What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Uncut Gems.
Had an ominous feeling all the way through the film. I get that that's the intention and as brilliant a film as it is, I didn't enjoy that horrible anxiousness.
8.5/10 
Never watching it again.
I was exactly the same but I loved it. From the opening 10 minutes with everybody talking over each other right to the end and that finish - just hectic.

Thought my wife would hate it but she also thought it was great. Sandler badly overlooked for awards.

In the realm of the senses

Sexually explicit movie where some guy with impressive sideburns does a power of shagging in pre war Japan. Plenty of tits, ass and pubic hair on display but it did get pretty boring pretty quickly. There must have been a storyline in there somewhere but I couldn't see it.

4/10

Since it was VE day recently, I watched an old war film.  Seemed more appropriate than watching it at Christmas time.

Actually it wasn't that old.  I remember seeing it at the cinema and man had already been to the moon before it was made!

15 hours ago, thefootballgambler said:

The Terminator (1984)

9/10

One of my favorite movies of all time and one of the first films I owned growing up. I know most movie fans seem to prefer T2: Judgement Day, but the dark 80s atmosphere of T1 is amazing. More like a slasher film lol

Terminator1984movieposter.jpg

getout.PNG

Agreed. The Terminator is a perfect cyberpunk 80s film. T2 is just big budget action fodder, albeit very good.

Most of the later sequels are just pish.

10 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Since it was VE day recently, I watched an old war film.  Seemed more appropriate than watching it at Christmas time.

Actually it wasn't that old.  I remember seeing it at the cinema and man had already been to the moon before it was made!

How much time needs to pass before a film becomes an "old film"?

I remember being a kid watching  the "Road to..." films with my grandparents. Those films had been made in the 40s, and at the time, they were 40-odd years old. Like you, I wouldn't class something made in 1976 as an "old film", but it's now 44 years old!

The Big Bus

Corny spoof disaster flick from the 70s about a nuclear powered bus that runs into difficulties on its maiden journey. A bit of a guilty pleasure this one. It's utter shite but enjoyable all the same. Airplane did the spoof disaster thing about a thousand time better a couple of years later.

6/10

On 12/05/2020 at 02:04, Speroni*1 said:

Uncut Gems.

Had an ominous feeling all the way through the film. I get that that's the intention and as brilliant a film as it is, I didn't enjoy that horrible anxiousness.

8.5/10 

Never watching it again.

I was the same just felt heavy stressed for the entire runtime. Great ending though, felt cathartic.

Lore (2012)

A German movie, set at the end of WWII, a high-ranking nazi & his wife desert their 5 kids as the Allies close in on them.

The eldest girl (Lore) tries to lead her young siblings, from the Black Forest, to her Grandma's up north in Hamburg, as Germany crumbles around them.

Pretty brutal at times, it's a lesser seen side of the WWII movie genre. As well as being a hard hitting drama, it's also a coming of age movie, that stays with you long after the ending.

Brilliant film.

Film4 have been showing it.

9/10

Capone

After serving 10 years in prison the notorious gangster Al Capone spends his final year at his Florida home, now suffering from dementia and haunted by hallucinations from his violent past.

Tom Hardy knocks it out the park again with his performance as Al.

7/10

The Terminator (1984)
9/10
One of my favorite movies of all time and one of the first films I owned growing up. I know most movie fans seem to prefer T2: Judgement Day, but the dark 80s atmosphere of T1 is amazing. More like a slasher film lol
Terminator1984movieposter.jpg&key=83d0595634e262e94340c9f409870f5a54d7b36647a4bd51c5e0ad5d13dd967c
getout.PNG&key=63fd91a13b283f7de17042a6c4073d6ac2aa0b38318d1ad88138c3de89e2e4ff

The first Terminator is 100% a horror film. And it's great for it.

Robocop (1987).

8/10

A great wee film. It's far more political than i remember when i was wee - but just as gory. The scene with toxic waste gave me nightmares.

The adverts and news clips peppered throughout are brilliant too.

32 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Robocop (1987).

8/10

A great wee film. It's far more political than i remember when i was wee - but just as gory. The scene with toxic waste gave me nightmares.

The adverts and news clips peppered throughout are brilliant too.

I watched that when I must have been about 9 or 10 and the toxic waste scene scars me to this day.

On 12/05/2020 at 22:54, thefootballgambler said:

The Terminator (1984)

9/10

Terminator1984movieposter.jpg

getout.PNG

I watched a youtube clip about films the lead actor expected to flop.

His agent did not want him to do this film and he replied "don't worry.  It will flop and nobody will remember that I did it".