What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

17 hours ago, scoobles said:

Bone Tomahawk
Can't think why I never watched it before.
Doesn't skimp on the violence and has Lili Simmons, what's not to like.
I'll never attempt the splits again tho

I watched this recently too. The synopsis warned it was strictly for adults only due to "extreme, horrific violence", and it didn't disappoint.

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not sure he deserved to be drugged, sewn in to a bear, and burned alive.

Probably a bit much there.

Great film mind. Absolutely loved the visuals and the colours. My parents have seen it too and they're both 60 so I'm now telling them that they have 12 years left and to start looking for a large rock.

I liked all the nods to the Wicker Man in it, such as the dodgy blossom trees scattered about randomly.

REC 2 - more folk go into the quarantined apartment building from the first film. Dafties.

Really good sequel, going into a bit more detail about the background without spoiling everything. More thought behind it than most found-footage films, with overlapping narratives and similarly decent performances to the first film.

BigFatTabbyBoy was silent throughout this, which must be some kind of miracle. He's desperate to see #3 now, but I've already warned him he's in for a bit of a letdown  :(

[REC] and [REC] 2 are maybe my favourite horror films although I haven't watched them in at least 5 years. The English dub where they get a southern Englishman to voice the racist auld Spaniard is a great bit of casting.

On 22/04/2020 at 02:06, The_Kincardine said:

You know I monitor cheap tropes about The Rangers.  Maybe next time you'll avoid posting like a fud.

For the avoidance of doubt that was a daft post and was meant to be funny but clearly wasn't.

On 24/04/2020 at 12:30, NotThePars said:

[REC] and [REC] 2 are maybe my favourite horror films although I haven't watched them in at least 5 years. The English dub where they get a southern Englishman to voice the racist auld Spaniard is a great bit of casting.

:lol:

That's getting watched.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

:lol:

That's getting watched.

Excellent films., so much so that you don't mind the subtitles. Although Rec 3 is a daft wedding caper Rec 4 wraps up the story well. Or does it?

One of my colleagues is a Mormon and a few years back I gave him a pirated disc of Rec 2 (yes it was that long ago). He gave it back the next day and apologised for not watching it due to the demonic slant the storyline took. The US Quarantine 2 remake went off in a different direction .

The Cable Guy 

3/10

I'm a big Jim Carrey fill and had never seen this before. It's pretty brutal. Very few laughs and a deeply unlikable main character that had no redeemable qualities.

Total shit actually.

Metallica: Through The Never

5/10

The 5 is all for the music. It was a weird cross between sort of staged live performance and an attempt at a film. Very odd and didn't work. Would rather just a Metallica live show.

6 hours ago, glassnahalf said:

Excellent films., so much so that you don't mind the subtitles. Although Rec 3 is a daft wedding caper Rec 4 wraps up the story well. Or does it?

One of my colleagues is a Mormon and a few years back I gave him a pirated disc of Rec 2 (yes it was that long ago). He gave it back the next day and apologised for not watching it due to the demonic slant the storyline took. The US Quarantine 2 remake went off in a different direction .

I didn't know there was a REC 4, will need to watch that. REC 3 gets slated but is actually pretty decent once you get past the wedding. Unfortunately that isn't until about half an hour gone. Just watch it and fast forward to the first killing and you won't miss anything IMO.

Joker

Never managed to get to see it at the cinema but still enjoyed it at home yesterday. Truly exceptional. The lead performance alone is worth watching it for but the whole thing strikes a perfect balance between understatement and scale. The tracking shots, cityscape shots and crowd scenes look incredible and clearly where much of the budget went, rather than OTT explosions and silly fight scenes etc. Quite an open take on today’s political landscape too, with people lashing out at established establishment figures and replacing them with reprehensible new heroes out of spite and frustration. 

10/10

The Shawshank Redemption 10/10

Arguably the greatest movie ever made. Nothing to add that others havent already said about this. One of those select films that once its on, you have to watch to the very end. I mustve seen this dozens of times and it remains one of my favourites

King Solomon's Mines

This was on some freeview channel earlier. Richard Chamberlain plays a swashbuckling hero searching for lost treasure in deepest Africa. Sharon Stone provides the eye candy.

Now it's fairly safe to say that this is a rip off of Indiana Jones, even though the main character appeared in various books and films long before Raiders of the Lost Ark. This had all the usual tropes like fights on top of moving vehicles, caves full of reptiles and booby traps, crude racial stereotypes and comically evil Germans.

A fairly ridiculous film over all but despite being shite I never felt like switching it off.

5/10

Edited by tongue_tied_danny