What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Sputnik.

Can't believe I actually sat through all of this and didn't turn it off after half an hour. Two cosmonauts return from space during which something goes wrong and one of them apparently doesn't survive. The other one is taken to a secret military base for examination where some weird shit starts to happen. Can't describe it further without spoilers.

5/10 in a weird way that I couldn't stop watching.

Midnight Run (1988)

Yeah it's a bit silly and full of plot holes but it's a cracking buddy/road movie and De Niro, Grodin and Kotto all put in tremendous performances.

Apparently the dialogue in the freight car was improvised and when Grodin asks De Niro " have you ever had sex with an animal?" you can see RDN doing all can not to corpse.

ETA it's on Netflix at the moment.

Edited by Arch Stanton

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Midnight Run (1988)

Yeah it's a bit silly and full of plot holes but it's a cracking buddy/road movie and De Niro, Grodin and Kotto all put in tremendous performances.

Apparently the dialogue in the freight car was improvised and when Grodin asks De Niro " have you ever had sex with an animal?" you can see RDN doing all can not to corpse.

ETA it's on Netflix at the moment.

Train conductor: "He said his name was Mosely... "

Alonzo: "I'M MOSELY!!!" 

The cast are brilliant in it. Dennis Farina and Joe pantoliano are also brilliant in addition to the three you mention above.

It's one of my favourite films, funny, a bit of action, a bit of heart and a great saxaphone soundtrack, what's not to like.

Love Starship Troopers but crazy how many folk didn't get it was satire. It isn't exactly subtle about it.
The only good bug is a dead bug!

Two other points I’m amazed people didn’t pick up on:
That the humans are badly losing the war
That Neil Patrick Harris’s character isn’t psychic

22 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

A war that humans almost certainly started.

Haha, aye, he just says very obvious things, like at the end when they capture the brain bug he declares "It's afraid!". Of course it fucking is, its just been dragged out of its hiding place whilst its pals/family have been gunned down and is in a net surrounded by folk with guns!

Blood Diamond (2006)

An insight into Africa's  'conflict diamond' trade, civil war, mass murder, child soldiers, corruption & mercenaries.

Watched this again the other night, a great turn from Leonardo DiCaprio as Danny, it also has the lovely Jennifer Connelly too.

Great movie 9/10

Edited by Silverton End

That's the film idea I had in high school, years before it was released. I can remember being at the pictures with my pals for another film and the trailer for this film came on. I sat watching open mouthed and when the trailer finished my pals commented and said "you came up with that plot about 2 years ago!". I was fizzing [emoji38]

Be Aware: Hollywood can steal your thoughts!

sddefault.jpeg.20201d46a21be88d8890e3cdb12b34d2.jpeg

Not just Hollywood, many years ago as a young teen I sent a letter to the Nintendo magazine (what a dork) with an idea for a game, Mario Kombat, where the characters of Mario, satirising Mortal Kombat, fight each other in a cartoon manner. A few years later, out comes Super Smash Bros. The fuckers never sent me penny one for my brilliance. c***s.

Anyway, watched Guardians of the Galaxy for approximately the 764th time whilst hungover on Sunday and I become more convinced with every watch that it’s the best fun you can possibly have watching a film without Tommy Wiseau appearing. Glorious stuff.

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

The meteor that destroyed Buenos Aires came from Klendathu.

Then we meet the bugs, and it's painfully obvious they'd nothing to do with chucking a targeted ball of rock across the galaxy. Like blaming primitive tribes on the Amazon for Tunguska.

The meteor that destroyed Buenos Aires came from Klendathu.
Then we meet the bugs, and it's painfully obvious they'd nothing to do with chucking a targeted ball of rock across the galaxy. Like blaming primitive tribes on the Amazon for Tunguska.

In fairness when the fleet arrives they immediately start getting wiped from the planet’s surface in the “wrong intel” scene.

That also reminds me of another class moment: when the news reporter just starts getting ripped to shreds, the cameraman is stood there two yards away filming it all attentively until the bug turns and starts ripping him to bits as well.

Tenet...?
Just saw this tonight.

Outstanding looking film and enjoyable enough watch but far too convoluted and overly complicated for the sake of being overly complicated. It's not just that I struggled to follow it, but that I wasn't particularly interested in trying to.

Might watch it again in five years and think differently.

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

V for vandetta (2005).

Hugo Weaving is a genetically enhanced Yorkshireman on a revenge mission to bring down the UK’s totalitarian government whilst donning a Guy Fawkes mask.

Ee by gum it is shite.

Not even Scatman John playing the Prime Minister could save it.

Personally thought VFV was a great movie.

Last night the telly was garbage and ended up half watching the 2016 reboot of Ghostbusters. 

Fucking hell.  Awful.

21 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Personally thought VFV was a great movie.

Last night the telly was garbage and ended up half watching the 2016 reboot of Ghostbusters. 

Fucking hell.  Awful.

Payback on ITV4 was much better than I thought it was going to be, like a graphic novel. Sure the John Wick series nicked a fair bit from it.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Payback on ITV4 was much better than I thought it was going to be, like a graphic novel. Sure the John Wick series nicked a fair bit from it.

The Mel Gibson film? Aye, that's a fun one.

The days when Mel's name on a project usually meant there was a good time to be had.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The Mel Gibson film? Aye, that's a fun one.

The days when Mel's name on a project usually meant there was a good time to be had.

He's the reason I've never bothered watching it before.