What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Always fancied watching Closer and got round to it tonight. Always liked Clive Owen and the lovely Natalie Portman, less so Julia Roberts and even less so Jude Law but thought they were all very good in it. 7/10 and not sure music in strip clubs is good as that (and Clive Owen must have had quite an eyefull in the strip club scenes).

11 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Apocalypse Now is on BBC2 the night at half-nine. 

Was it was Coppola's latest cut of the film they were showing?

I remember seeing the Redux cut when it came out, and it's mental how much they originally shot that never really had a chance of making it into the film.

Husk (2011)

5 folk have a car accident out in rural USA, they spot a farmhouse beyond a cornfield.

They make for the old farmhouse, through the cornfield, where they are assailed by evil looking hooded figures.

I thought this would the usual cheap run of the mill slasher type horror, but it had a decent supernatural storyline.

Good background music & visuals, a well made film.

7/10

6 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Was it was Coppola's latest cut of the film they were showing?

I remember seeing the Redux cut when it came out, and it's mental how much they originally shot that never really had a chance of making it into the film.

No' sure - planning to watch it later - the version that's on the BBC i-player is 2 hours 5- minutes long.

I've aye found it a long and slow film, but that's never bothered me.

Great film, like. 

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

No' sure - planning to watch it later - the version that's on the BBC i-player is 2 hours 5- minutes long.

I've aye found it a long and slow film, but that's never bothered me.

Great film, like. 

Must be the original; I hear the Final Cut is about three hours long.

I think Redux is about four hours. Saw that in the cinema. You can almost smell the weed and booze wafting down to you from the screen.

29 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I think Redux is about four hours. Saw that in the cinema. You can almost smell the weed and booze wafting down to you from the screen.

I watched it in a cinema, which had just upgraded its sound system so you got the full experience of the acoustics. When the helicopter flew overhead in the opening scenes, you could see people in the audience instinctively ducking and looking up at the ceiling.  Not me though; I'm way too savvy for that. But a couple of minutes later when you heard the mosquito, I was flinching and looking around for the little b*****d. 😀 

More a recommendation, Knives out is on Amazon prime which is a nice wee watch.
Excellent, thanks for that. Fire alarm went off 45 minutes in when I saw this at silverburn and it was going to be an hour before it started back, so we went home. Will be good to finally finish it.

The Hills Have Eyes

Saw the remake years ago which was pretty eh and this is considerably better without being great. Feels like an inferior Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but is still pretty entertaining even if the parents in this are all pretty craptacular.

7/10

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

The Hills Have Eyes

Saw the remake years ago which was pretty eh and this is considerably better without being great. Feels like an inferior Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but is still pretty entertaining even if the parents in this are all pretty craptacular.

7/10

I remember the sequel being genuinely awful. There was a story behind why it was even made, but the general idea was that Wes Craven didn't want to do it, and it shows.

The sequel to the remake wasn't the best film in the world, and is disturbingly obsessed with gross mutant rape, but does feature the "Shitman the Barbarian" scene, which got a laugh out of me for its sheer unexpectedness.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes, he rather under sells it.

Also, 'an annoying dude'. Not exactly how I'd describe someone who is evidently on the autistic spectrum.  His mother has openly admitted although he was never tested, he displays all the same traits as his father who suffered from Asperger's. Honnold himself admits he should have been diagnosed as a youngster. 

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

Also, 'an annoying dude'. Not exactly how I'd describe someone who is evidently on the autistic spectrum.  His mother has openly admitted although he was never tested, he displays all the same traits as his father who suffered from Asperger's. Honnold himself admits he should have been diagnosed as a youngster. 

I can see how he can be a bit annoying.

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

As someone who's in to climbing, I'm maybe just blinkered as I think the guy is fascinating. 

Definitely but there are times where it seems like he won't consider his girlfriend's feelings on matters, even if that isn't true.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Definitely but there are times where it seems like he won't consider his girlfriend's feelings on matters, even if that isn't true.

He's appears completely emotionless, something he evidently attributes to Asperger's.