parents" in a paedophile way and contracted HIV. I still dont know if i have the right answer to what was going on but it is a good film anyway. Could have done with being a little longer to get more answers in it but id give it 6/10

US Marshalls - Older film but i hadnt seen it before. Same idea as The Fugitive and almost identical film. Basically a no brainer enjoyment film although as with most films, the bad guy is far too easy to predict if you have a famous person not being a front line actor. 7/10

Last Holiday - Film with Queen Latifah and LL Cool J, about a person told they are going to die in 3 weeks, despite living a life watching what they do and what she eats. She decides to cash in all the money she can and go and do what she always wanted to do and to hell with the consequences (well she is going to die anyway). Some great performances and a really funny film that i enjoyed even although i wasnt all that keen on the film anyway. Gerard Depardieu is one of the funniest actors around IMO. 7/10

Beerfest.

I think I have just been robbed of the last hour and half of my life by this film!!! From the same people who brought you Supertroopers, and starring the same people who were in Supertroopers. But it was rank rotten. Had a couple of funny bits, but you know that way that you've watched so much of the film that its too late to switch it off and u just want it to hurry up and end, well that is most of Beerfest!!

1/10

Edited by spud131

Oldboy was superb, the ending was a bit far fetched but the plot twist was great

If you liked Oldboy then get A Bittersweet Life, another Korean film. Id say prob better than Oldboy, but the ending is extremely strange!! You'll know what I mean if you've seen it!!!

If you liked Oldboy then get A Bittersweet Life, another Korean film. Id say prob better than Oldboy, but the ending is extremely strange!! You'll know what I mean if you've seen it!!!

A Bittersweet Life ends up like an homage to spaghetti westerns.

I bought Blow and Taxi 3 last week. Still to watch the latter, but just finished watching Blow.

Fantastic film, Johnny Depp is superb, as is Penelope Cruz (Oh my God, she is just, wow!)

Kinda sad how he is set up at the end and can't make California with his daughter.

8/10

Smokin Aces - Very hard to follow (but not in a good way)

I agree.

I struggled to understand the basic plot of the film, it was totally convoluted.

Even when the other half slowly explained it to me it never made sense.

Plenty of needless, graphic violence though so it wasn't all bad.

5/10.